Sunday, October 17, 2010

Thanks & Giving – Week 2

Hi everyone!  Hope you’ve all enjoyed a fabulous past few days.  I was at the rink Friday night and Saturday afternoon, but I did manage to get the groceries done, squeeze in a trip to Costco and as a special treat the kids and I went to watch my hubby play hockey last night.  DS thought that was pretty darn cool!  HAHA!!
As well as buying the regular stuff at Costco (drinking boxes, cereal, granola bars for the kids lunches, bread, etc), I also purchased a few (food) items for myself:IMG_3817 IMG_3816
I love the Taste of Nature bars and was excited to finally see them at Costco.  The Nature’s Path bars are not new to us and you can read my full review of them by clicking here.  I also bought my absolute favourite honey ever at the “big” grocery store that I usually pop into before DS’s hockey game as it happens to be right beside the rink:
 IMG_3714
This particular honey is dark, bold in flavour and thick like molasses.  I put it in everything from oats to marinades.  If you’re a honey lover, which do you prefer???  Whenever you see a gleaming strand of gold on my oats, you’ll know it’s this honey.
Before I get to the food item of the week, these are some goodies that I’ve been enjoying!  **Friday night I made another big batch of steel cut oats in the crock pot so that’s what you’ll be seeing below**IMG_3814 This is a piece of Tandoori chicken breast on a toasted WW English muffin with hummus and cassata cheese and was my lunch today.IMG_3800 IMG_3801 IMG_3802 IMG_3803 IMG_3804 IMG_3807 IMG_3808 IMG_3812 IMG_3813 Moving on to a few things that I’m thankful for this past week….this first has got to be the gorgeous weather we’ve been having.  Blue skies, decent temps…perfect fall weather:IMG_3809 Something else to be thankful for is friends!IMG_3811 Where would we be without our friends, right?  They’re the perfect shopping partners, movie buddies, sounding boards and stress relievers.  I’m also thankful for the opportunity to be a friend.  We can never take that honour for granted!
And last, but not least, the food item of the week for the Thanks & Giving drive is….drum roll, please…..mac & cheese!IMG_3818
As I mentioned when I made the announcement about the drive last week, you do not have to purchase the same name brand as me.  Any mac and cheese will do.  Also, if you’re just reading about this now you can get all the deets by viewing the Thanks & Giving tab at the top of the blog.  AND, you can join any time or participate only in the weeks that work for you.  Every little bit counts, right?  Just make sure to take a picture of your loot at the very end to email to me at kristaskravings@gmail.com so that I can include it in a final post at the end of the challenge.

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. yayyy! I got my tuna this weekend and now I will add 2 boxes of mac and cheese to the mix as well. I love this idea. I can't tell you enough ;) Glad you had a nice weekend. There is SO much to be thankful for. I always forget how good english muffins are, I need to pick some up. Happy Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you had a fabulous weekend! I have two boxes of mac and cheese that I will set aside for this little diddy. I must buy english muffins now.

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you like to send some of that perfect Fall weather to Alabama? It's gone back into the high 80s lately!!

    Friends are definitely something to be thankful for. They aid in sanity and crazy times..pretty all-around :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have two cans of tuna purchased (on sale this week!), and will have to get me some mac & cheese now.

    Our costco is carrying the Liberte Greek yogurt now - you should see if yours is as well!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're so right about friendship.... we should never take for granted to have and/or be a friend... I've been appreciating my friends more and more lately as I learn to be a friend! :)
    yummy eats!!! I've started to have oatmeal finally!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The pumpkin spice Nature's Path bars are to die for! I'm super thankful for the nice weather we've been having for this time of year too!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a huge honey-lover too! I like to buy local honey (ususally the autumn variety as opposed to spring because it's much darker and richer flavored) because I'm a horrible allergy sufferer...I don't know if it really helps, but I'll try anything, lol! I'm adding mac and cheese to my grocery list, thanks Krista! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. manuka honey is awesome stuff and it has tons of great antibacterial, antiviral properties...i dont buy it often b/c it's $$ but it's so good for you!

    have a great week!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I never really knew the differences between different kinds of honey. Maybe because we don't buy it that often. I'll keep that kind in mind next time we run out though!

    I really like the Thanks & Giving idea too, that is so sweet. I'm for sure keeping it in mind for all future grocery store trips.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm joining your food drive, I think it's fantastic. I'll find your post from last week and catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I didn't go out and get tuna but I'm pretty sure we have that in the pantry. I'm adding mac and cheese to the list. I have a feeling I will be playing catch up near the end but at long as it ends up at the food bank right? I actually know of one I can donate to because I used to work at one as a Girl Scout!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love CREAMED HONEY! Nothing better than creamed honey and almond/nut butters! Your pictures are looking stunning! I may have missed this, but did you get a new camera??
    As part of my weekly grocery shopping, I always pick up at least 2 food bank goods!
    XO
    Barbara

    ReplyDelete
  13. Krista, thanks for stopping by my blog! If I remember correctly, I used to read your blog back when I first started my blog :) I think we both started blogging about the same time! All these foods look wonderful, especially that tandoori chicken and the bowl of steel cut oats (my favorite!). As for my honey preference, sadly I can't eat it :(

    ReplyDelete
  14. you are so on the spot about friendship! i love that you mentioned it! i am def more aware of them now that i live so far away from all my friends!

    ReplyDelete
  15. That honey sounds AWESOME. I'm a big fan of molasses, so if Manuka is somewhere between that and regular honey, I bet I'd love it. In fact, I don't give honey enough love.

    Very thankful for friendship myself! Keeps me sane. :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!