Monday, January 5, 2009

Bad Work News

Hello, all!

Well, I’m not gonna sugar coat it – getting up at 6:15am this morning seriously sucked! The kids co-operated, though…..thank God for small miracles…and we were out the door on time. Seeing as I was still half asleep when it was time to eat, I kept my oats on the simple side…


-1/2 cup chocolate peppermint Vitasoy
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-sprinkle of granola

I enjoyed this in relative peace and quiet while the kids coloured in the other room.

After I finished all my “chores” last night, I ended up baking some PB & chocolate chip cookies. My hubby had a hankering for them the other night, but I was too lazy to dig out a recipe and bake them. When I got off the computer last night, I found him wandering around with one of my cookbooks! GASP!! In our house, this is equal to me wandering around with a hammer….no good can come out of it! See, after nagging him for what seems like endless days to hang a picture for me, I finally seek out his precious hammer with the intent to just hang the darn thing myself. As soon as he sees me it’s instant panic and I get the “WHAT are you doing with my HAMMER????” Before I know it, the picture is up! HAHA! Same thing goes when I find him with a recipe…”WHAT are you doing with my RECIPE BOOK?????” And before he knows it, his cookies are made. :) Here’s the finished product.


I should mention that I used this recipe from Redbook magazine. I didn’t make any filling and I added about a 1/3 cup of mini chocolate chips. They. Were. Good! I ate 4 of them (well, 6 if you count the raw batter I ate!) That is precisely why I do not bake such things very often. Who can resist a cookie warm out of the oven? Not this girl! **Just a quick sidebar….my hubby inhaled 8 of these beauties in about 2 minutes!**

Okay! Back to today. Mid morning at noshed on these 2 clementine’s. One was really tasty, the other a bit dry. Glad I ate the dry one first!!!


Here’s my stats on my lunch run!

Time:35:19
Avg HR:167
Max HR:181
Calories:338
Miles:3.37

My run went by quickly today because I was so distracted watching my kitten and middle cat (Charlie) playing. Animals are funny little creatures!! Also, today was one of those days where I could’ve kept going. I felt really good and strong.

Lunch was the last piece of snapper from the other night…

Looks pretty sad, eh?! No matter…it was still tasty! I also ate some cut up peppers and carrots with Sabra Peppadew hummus…


One of the other payrolls girls was off today and we came to find out that she broke her wrist yesterday. Poor girl. Sucks for myself and the other payroll clerk, though, because she’ll be off for 6-8 weeks….and we’re already short a person. YIKES! It’s gonna be a busy month! We do have a lady helping us out with some things which will be a big help. When you work in a payroll environment, you can't just pull any old joe in to help because everything is confidential.

I’m sure nobody will be surprised to see this for my dinner…


Leftover chili! Tastes even better today! My sweet end? You guessed it! PB cookies! I think they'll be gone after my hubby and the kids are done with them tonight. Amen.

I'm off now to pick DD up from dance, then I have to get moving on the work I brought home today. I'm so excited about the task...enter sarcasm...Enjoy your night!!

Bye for now!

9 comments:

  1. Ya know, if you need to get rid of some peanut butter chocolate chip cookies, I know someone in Victoria who would be happy to take them off your hands. Mmmm...pb + chocolate. Is there a better combination?!

    And don't work too hard tonight - gotta save some energy to watch the Gold Medal Game!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OOOH, those cookies - divine!!

    Ahh, hang in there with the busyness/hectic stuff going on at work!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha - love your hammer/recipe book story! Glad to hear the cookies went over well ;)

    The oats look especially creamy today - YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I am totally book marking those cookies! I will make them for my next party! Oh yum!

    Sorry work is going to be soooo crazy busy- at least busy days go by fast??

    Glad we made it through Monday- phew!

    ReplyDelete
  5. OMG those cookies look FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love all of those! Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those cookies look awesome. My husband inhales cookies in quantities like that. How do they do it?

    ReplyDelete
  8. I avoid baking too often specifically because of the incredible deliciousness of raw dough, especially raw cookie dough. Irresistable.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is really funny about the cookbook! I love the cookies - they look wonderful.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!