Melissa tagged for a survey! Basically 8 questions are asked by a blogger to seven other bloggers, who then ask 8 different/new questions to seven new bloggers! Here we go!
1. What celebrity chef do you want to meet in person? And what do you want them to make for you?
I have to go with Rachael Ray. I’d love her to made a stoup for me!!
2. Favourite drink of choice?
If we’re talking booze I like cranberry, vodka and club soda. If not, then plain old water! ;)
3. What meal would you never eat ever again?
Stew made with moose. *SHIVER*
4. Baking or cooking?
I’d have to go with cooking here.
5. There’s a fire in your kitchen, what would you grab first?
Sadly, my first instinct would be to smack at it with a tea towel!
6. You’re cooking dinner for Barak Obama; What would you make him?
I honestly have no idea….
7. I’m coming to your house to run a race.and you have to feed me. What is one thing from your city/town I must try?
Would ice cream work? Because we have a great ice cream shop here!
8. How do you take your ice cream?
In a waffle bowl. With lots of caramel an nuts on top!!!
So my 8 Questions are;
- What is your favourite food starting with the letter “S”?
- Are you an allergy sufferer?
- What is your all time favourite make up product?
- Best childhood memory?
- If you could play one sport professionally, what would it be?
- What is your number one grocery shopping tip?
- Who would you be most nervous to cook dinner for?
- Is there a food that you hated as a child, but LOVE now?
- Cassie from A Pinch of This A Dash of That
- Erica from Itzy’s Kitchen
- Coco from Balance, Joy, Delicias
- Marianne from French Fries to Flax Seeds
- Faith From An Edible Mosaic
- Mary from Bites & Bliss
- Erica from Fashion Meets Food
A friend of mine, who also happens to be our hair stylist, sent a surprise home with my hubby last night!
Isn’t she a doll? Chamomile has always been my go-to tea. Especially if I’m feeling under the weather. My Mom always made this for us when we had belly aches. She even gave it to us in our bottles when we were babies to help us sleep.
What is Chamomile? Chamomile is an herb that comes from a flowering plant from the daisy family. Both the fresh and dried flowers of chamomile have been used to create teas for centuries to cure a number of health problems. The active ingredient in chamomile essential oil is known as bisabolol, which has a number of anti-irritant, anti-inflammatory, and anti-microbial properties.
What are the Benefits of Chamomile? Chamomile can be used topically or orally to treat a number of everyday ailments, such as:
-Insomnia and other sleep disorders
-Wounds, burns, and scrapes
-Skin conditions such as psoriasis, eczema, chickenpox, and diaper rash
-Stomach problems such as menstrual cramps, stomach flu, and ulcers
I enjoyed a cup today while at work. Do you like chamomile?
I made some potato leek soup the other day. This soup is so easy to make that I don’t know why I don’t make it more often. Simply sauté 4 sliced, cleaned leeks with a clove of minced garlic in 2 tbsp of of oil (I used avocado oil) for about 8 minutes then add 3-4 chopped potatoes and 4 cups of water or stock. Cover, bring to a boil, then simmer for 20-25 minutes. Take off heat and puree, add back to heat and stir in 1 can of evaporated milk. Voila! As you can see, I served ours with bacon bits on top. YUM! It made a great lunch the day after along with a toasted bagel thin and cassata cheese: Other food!! There have been other bowls of oats, of course, but it’s just too dark in the mornings to get a decent photo. I made a crock pot of steel cut oats Friday night so this is what you’re seeing in these pics here. On to this weeks food item for the Thanks & Giving food drive: Two jars of baby food!! We can’t forget about our little people, right? Remember to check out the Thanks & Giving tab at the top of the blog for info on week’s 1-4! Also, don’t to forget to enter my giveaway for a $65.00 gift certificate to CSN Stores!!!
Bye for now!!