Friday, January 16, 2009

TGIF!

I was so tired last night that it was all I could do to keep my eyes open past 9pm! Needless to say, I slept like a rock! But….I woke up stiff as a board! I definitely used many different muscle groups this past week in shaking my workouts up. The top quarter of me is A-OK, but from my abs down I can feel every muscle that I’ve neglected. This might sound odd, but I relish the aches because it proves to me that I wasn’t slacking in doing something different.

Breakfast was also a little different.

-1 cup water
-1/4 cup Bob’s Redmill 10 Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-1 heaping Tbsp mango/pineapple jam (end of the jar)
-1/4 cup pumpkin seeds (also end of the pack)

The pumpkin seeds were the star in this bowl! They gave it the texture I so love. The jam flavour dispersed nicely, too and there were chunks of fruit in almost every bite!! YUM!

The morning flew by at work! Great for a Friday, I say. I started getting hungry around 9:30 which is very odd for me. I tried different tactics to distract myself, but I was still feeling the grumbles and hour later so I ate a strawberry & cream Curves bar with my Ginger Peach tea.

Here a peek of my flavours of Stash that I keep in my desk…

Us payroll gals went out to Boston Pizza for lunch today. It was great to get out of the office and socialize for a while. I ordered an awesome salad to eat. I think it was called something like “Citrus Chicken”. It was a mix of romaine, celery, carrots, green onions, red peppers and grilled chicken. I told them to hold the crispy Asian noodles. I also had the dressing on the side and when it came there were 2 choices….Apricot apple and honey lime. I liked the honey lime the best!

I ate every bite, garlic bread included! Yumalicious! Have I mentioned lately how badly I want my camera back?????

Moving along to what I bought at the health food store last night! Here’s a photo of the goods;

We have 3 Clif Bars (they were on sale!) in Maple Nut, Chocolate Chip and Toffee Peanut, a bag of Windy Hill Foods flax seed porridge (the whole reason behind the trip to the store), and a box of Lemon Ginger Stash tea. In the back you probably see a brown paper bag. There are wheat berries in there. I haven’t had any in months, so I stocked up!

And here are the 2 recipe books that I borrowed from the library last night…

Skinny Bitch in the Kitch and Mollie Katzen's "The Vegetable Dishes I Can't Live Without". I've marked a few pages to try from Skinny Bitch and I just started the other one, but I've already found tons of recipes that I want to try! many a person has laughed at me for reading recipe books like novels, but I love'em!

Mu hubby stopped at the grocery store on his way home from work and picked up pizzas for dinner. He very thoughtfully bought a healthier one for me.

A quarter of this pizza has 190 calories, 9g fat and 2g of fiber. Pretty good stats for a pizza! While I had the oven on, I roasted a fennel bulb with a little EVOO and S & P.

I went back and grabbed another piece, so I ate a half a pizza! Mind you, they're smaller than a regular frozen pizza! I'd say what I ate equaled 2 "normal" sized pieces. It was tasty!!! I really liked the blobs of goat cheese that were dabbed all over the place. Mmmm...My sweet end was 3 chocolate chip cookies. No pic because I ate them while cleaning up. Not a real good way to enjoy a few cookies, but what can you do?

DD and I are off to buy cat litter. Who knew a 3lbs kitten could poop so much?! :) Then we are going to the mall to hit up Old Navy....they have yoga pants on sale for $15.00! I'll be needing some for PILATES on Monday!!!! Can't wait!

Enjoy your night, everyone!!!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. I read cookbooks front to back like a novel! I'm doing so right now with the ones I bought recently. I always forget to tag recipes I want to try though, I think that's why I don't use my books as much as I should.

    PS - your pic from the health food store is missing. But I can use my imagination :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry if this comment shows up more than once - I don't know what is going on!

    I, too, LOVE feeling sore! It means your hard work is paying off :)

    Interesting dressing for the salad - I've never heard of those types before. They sound good!

    Your kitty litter comment made me laugh! Soak up those Old Navy sales :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Feel better and enjoy your weekend, dear Krista!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yayy for being sore ;) I love that feeling!

    LET me know how you like skinny b*tch in the kitch! I've been wondering how that book is since I read the book.

    Get some good sleepies tonight

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh, skinny bitch! best book ever!! i hope you enjoy some of the recipes from them!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love Stash teas! Great idea to check out cookbooks from the library!

    ReplyDelete
  7. lovely stash of teas :) hehehe. i love checking out cookbooks at the library, you can try some out before investing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Just found your blog! Its great! have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yay love soreness! I think pizza is one of those meals where the frozen version is just as good as a restaurant! Have a great weekend :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know exactly what you mean about reading cookbooks like novels, I do the exact same thing. The problem is that I never remember all of the great recipes that I want to try!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!