Wednesday, February 18, 2009

White Stuff Again

I woke up to snow again this morning! YUCK! They said it was suppose to turn into rain, but they lied because it snowed lightly all day long. I’ve officially had enough of winter! To top that off, I was up coughing all night with some random scratchy throat. I think I need a holiday! :)Actually, I’ve booked March Break off (March 16-20) and I can not wait! I did have a good bowl of oats to brighten up the day, though!

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-3 big strawberries & ½ a banana all mashed together
-cinnamon
-handful Nature’s Path pumpkin flax granola

A delicious, fruity bowl that I thoroughly enjoyed!

The morning flew right on by as it’s pay run Wednesday, which means we have to complete all the payrolls and transfer then to the bank. Around 11, my tummy was rumbling a bit so I took the opportunity to eat the other half of yesterday’s Carrot Cake Clif bar.

I wouldn’t say it’s my favorite flavour, but, it certainly tasted MUCH better today!

I only had time for a half hour lunch today, so I did my killer treadmill workout that you’ve heard me talk about. I was a little tired today so I didn’t hit all the incline’s, but I made sure to always have a bit of one when called for. Here are my stats:

Time: 25 minutes
Avg HR: 162
Max HR: 185 (must’ve been at the peak of the routine!)
Calories Burned: 238
Distance: 2.58 miles (4.15 km)

Not too bad (for me) for a 25 minutes sweat-a-thon! A BIG thanks to everyone who gave me advice/info on my dilemma on whether or not to snack before my midday workouts. I’ve decided that if I am truly starting to feel hungry within an hour of going to the gym, I will have something small to tide me over. Otherwise, no snacky pour moi!

Lunch was leftover dinner. I know, you’re all very surprised by this!! Baked cod, lentils and broccoli.

The fish ended up a bit dry after being nuked but other than that it all tasted yummy. I also ate an orange that I painstakingly peeled last night. See, I hate the pith and it’s a requirement that my citrus be pith free before I eat it. This usually results in a messy fruit, but I took my time last night while watching the Biggest Loser. Pathetic, I know, but it was one tasty orange!!

Lunch didn't hold me over as well today as yesterday. Just before leaving work, I ate one of my cranberry oatmeal muffins. These are a bit denser than the apple flax ones, but just as good! I really enjoyed the tartness of the cranberries.

It was quite mild out when I left work considering that it was snowing so I decided to shovel the driveway for some fresh air.It felt so nice to be outside and not freeze to death!!

The fam had pasta for dinner tonight with some sauce that included 4 chicken thighs. I decided to make myself a stir fry with some random veggies from the crisper. I think it turned out just lovely!

This creation contains 3oz of linguine, 1/4 each red, orange & yellow bell peppers, 5 asparagus stalks, tofu, soy sauce, chili powder. It.Was. So. Good! Hope I don't regret the pasta later on tonight!

Tonight was swim night so I was able to relax with my book (I'm reading A Thousand Splendid Suns by Khaled Hosseini) by the pool for an hour. So what if the pool's inside? It's humid enough in there to make it feel like summer! :) I've had some problems uploading my photo's in to Blogger tonight so I hope you are able to view everything OK. Have a terrific evening!!

Bye for now!!




9 comments:

  1. So fabulous that you booked yourself a break - you deserve it, girl!!

    Enjoy the book!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The tofu looks soooo good. I have recently become a tofu fan. yum

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so bummed it was snowing here again... so sick of it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like snow...send it my way!

    And I'm with you on the pith issues. Pith = inedible. Blech. Which is why I just don't eat alot of citrus.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The pasta looks yummy and I think you got the necessary colours in. The tofu looks delish. How did you prepare it?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Anon...I actually just cooked the tofu in a frying pan over low heat until it was golden in colour. Then I just glazed it with a bit of hickory flavoured BBQ sauce. When I have time, I do it up in the oven! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry about the snow! I would still like to get one more big storm, but I understand being over it.

    The lentils look really good!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Waking up to the snow was NOT how I wanted to start my Thursday :(

    How's that book? I've heard it's pretty good?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!