Thursday, January 26, 2012

Dempster's Thin Bagels

A few weeks back I received some fun mail that included 3 varieties of Dempster's Thin Bagels for us to try...
We love when Dempster's products show up at our house!  The fam has been eating Dempster's whole grain bread exclusively for some time now so we're familiar with the company and their amazing products.  You can also check out my review for the Oven Ready Baguettes here.  It's not too clear in the picture, but I was sent the White with Whole Grains:

Multi Grain 100% Whole Grains:
And the favourite among my boys; cinnamon raisin!
Seeing as I no longer eat gluten, Jason and the kids jotted down their thoughts for me to share with you:


-really good snack, great taste but on the small side
-delicious toasted with cream cheese
-tough to toast because they’re thin
-raisins ones are very good plain…don’t need any topping

Further to that, these bagels have less than half the calories of regular bagels and can be found in the bakery aisle a major grocery stores across Canada.  They typically sell for $3.59-$3.99.

Here are a few recipe ideas that would be well suited to these little guys...

Berry & Greek Yougurt This Bagel

-1 Dempster's Cinnamon Raisin Thin Bagel
-1 Tbsp Greek style plain yogurt
-2 Tbsp of mixed fresh berries
-2 tsp honey
-pinch of cinnamon

OR you could try Thin Bagel & Lox:
OR Thin Breakfast Club Sandwich:

At only 100 calories, 0.5 grams of fat, 2 grams of fibre and 3 grams of protein, these bagel thins make for a fabulous snack of base for your favourite sandwich!  Have you tried Dempster's Thin Bagels?  

Bye for now!!



7 comments:

  1. I really enjoy bagel thins! Bagels are awesome...but they are heavy on the calories. The thins give you that great bagel flavor without the calories. What a fun product to taste test.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS- I toast mine under the broiler vs the toaster

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love thin bagels! I've always gone for thin bread whether it be sandwich, wraps, or whatever. Regular slices have way too much dough..it takes away from the flavor of what's in the middle!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't tried that brand per-say but I've had the bagel thins in the states and love them! Reminds me of the sandwich thins, but with a hole in it. haha! I love making pizzas out of them!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ok, no joke, at work yesterday I had this blueberry salad I made and I bought Greek yogurt (plain) to go with it, but they didn't taste too great when I mixed them together. SO, I was thinking of doing something with Greek yogurt on a bagel with the blueberries on TOP! I wasn't sure if it would work, but now I think it will!!! I love the idea of adding honey and cinnamon too. Billiant!
    Enjoy your weekend Krista :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love whole wheat bagel thins :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm a fan of bagel thins too! I'll have to look for the cinnamon raisin ones, they sound delish!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!