I love the new look of their packaging! Very streamlined and to the point. (*note: even though I have bought Shake N Bake products many times before, this was sent to me at no charge)
I decided to make this last weekend when DD was off at her Hallowe’en party. She’s not a fan of Shake n Bake (I know!!) so I knew she wouldn’t miss it. I had chicken breasts on hand and also used some of the coating on potatoes. Here are the potatoes getting a shake!
Then my camera died and I had to charge it while everything baked so I would have some dinner photos! DOH! Here were are hot out of the oven! The piece you see in the back with very little coating was DS’s. I figured it would be a bit spicy for him so only used a bit. I served it with a side of peas and corn, cuz that’s how we roll! :)
I took notes as we ate so these are our thoughts:
- DS-tastes like bacon (??), a bit too spicy BUT still super good!
- Hubby-nice bite, great crispy coating, works awesome on the boneless chicken, not sure if I would like it as much with chicken “on the bone”
- Me-same tangy smell as restaurant wings, good dose of heat, kept the chicken extremely moist
The consensus is that we all really enjoyed the Crispy Buffalo flavour! I would definitely buy this product and at an approximate price of $2.39/box for two pouches, how can you go wrong???
Here’s a bit more information about Shake n Bake:
- other flavours include extra crispy, original, parmesan (Mmm…), ranch & herb, herb & garlic, Italian, hot & spicy, BBQ glaze and original pork. Something for everyone, if you ask me!
- All varieties can be found in the pantry section of grocery stores nationwide
- visit Shake & Bake to download discounts and find easy to prepare meals or snacks that the whole family will love
- You could most definitely use this on something other than chicken. I was thinking that it would really jazz up some jumbo shrimp!
- This worked well on the potatoes, too. Sweet potatoes would also be awesome
- Takes no extra time or involvement to prepare. Simply shake and bake!! :)
Bye for now!!