As promised, here are the recipes that I made over the past few days. Please note that neither of them are mine. The jam one came from a random microwave book that my Mom has and I have no idea where I got the cake one because it’s just a print out that I have. ENJOY!
- 3 cups grated zucchini
- 1/2 cup water
- 3 cups of sugar *
- 1 cup crushed pineapple, drained
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 3oz package apricot jello**
- In a 4L microwave safe dish nuke zucchini and water for 15-20 minutes
- Stir in remaining ingredients until completely dissolved
- Microwave for another 15-20 mins making sure it doesn’t bubble over
- Allow to cool completely then store in glass jars in the fridge
*Next time I would only use 2 cups of sugar as it’s quite sweet on it’s own
**Peach or orange would work, too
Orange Dreamsicle Cake
- 1 box white cake mix, any brand
- 2 egg whites
- 1 can orange soda
- 1 sm pkg of orange jello
- 1 cup hot water
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 sm pkg orange jello
- 1 sm pkg instant vanilla pudding
- 1 cup 2% milk
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 8oz tub of Cool Whip
- Preheat oven to 350*. Spray 9x13 pan with PAM. Mix cake mix with orange soda and egg whites. Blend for 30 seconds until moistened and then on medium speed for for 2 mins. Pour batter into pan and bake for 30-35 minutes
- Mix 1 pkg of orange jello with hot water until completely dissolved. Add cold water and stir. Poke holes in HOT cake with a fork. Pour jello evenly over cake. Refrigerate at least 2hrs
- For frosting, mix together second pkg of orange jello and vanilla pudding. Add milk & vanilla and stir well. Gently stir in the Cool Whip. Spread on COLD cake. Keep refrigerated until ready to serve.
Hope you enjoy these 2 Krista’s Kraving’s winners!!
Bye for now!!