Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Farwell 2008, Welcome 2009!

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

Well, the computer issues seem to be resolved! Let's start with Friday night’s hockey game. It was a riot! We had some of the opposing team’s fans sitting near us which made the game that much more interesting! We won 5-4, though!! Before the game I had 2 pieces of oven ready pizza….I think it was the “Risorante” brand….in veggie.


Not bad, not great. That’s all I had time to eat because we thought the game started at 7:30, but it was actually a 7pm start time so we were a little rushed to get downtown for decent parking. You see, I am a wimp when it comes to the cold weather so I like to get a covered space in the parkade, but it fills up so fast!!

I was feeling a little hungry when we arrived home so I broke into my box of these treasures....

A Quaker True Delight bar in Toasted Coconut Banana Macadamia Nut. Just look at the size of the nuts on this thing!

I didn't get a strong coconut taste from the bar, but the banana flavour shone through quite nicely! Can't wait until these make it up to Canada!

When I got up Saturday morning, I made a batch of my green tea latte oats for breakfast.

I know it doesn’t look particularly appetizing, but it is awesome! DS had his last day of Storm Camp this morning. He got some autographs before they hit the ice and a few photos with the players…



The last half of their ice time was spent playing some pick up hockey with the Storm players. Let me tell you, he was in awe. It was a great experience for him and he wants to do it again next year. My hubby and I thought it was a great program, as well. Totally worth every cent!

We trekked up to the mall after hockey to buy the Outdoor Challenge game for the Wii. Can’t wait to tear into it later on tonight! Because it was pushing 1pm, we grabbed some Subway at the food court.

This is a 6”on WW with turkey, ham, lettuce, tomato, green pepper, cucumber, black olives and sweet onion sauce. OH, YEAH! Love this sandwich! After eating, I went to the sports store armed with my mall gift certificates and bought this for myself!!!


A POLAR F4 HEART RATE MONITOR!!!! I am SO psyched to finally get one of these guys! My hubby is going to help me set it up later because I’m really dense when it comes to electronics. I’d appreciate hearing any comments/advice/tips or tricks anybody out there has on this model. Please drop me a comment or email! Thanks!

On our way out, I picked up an eggnog misto at Starbuck’s…

Super good! When we got home I watched a bit of Oprah and then got started on a simple dinner of BBQ’d chicken with mango chutney and steamed veggies.

Dessert was a blueberry “Cravings” cheesecake. At 70 calories, these little cups pack a wallop of flavour!

We went to the park last night to see the annual light display the city puts every Christmas. It was darn cold outside….minus12* Celsius….but it was the last night for the display and we promised the kids. So, off we went, bundled up in about 500 layers!! :) It only took us 15 minutes max to see everything so we got home pretty quickly. We played Outdoor Challenge on the Wii for awhile and then popped some popcorn and settled in to watch Kung Fu Panda. I'm not a popcorn kinda girl, so my last snack of 2008 was cottage cheese with a scoop of apricot preserves.

I <3> this combo!!

Once I was done eating, I got to work baking a chocolate cake to take to Mom's place for dessert tonight (we're eating dinner there). I can't share the recipe, though, because it's from my Eat Shrink and be Merry cookbook. It's smells wicked good and I can't wait to try it!!

While that was cooling, I hit the treadmill. Thankfully, my knee was OK today and I ran 5.5 miles. I busted out the Polar F4 HRM and strapped it on. I had a few issues with it, though. Maybe I could get some help from anyone who has experienced the same thing. Three times during my run, it stopped "recording" on me. I was running away and it told me my heart rate was zero. Then, all of a sudden, it came back to life. What's up with that? Here's my readings, but I''m sure they're not 100% accurate with the pauses I got. OH! Another thing! The last time it stopped and came back on, it said my heart rate was 221 for a couple of seconds before it went back to a more "normal" rate....and I didn't change a thing about what i was doing. HUH???

Time:58:44 (I didn't turn it on right away...I was on the 'mill for 62 minutes)
Avg HR: 173
Max HR: 221 (HUH???)
Calories: 574

Anyways, I'm going to end this post here because I think it's long enough already! I'll post lunch and dinner tomorrow along with the rest of the day. I'm going to go get showered now and then I have some serious blog reading to catch up on!!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. Hooray for a great game!! So glad that the right team won :-)

    I've never seen those Quaker True Delight bars before - they sound delish!!

    I don't have an HRM, so I can't help :-( Sorry!!

    HAPPY NEW YEAR, KRISTA!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha 221!? Crazy..hopefully it will work correctly next time! Your son is adorable, what a great experience for him! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy 2009! I want a HRM soooo bad! That is awesome that you got one at the mall! That quaker bar looks absolutely incredible!Ow- I want to find that cravings cheesecake! You find the best products!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Krista, Happy New Year! My polar HRM sometimes does that, I find it does that if the strap isn't on tight enough and can "move" when you exercise. It can also help if you wet the chest strap before putting it on - if it's a "full band" chest strap then dampen the whole plastic bit! Hope this helps!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. So jealous of those granola bars and your heart rate monitor. I had it on my Christmas list, but alas, I didn't get it. I might have to get one soon!

    Happy 2009 :D

    ReplyDelete
  6. That is one PRETTY HRM! I love it :) What a great experience for your son!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. How cute is he in his hockey uniform!!!!

    I don't have a HRM so I don't have any help on that, but good luck with using it.

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad that the computer issue is solved and that you got the HRM, it's great! I had problems at the beginning, I think the key is to use it tight and put just in front of your chest and avoid moving it around.
    Good luck with it! You'll love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I got a HRM with my Garmin, but I haven't used it yet. I like the ellipticals at my school's gym because they tell you your heart rate which is super nice.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!