Before I get started on my "story" here's how to make a basic batch:
- 1 cup of liquid (I usually use 1/2 cup water, 1/2 cup milk)
- 1/4 cup dry polenta
- 1 tbsp of butter
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Bring liquid and butter to a gentle boil
- Turn down heat and slowly whisk polenta in
- Stir, stir, stir until thick, about 5ish-mins (this is important or it will get lumpy on you)
- Stir in cheese until melted
At this point it is ready to serve as a side. If you're making a batch for fries pour contents onto a greased baking sheet and refrigerate over night or until set.
Not so long ago I found myself with a good portion of leftover polenta. I decided to chill it in the fridge overnight in a square-ish container that I lightly misted with EVOO.
Enjoy your weekend! But beofre you do, if you live in Canada PLEASE check out the awesome giveaway that I'm hosting. **hint hint** It's for a FREE Kitchen Aid 13 Cup Food Processor!!!!
Bye for now!