Sunday, February 22, 2009

Snowy Sunday

We woke up to quite a bit more snow this morning! Thank goodness what we had melted or we probably woulda had record high snow banks!! DS had a game at 7:30 this morning and I made what is becoming our traditional Sunday breakfast....pancakes! I used the same recipe for mine as usual, but added a bit of a twist this morning. Instead of blueberry pancakes, I made strawberry green tea latte pancakes!
Yes, they look a little Christmas-y, maybe even a little weird, but they tasted awesome! I simply omitted the water and replaced it with more milk, traded strawberries for the blueberries and added about a 1/2 teaspoon of matcha powder. This switch up evolved when I realized that I had zero blueberries in the house and the matcha container all but landing on my head when I took my baking basket off the shelf. Despite their odd appearance, they were fabulous!

I was feeling a little snackish by 9pm last night so I ate my very last Cravings cheesecake. This one was lemon.
It's going to be a while before I buy anymore of these. At almost $2.00 a pop, I just can't justify it when my hubby is down to 4 day work weeks. I also ate a juicy pear that was very camera shy!

We stopped at Knapp's on our way out to the farm because the pie "of the week" was my absolute favourite-blueberry peach. And although I was not hungry in the slightest, I still ate me a piece of that pie. So engrossed in my piece as I was that I forgot to snap a photo! GASP! Never fear, here's a shot of what's left of this beauty! :)
Needless to say, I wasn't very hungry when lunch time rolled around! After humming and hawing, I decided to make a simple bowl of cream of wheat with a splash of coconut extract and some mango seeing as I was chopping one up anyways for an afternoon snack. I topped it with some maple flakes for good measure.
I was pretty stuffed after I ate this! We made a quick trip over to Costco this afternoon for a few things. I made sure to pick up another container of medjool dates. It seems that they're becoming an addiction of mine! Oh, well....it could be worse! I promptly are 2 once we were back in the van. i also tried 2 bread samples while there....an olive one and a cinnamon raisin one. Both were really good. Good enough, in fact, that I decided they'd better just stay at the store! ;)

I had prepared a small bowl of strawberries and mango as an afternoon snack but never did get hungry for it.
Instead, I used it in a wicked good salad at supper time! You'll either have to read on or scroll down to see said salad!

I spent some time on the computer and reading my book before it was time to get dinner rolling. I am so engrossed in A Thousand Splendid Suns that my eyes have started burning from reading for such long periods of time. I started it 3 days ago and I'm almost done. So far, I like it better than The Kite Runner. Although that was a fabulous read, as well! The author, Khaled Hosseini is one of the most fantastic authors ever. He has a way with words that makes me feel as though I've been to Afghanistan and can relate to what is happening in the story. The characters in his books are so vivid that I feel like I know them personally. If you are a reader and haven't read these 2 books, I highly recommend them!

My hubby felt like burgers for supper and I was 100% down with that! In fact, I had one Amy's California burger left that was just begging to be consumed! It went on a WW bun with some Sabra jalapeno hummus, a Laughing Cow cheese wedge, dijonnaise, pickles and hot peppers. On the side was a salad with mixed greens, strawberries, mango, chopped pecans and Bountifuls 3 Berry salad dressing.
FAN-TAS-TIC!!! What a highly satisfying meal! And it felt SO summery to be eating it! There's a blizzard outside? What? Pashaw!! :) My salad reminded me of Panera! No sweet end for me...too full! Plus I hear a rumor that my sis did some baking so I'm sure treats are in the near future!

We're off to the 'rents house for our weekly visit. When we get home I will promptly be parking my rear end on the couch to watch The Amazing Race! The kids have a PD Day from school tomorrow so I decided to book the day off as well. DS will be in a hockey camp for most of the day so DD and I will be hanging out doing girly things! Catch up will y'all tomorrow!!!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Delish pancakes, pie, fruit.... holy yum!! :-D

    Have fun at the 'rents!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excuse me while I drool over that pie!! Seriously, I'm not a big dessert girl but that looks AMAZING!

    As does your salad - Strawberry Poppyseed salad from Panera?! I totally see it!

    Enjoy your night!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm drooling over all your tasty eats!! Fruit looks great too! I need some strawberries now! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. WOW that all looks delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those pancakes sound SO delicious :)
    mmm love the fresh fruit too girlie

    ReplyDelete
  6. perfect sunday breakfast!! :D I need to make some too (just too lazy lately)
    I wonder if I can get those craving cheesecakes in US. they look so yummy~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had some great eats this weekend!

    I also enjoyed Kite Runner but have not read Thousand Splendid Suns. I am glad you are enjoying it.

    The Amazing Race was great tonight. I look forward to that every Sunday.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Blueberry peach does sound like a great pie combo, but I don't think it can beat out raspberry peach! Mmmmm.

    The salad looks awesome :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Krista! LOOOVE the green tea pancakes (haha yes i love green tea) but they definitely look a tad bit dry. BUT i believe you that they were good anyways! heheheh

    I tagged you for the Kreative blogger award, so please take the banner and share the love! You deserve it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Every time you post about those cheesecakes I think the same thing: I wish they sold them here in the UK!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!