Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Cranberry Overload

Mr. Winter dumped another 15cm of snow on us through the night! My hubby had to get the snow blower fired up at 7am to dig me out!! Here’s what my van looked like before he got out there…


Sorry it's a little dark. My camera must not have been too happy with the cold! I wasn’t too concerned about the noise from the blower at that hour because most of our neighbors are retired and up early. The one house that might complain better not do so because they had their blower fired up at 11pm last night! Tit for tat, right?! Besides, I had to get out so I could go to work.

I ate my breakfast at the computer today because I wanted to check out the website for my work to make sure the office was actually open. And yes, it was.

-1 cup water
-1/2 cup flax seed porridge
-cinnamon
-cranberry sauce


I made the caramel pecan sauce for the cheesecake last night. OMG...it was all I could do not to eat the whole batch with a spoon. It's freaking out of this world good! I'll post the recipe, but it's not mine. I got it from my co-worker, D, who got it from I don't know where!

Caramel Pecan Sauce

-1 1/2 sticks unslated butter
-3/4 cup brown sugar
-1/2 cup heavy cream
-1/4 tsp salt
-2 cup pecans

*Pre heat oven to 350*
*melt the butter and brown sugar together, stirring until combined
*add heavy cream and bring to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer until thickened, about 3 minutes
*set aside to cool
*spread pecans on a cookie sheet and bake for 8 minutes
*chop coarsley when cooled
*add pecan to caramel and refrigerate. Warm slightly before serving

This will keep in the fridge for up to 1 week.

Once I sat down last night I enjoyed a vanilla caramel truffle tea in my snowman mug!

Work was dead today. There were only 3 of us there. I did what I needed to do and hit the road at 12:30. Before I left, I ate a Z-Bar to tide me over until I git home because I had a few stops on the way.

When I got home I ate some Fage with cranberries. There’s only a spoonful left. This batch seemed to last me for-ever!

I also had chai tea with 2 homemade treats….a peanut butter cup and chocolate chip short bread cookie. This was consumed earlier in the morning while still at work.


Here's what I received from my co-worker for Christmas! She knows me so well!



Rachel Ray 365 No Repeats, bruschetta mix and a Starbuck's gift card! YEAH!

Here's a few more picture's of Pepper. I promise not to overload ya'll with kitty picture's! He's just too cute! He slept really well last night. We put him in his own room for now and he only cried for 10 minutes before passing out. I went to let him out at 6:30am and he was still asleep! What a good baby! :)



I had full intentions of hitting the treadmill when I got home, but by the time I walked through the door, I was beat! I made a big cup of tea, sat on the couch with a warm blanket and looked through my new cook book. I was so relaxed that I even caught a 20 minute cat nap. I must have needed it because I rarely nap throughout the day.

I finally got off the couch at dinner time. We had BBQ'd pork tenderloin, sweet potato pancakes and salad.

Such a good meal! I had a piece of my carrot cake baked oatmeal for my sweet end.

My parents are coming over a little later so I'm sure I'll be eating a few more nibbles here and there. For now though, I'm off to set the table for tomorrow, and get my stuffing started so it's ready to go when I need it!

I'll probably be posting tomorrow although I don't know when. Until then, I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas Eve and a magical Christmas Day! HAPPY HOLIDAYS, blog friends!!

Bye for now!!

5 comments:

  1. fabulous eats Krista! Overload of cranberries is so good for holiday season! it tastes delicious and looks amazing!
    Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  2. CARAMEL-PECAN SAUCE?!?!?!??! Krista, you rock. Hard.

    Fabulous cookbook!!

    PEPPER!! Such a sweetheart :-)

    MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OH MY GOODNESS THAT IS ONE CUTE KITTEN!!!! Sorry I missed the "we got a kitten" post... but MAN is he cute!!

    we got another boatload of snow too... I'm about done!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooooh, I have that cookbook - there is some good looking stuff in there. I always forget to pull it out though and make thins from it. If you make anything from it, let me know how it turns out - it's almost overwhelming to just pick one recipe and go for it.

    And your caramel pecan sauce sounds wonderful for your cheesecake.

    Have an awesome Christmas Krista!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the eats! and that kitty is adoraaable!! so so cute!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!