…the following items were sent to me for review.
We’ll do the hot oatmeal first. I received their variety pack;
I couldn’t decide which flavour would go first so I opted to do least favourite to favourite because I believe in saving the best for last! :) That being said, I want you to know right off the bat that I enjoyed all 4 flavours, some just more than others.
- The dried apples hydrated nicely and were soft and easy to chew. You know how sometimes rehydrated stuff can be tough and chewy? Not the case here.
- The apple flavour was nice and strong, but I found it to be a bit too sweet by the last few bites.
- Any kind of nut would make a great addition to this flavour to bulk it up a bit.
- The scent of maple syrup wafted lusciously from this bowl! And the flavour didn’t disappoint, either.
- I personally didn’t see any nuts in the pouch that I used. I still have one left so we’ll have to see if there are any in there.
- Because of the above, I added pecan pieces to my bowl. Again, any nut would be great here.
- This one took me back to eating porridge on cold winter mornings as a kid! The nostalgia was fun. LOL
- There was just enough spice to be flavourful without overpowering the oats
- Decent amount of raisins in my packet!
- I added some cream and granola which took it to the next level!
- Hands down my favourite of the 4. Here’s why;
- The Flax Plus is not “flavoured”, a clean slate, per se, so you can customize it to your liking
- It seemed to make a larger serving than the rest
- For me, it was the most filling of the lot
- I like to add coconut butter and carob chips for a great breakfast!
- The suggested amount of liquid is 1/2-2/3 of a cup. I added a full cup (a cup and a quarter to the Flax Plus) because otherwise it was a bit too thick for my liking.
- I preferred making this in the microwave to the kettle. The results were thicker and creamier.
- Each pouch makes a generous sized serving. More so than “other” brands where I feel I need to make 2 packs.
- It does cost a bit more than “other” brands, but I find the quality and the fact that the serving is larger more than worth an extra dollar or 2.
- Quick, easy, satisfying breakfast OR snack!
- This will be a product that appears in my grocery cart more often than not from now on
I can’t seem to find my photo, but I did enjoy a bowl of these with USAB and blueberries. Let me tell you; if you like Cheerios, you will LOVE Whole O’s! They were light, airy, crisp and I could not tell that they were gluten free. The kids have been enjoying them, too. DD likes hers with sliced banana and DS ate them straight up out of a Ziploc bag for a snack at camp last week. Next week I’ll be buying a box to replenish the one I sent.
So tell me, did you find this review helpful? Have you tried any of these cereals? If so, which one(s) and what did you think??? Reader comments help make a great review, too so come on out of the woods and let us know!!
Bye for now!!