Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Snow & Rain...What Season is It?

Sometime during the night the snow Gods must’ve opened the snow gates because did I ever wake up to white stuff! And LOTS of it! Even the kids were amazed. It certainly looks like December and I don’t think we’re in any danger of a green Christmas in these parts this year!!

I gave my gingerbread oats another try this morning and think I got it just right this time!


Gingerbread Oats

-1 cup water
-1/2 McCann’s Irish oats (the quick cooking kind)
-1 tsp each ground ginger and cinnamon
-2 Tbsp molasses
-1 tsp agave
-red and green sprinkles (for decoration!)

*bring water, spices & molasses to a boil
*add oats and cook until liquid has absorbed
*once in your favorite bowl, drizzle with agave and top with sprinkles!


Easy and delectable! Pretty, too!

The Christmas Concert last night was a hit! I really liked the fact that they didn’t sing any traditional carols. Each song was super fun and up beat which I think is a great idea for the kids. They all had a really good time performing for a VERY large crowd! The church was packed by 6:45pm and Mom, my hubby and I actually ended up standing (with others, of course) because all the pews were full! In hindsight, standing actually gave us a much better view!

I was hungry a lot sooner than usual for some reason this morning so I ate a piece of gingerbread around 10:30 or so. Seemed to do the trick because I didn’t get to lunch until 1:45pm!


My run today was kinda blah. I really wasn’t feeling it and almost didn’t even go home to do it, but I preserved and got it done. The snow turned into rain and the roads were absolute mush. I can’t wait for the office gym to open back up!

On to lunch, I had leftover chicken stir fry and couscous from last night.


Bet you’re all very surprised to see that today, eh?! And a Ferraro Roche for dessert. I <3 style="margin: 0px auto 10px; display: block; text-align: center; cursor: pointer; width: 400px; height: 300px;" src="https://blogger.googleusercontent.com/img/b/R29vZ2xl/AVvXsEixUQSRjleZIa0TP8jx7vnObwaE5GZiNX5PGOSMXZoLv3AOm8sVAoZsubuA6jBvdm_672x2wQD-_qbkpLrcO6-KdstfP7g_boXcK9-dpoY0BMo89RR896yearlMyIZbrfZS70xZs_rsurA/s400/choco.JPG" alt="" id="BLOGGER_PHOTO_ID_5277896299376693410" border="0">I also snacked on some grapes and kiwi throughout the afternoon.


Nothing very exciting happened at work today. December is a busy month for us so I’ve been keeping pretty busy. Good thing, too! Nothing sucks more than being slow at work….the clock never seems to move on those days!

**UGLY PICTURE ALERT!!** I give you fair warning that my dinner looks absolutely horrid....but it was delish! I had this tuna....


with a side of baked acorn squash and kale chips.


It matter not what I did. There was no getting a nice shot of this meal! My sweet end was a chocolate chip All Bran bar. I'm off to watch videos with DD(I promised) and then I'm going to bake my peppermint BSI recipe to submit tomorrow. By then, Biggest Loser should be ready to start! Looks like my night is all planned out! I'm going to try to get some blog reading done somewhere in there, too. I haven't had much time for commenting, but I promise I'm reading them all!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. I'm confused by this crazy weather too, haha :-)

    GINGERBREAD OATS!!!!! Holy yum.

    Can't wait to see your BSI submission!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that bowl!! And the festive oats :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Pretty purple kale chips. I'm jealous.

    And those tuna steaks in a package seem weird...I see them on the shelf at the store, but can't bring myself to buy them.

    ReplyDelete
  4. gingerbread oats is amazing!!! Adding ginger to oatmeal is my new favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  5. i am still amazing by those oats - amazing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The gingerbread oats sound fantastic! I think I'll try those in the morning.

    It's been snowing here since oh, 10 a.m.... i'm about done.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your gingerbread looks so moist Krista! I am drooling over it ;)

    Glad the concert went well! The upbeat songs sound fun!

    Cannot wait to see your BSI

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love all the ginger in the post! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sounds like you are loving gingerbread as much as I am right now! I am going to try your gingerbread oats soon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Your gingerbread oats are gorgeous - and they look like they taste amazing! As does the gingerbread bread!

    ReplyDelete
  11. i seriously need to eat your oats. i mean, omg. omg omg omg. hahaha! you're a genius!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!