We stopped by Starbucks on our way home from one of Noah’s practices last night and boy, oh boy was I ever STOKED to see the addition of coconut to the menu!!
I could hardly contain my excitement and all but drilled the poor barista on all things coconut. Was it here to stay? Could I add it to anything I wanted? What would he think it’d be best in? And on and on. Going in I had intended to by an iced green tea, but I walked out with a NF Coconut Crème Frap!
Heaven to my taste buds, to be sure! As we arrived home I was hit with a strong urge to bake something involving coconut. I “borrowed” one of my own recipes and tweaked it to suit my coconut desires!
Coconut Dark Chocolate “Cookies”
- 1.5 cups oats
- 2/3 cup Bisquick
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp brown sugar
- 4 tsp light margarine (I used Becel)
- 2/3 cup unsweetened vanilla almond breeze
- 1 tsp coconut extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened coconut
- 1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
Pre heat oven to 400*
- combine first 7 ingredients
- Fold in coconut and dark chocolate chips
- form into 10 “balls”, flatten slightly and place on greased baking sheet
- Bake for 17-20 minutes These babies are a neat cross between a cookie/biscuit/muffin top. In other words…AMAZING!!!'
Bye for now!!