Saturday, January 31, 2009

Birthday Party Fun & Some New Reads

Hello everybody! I wanted to start out this post by giving a shout out to all my new readers out there! Thanks for commenting...I just love reading the comments I receive on my blog. For those of you with your own blog, you can be sure that I will be checking them out in the next few days. I'm always on the hunt for new, exciting blogs to read.

My day certainly started off on the right foot. DD & DS made and brought my hubby and I tea/coffee in bed this morning! How sweet is that?! I got a pumpkin spice tea and my hubby got his coffee, 2 sugars, 1 cream....just how he likes it. I don't have any photos, though, as the camera was downstairs. After getting some laundry in the machine, I got my oats for the day on the stove.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 mashed banana
-wheat berries
-pumpkin butter
-cinnamon

I had forgotten all about my pumpkin butter so when I saw it in the fridge, I knew it had to go in my oats. YUM! It tasted great with the banana. The jar is almost done which is kinda sad.

I didn't have time for much this morning because we had to be out the door by 10:45am to pick up the birthday cake and get over to Burger King. I did manage to squeeze in some blog reading between my shower and packing up. Here's the cake....it's "Monster Truck" themed.

The party went VERY well! There were 11 kids in total and they all enjoyed running around and playing tag in the pay area. I enjoyed it because there was only one door to get in and out so it was easy to keep track of everyone! DS came home with what felt like a truck load of gifts. I barely heard a peep out of him for the rest of the afternoon he was so occupied!! And the Webkinz were a big hit! The kidlets had fun showing off which ones they'd picked out of the bag!

I knew there wasn't going to be anything I wanted to eat while there so I made a bagel to eat for lunch. It was a WW bagel with 2 pieces of deli ham, white cheddar cheese and sabra hummus. It was suppose to have lettuce on it to, but I completely forgot to put it on! DUH!

I ended up eating this at 2pm as we were driving home. I nibbled on maybe 5 fries and had a small piece of cake at the party. To tell the truth, I left the cake and ate the icing! That's really odd for me because I'm not usually a fan of icing, but this stuff was GOOD...not at all sweet like most icings. DD figured you all needed to see "after" pictures of the cake, so here it is!

The remainder of the afternoon was very quiet and peaceful. We didn't have any errands to run or places to go which is nice for a change. I watched a bit of TV and did a little reading before I got started on dinner.

Before I post about dinner, I wanted to show you all what I bought last night! I received a gift card to Chapters for Christmas and knew right away what books it was going towards. Last night I finally got around to picking 2 of them up!

That's right! Twilight & New Moon! The only reason I didn't buy the other 2 is that I am picky when it comes to my books and HATE hard cover. I do most of my reading in bed and they're just too heavy to hold up! I have enough $$ left on the card to grab the others when they come out in paperback. I'm excited to start on Twilight but have a few books from the library to get through first. YAY!

Okay...back to dinner! The fam had chicken alfredo (bletch!) so I made myself a chicken veggie pasta dish. I combined about 1 cup of steamed veggies, 3oz of chicken breast. 2oz of pasta and a big scoop of mango chutney...

This meal was bursting with flavour! Pretty darn good for something I just threw together. I didn't really need it, but I ate another small piece of cake for my sweet end. I'm definitely all caked out now! What's left will be split between my parents and my in laws tomorrow. Tonight I have to get at some work that I brought home with me. Not looking forward to it, but I don't want to leave it until tomorrow. I'll like it even less then! I truly hope that everyone else's Saturday night will be loads more fun than mine!! :)

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Hope you are having an awesome weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stunning cake!! Perfect for a birthday celebration :-)

    Enjoy the rest of your night, Krista!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. fabulous cake and great celebration!

    Enjoy your night! :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is SO sweet that they made you coffee/tea. Adorable! Glad the party went well. The cake is super cute. Have a great (relaxing :)) night!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the cake! Happy birthday to Noah!

    ReplyDelete
  6. love the wheat berries in oatmeal :) i finally used them again! happy bday noah, and have a great rest of the weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i'm so glad to hear the party went well and the kids loved the webkinz! def a great goodie in their goody bags!

    and i love the cake! so boy themed! hehe!

    ReplyDelete
  8. that monster truck cake is awesome!

    oh oh!! you are started on the twilight obsession. i know you said you hate hardcover, but you just wait. you'll be willing to buy the 3rd and the 4th book even if they are encased in concrete!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so not a store-bought icing fan either! I usually scrape it off the cake, and just eat the cake part. It's no so much that it's too sweet, I just don't like the taste. Glad the party went well!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I hadn't even heard of Twilight until the POD company I sell my designs through got a license to design for it. So I read the books and watched the movie, and then came up with some designs to put in my shop. http://www.cafepress.com/fyfephotography/6222223

    That's a cute birthday cake, but your bagel sandwich looks even tastier! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. that's funny...I JUST got Twilight and New Moon to read too yesterday! Have only started on the first few pages yet. Did you watch the movie? I did, but didn't like it that much and am hoping the books are better.
    wow, that's a fast, simple, creative, and fun dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello Krysta,
    First time here, and sure will be back again.
    I remember those days when my son was younger, now that he is just turn 19, he doesn't need me to make a party for him (sigh). I miss those day.
    Happy birthday to Noah!
    Cheers,
    Elra

    ReplyDelete
  13. You just made me so happy with a simple picture of Twilight and New Moon :o) I really hope that you enjoy them!!

    I love the cake! Glad the Webkinz were a hit!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!