Friday, January 2, 2009

A Photo Recap

I was checking out my post from yesterday and realized that somehow, the part about yesterday’s breakfast was missing!! I don’t know what happened there, but I’m sure you guys were pretty confused about how I went from eating cottage cheese at night to baking a cake the next day!! Sometimes I am a dork, plain and simple! I must have deleted a paragraph somehow. Here’s what I ate….. a mix of Quaker oats, water, cinnamon, French vanilla International Delight coffee creamer and pumpkin seeds.


I still wasn’t hungry by 1pm (this is still yeaterday), but my parents eat VERY early….at 4:30…so I knew I had to get something in my system or I’d go there starving. I nuked a ¼ cup of egg whites and put it between a 100 cal English muffing with some whipped cottage cheese and hot sauce. I also ate 2 clementine’s for good measure!


Mom put on a grand feast, as usual! Course #1 was a small piece of lasagna, salad and a bun…


Course# 2 was veggies, roasted sweet potatoes and ham…


Dessert was a piece of my oh so rich flourless chocolate cake and a biscotti that Mom made.


The plate is a disaster because I almost forgot to take a picture and had already dug in! Whoops!

There was also a tray of sweets out that I picked on but didn’t take any photos. I think I had 2 more biscotti, a raspberry square and some chocolate/peanut yum that my sis made.

We were home by 8pm and I just crashed on the couch with my kitty! At that point, it felt like midnight I was so tired! I was light’s out a bit before 11pm and woke up refreshed at 7:30am this morning. I got up and went straight to the kitchen to make a pot of oats!

-1/2 cup chocolate peppermint Vitasoy
-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup flax seed porridge
-sprinkle of granola


This was just what my belly needed!! After I ate, I made a big cup of green tea and proceeded to get some blog reading done. I have really enjoyed reading about everybody’s Christmas traditions over the past few weeks! Very entertaining and I found some neat new ideas, too! One thing I really enjoyed this morning while blog reading was Meghann and Angela’s photo recaps of their adventure’s in 2008. I thought I’d be a copy cat and do the same thing. While searching for picture’s on the computer, I realized that before I started to blog in August, I really didn’t take many pictures! I think that will change this year!! I did scrounge a few up so I hope you enjoy them!

In January, we went to see the Monster trucks in Toronto for DS's 6th birthday. What a BLAST!!


Our annual weekend get-a-way to the Nottawasaga Inn & Resort in April. This is always a fun filled family weekend!


In May, DD turned 9....Hannah Montana style!! My hubby and I also celebrated our 10th wedding anniversary in May! Man, time sure does fly!


In June, a very excited DS graduated from senior kindergarten. He was psyched to move on to grade 1!

In July, we participated in our first fund raiser as a family, walking a 5K for Jessica's Footprint...


Hubby and I at Canada's Wonderland in August. DD took this picture of us!

In November, DS and his hockey team played the intermission of the Canada Russia Hockey Challenge...a first "on ice with a crowd" experience for him and us! That's him with his stick on the puck....


In December, we welcomed a new furry friend into our home...Pepper!

And there we have a basic recap of 2008.

We took down the Christmas tree today. I’ve always found that to be such a sad chore. It really marks the end of the holidays and reminds me that real life is waiting for me just around the corner. *SIGH*

I made a quick stir fry for lunch using some tofu, leftover veggies and a tbsp of pomegranate chutney.


Easy and delicious! I also had a few clementine’s. I get so addicted to those little guys every year! After eating, I decided I’d better get out of my PJ’s and get some things done. First up was a trip to Costco where I found these….


Medjool dates! I’ve found them in the bulk section at the health food store, but never in a tub like this! I ate one as soon as we were back in the van and when we arrived home, I cut a slit in one and filled it with a tsp of almond butter.


Heaven! I can certainly see why some people eat this as a dessert.

I’ve been reading “The Cell” by Stephen King (one of my favorite authors) and realized today that it’s due back at the library tomorrow! Thankfully, I only had a few chapters left so I spent some time finishing it up. For those of you who are into Stephen King, it was a good one!

Snapper was on the menu for dinner tonight. I found some really nice, fresh fillets at Costco so I “snapped” them up! Oh, how I kill myself! HEHE!! :) I served it up with some sweet potato chunks that I steamed in the microwave.


My sweet end was a piece of chocolate cake…


I'm off to play with my Wii! Not sure what game yet...I'll decide when I get down there. I'll leave you with a picture's of pepper's first experience smelling fish. Needless to say, he went a little wild! Kittens are SO cute!


Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Love the food & family photo recap!!

    FRESH MEDJOOL DATES!!!! Everyone knows how much I fancy those :-)

    Such captivating photos of Pepper - so handsome!!

    Happy Friday!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your mom looks like she makes some pretty incredible food! I love homemade biscotti- oh yum yum!

    Love the photo recap- you have a beautiful family and you guys seem like you have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the family photos Krista! And I have to say again how cute Pepper is! And that chocolate cake looks yummy! Have a great day!

    Evelyn :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great photo recap!

    CC and hot sauce are a match made in heaven :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Pepper has similar markings to Sienna, just without the orange patches. So cute!

    And I have to get me that big ol' container of medjool dates when I go to Costco next - I have to wait til payday next week though since I have to also pay for my membership renewal when I next go. Booo.

    And your chocolate cake looks excellent - you said it was from Eat, Shrink & Be Merry, right?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh pepper is too cute :)

    lovely 2008!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Enjoyed your recap of 2008! I just started eating dates, and I love them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. love the photo recap!
    medjool dates with almond butter are soooo good!
    happy new year!

    ReplyDelete
  9. other blogs always have the best ideas to copy cat I got the photos recap idea from Olga...lol....

    Looks like you had a great 2008 and will have a fabulous 2009!

    Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Loving the food and photo recap! Happy New Year!

    zesty

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!