Sunday, February 1, 2009

A Beautiful Sunday

Hello blog friends! Today was the nicest day we've had in a very LONG time! It was about 5 degrees Celsius and the sun was shining down warm. The sun gaining strength is a sure sign that winter is nearing it's end. Amen! The boys were up at 5:30 am for hockey and although the alarm woke me up, I stayed in bed until about 6:45 just enjoying the quiet. I had promised pancakes again so I made a repeat of last Sunday's jack's....chocolate chip. I didn't have any fresh strawberries this time, but I did have frozen so I made a quick sauce using 3 cup of the berries, thawed in the microwave and mashed, a 1/3 cup of OJ mixed with 1 Tbsp of corn starch and a 1/4 cup of sugar. I brought all that up to a boil and set it on low until it got thick, about 5 minutes. I decided to make another Hungry Girl pancake recipe pour moi...Apple Blueberry Pancake Shake Up...and they were the best! I think the strawberry sauce brought them a few notches up the delicious ladder!

Are you drooling yet?! I know I am all over again just looking at the photos!!

In case you're wondering, I did eat all 3 of them! :)

Our morning was spent out at the farm for coffee/catch up time. DS brought his Wall-E Wii game out for Grandma to try and in exchange, he played her target game. We were home by noon and I wasn't really hungry for lunch but I knew I needed to eat something because we had a trip to Costco planned and going there even slightly hungry is bad for my wallet! I had about 3/4 of a cup of the Amy's (bland) split pea soup left so I warmed it up and tossed in a diced up slice of deli ham and some grated white cheddar cheese. Oh, and salt & pepper!

It was much tastier this way! As we walked out the door a grabbed a handful of Dauphine (walnut) Sahale snack mix...


This is my favourite blend of the ones I've tried thus far.

Even though I managed to only have a coffee sample at Costco, I still bought quite a bit. What can I say? They had some great stuff there this time!! Here's my loot...

Amy's soups (lentil & minestrone), jalapeno Sabra hummus, green tea, V8 soups (tomato & carrot) and medjool dates. Next up we have a new Wii game, Neighbourhood Games (it has football, bocce, golf, horseshoes, shuffle board and much more that I can't remember now) and a big box of Nature's Path Optimum cereal (blueberry cinnamon).

I also picked salmon up for dinner. Oh, and another bag of my Valentine's Day addiction....cinnamon hearts.

I must admit to eating 4 medjool dates on the way home. Then I started on the hearts to get the awesome date taste out of my mouth. Yes, I am hopeless! :)

So, salmon it was for supper. I sprinkled it with some salmon spice and butter and let it do it's thang in a 350* oven for about 15ish minutes. On the side was some lovely steamed veggies and a portabello mushroom cap filled with Sabra hummus and cheese.

Such a great meal! I was too full for a sweet end right away, but I did eat 2 chocolate chip cookies at my parents house. I forgot my camera at home, though. I'm sure you all know what they look like, though! I'm off to shower the kids and make lunches for tomorrow. Let the week begin!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. i'm glad it looks like it's going to start warming up for you! exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the pancake shake-up!! :-)

    Such a nice day you had, indeed - hope your evening and next week go just as well!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those pancakes look great!!

    Fabulous grocery haul - LOVE the V8 soups and cinnamon hearts :)

    Thanks for the fig jam tip! I'm going to try it out tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. mmmm your morning pancakes look great. I made some for Josh this am before running to the gym and didn't get a chance to eat any! You have left me craving them even more :) Love those little hearts...I need to run out and buy them for myself as a valentines day present haha. Have a good night

    ReplyDelete
  5. *drooling* over the pancakes. wish I could eat them through the screen!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm definitely drooling over those pancakes! And ohh yes, cinnamon hearts are definitely a V-day treat! I forgot that I have candy hearts, etc. to look forward to soon! Thanks for the reminder :o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooooh, your Costco has stuff mine doesn't, like that cereal. Actually, they used to carry a Nature's Path Optimum Cereal with blueberries, but it wasn't that one. I loved it, then they stopped carrying it. Booo.

    Love the pancakes!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Um. Yes, I am drooling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yes yes yes, I am DEFINITELY drooling! such gorgeous pictures! and omg, when did costco start selling amy's soups?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!