Monday, December 15, 2008

Too Much Chocolate!

I think Mother Nature is seriously confused! It was pouring buckets when I got up this morning! And Marianne says it’s snowing in Victoria, BC! That’s just backwards, although they can keep the snow out west as far as I’m concerned!! :)

I snuck a little treat into my oats this morning…it is Monday after all!! And be warned….I couldn’t decide which photos to use so you get them all!!



-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1 Tbsp Cinnamon Bun liquid Coffee Mate
-2 Tbsp trail mix




This was really dessert, and what better way to start the week than with a bowl of love? Hehe!!

I probably didn’t need a snack last night after the 3 squares that I ate at Mom’s, but I was getting a little hungry by 10pm (the squares were consumed around 6pm) and I’ve noticed the past few nights that I’ve been waking up around 2-3am starving. I decided on a scant ½ cup of whipped cottage cheese with a spoonful of cranberry sauce that I made at dinner time.


This did the trick because I did not wake up through the night! This time I made my cranberry sauce slightly different. I used 1 cup water, ½ cup brown sugar, and 1 tbsp cinnamon. I usually use granulated sugar and no cinnamon. This turned out really good….reminiscent of pie filling. Very seasonal!

My hubby bought a wicked big stash of TAZO tea over the weekend so I brought a bunch to work with me. I had this “calm” one at break time with these 3 Lindt chocolates. I should also mention that 2 poor little chocolates didn’t survive long enough to get their picture taken!


I had a good run today. I felt really strong and pushed myself more than I have been lately. I love days where I feel powerful and fierce! Makes all the tough days worth it!

Lunch today was the best! I made a ‘wich with a multi grain Arnold thin, whipped cottage cheese, Sabra hummus, butter lettuce and a slice of turkey deli meat.


On my way back from the office kitchen this afternoon, I came across these;


So, what’s my total chocolate intake for the day? 8 pieces!! YOWZERS!! I’d better get a grip because if I do this everyday for the next week, my pants are gonna get snug! On the bright side, I could have gone back for more each time and I did not. Baby steps, baby steps!! *SIGH* I do love my chocolate! I should also mention that one of the fellers in the office is a fabulous baker and he brought in homemade cherry and mincemeat tarts. I did not touch those! See….I do have some restraint! :~)

I did eat some grapes while driving to pick up the kids...


It was just me and my hubby for dinner tonight as the kids ate their supper at my parent’s house before DD’s dance lessons. We had chicken on which I spread some fig preserves and topped with a small amount of jalapeño jack cheese. On the side were 2 Dr. Praeger sweet potato pancakes.


I was right into the sweet & spiciness of the chicken! My taste buds were dancing with pleasure! I also really enjoyed the pancakes! I'd definitely buy them again! There were a snap to prepare, as well. Just toss them under the broiler for about 7-9 mins. Piece of cake!

I'm embarrassed to reveal that my sweet end was a chocolate bell. Yes, I have a VERY sheepish look on my face! What can I say, it was staring at me! :)

I'll be leaving in about 1/2 an hour to pick up DD. Not looking forward to that as the wind is just howling out there! Once we get home the 2 of us are going to package up her Christmas cookies for her class party and then I will be helping her study math. I get to re-learn all about angles, quadrilaterals and congruent things. I don't even know what the heck that stuff is myself! It never crossed my mind when they were babies that I'd have to do math all over again (shudder)! Math was my nemesis in school and I still tend to shy away from it. I will soldier on, though! :) Enjoy your evening!

Bye for now!!

8 comments:

  1. Haha, same here!! It was a blizzard yesterday, and then today there was just TONS of rain. Craziness.

    OOOH, love the "dessert-y" oats :-)

    Drive carefully to pick up DD in the horrid weather!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So that's where our rain went!

    It's seriously cold here. It's not even the normal wet snow we get, this is like prairie snow, blowing all over the place.

    Your dinner looks most excellent - love the combo of fig & cheese on your chicken. And good to hear those sweet potato pancakes are good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is NO SUCH THING as too much chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good luck with the math homework tonight! I am ok with the math stuff, I will be nervous when my kids bring home english/papers to write...yikes! The chocolate looks good ;) So does your dinner- what an interesting but yummy combo!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck studying! I love math :)

    How were the Dr. P's sweet potato pancakes?

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh. your flax porridge looks so yummy!!! I want to try them too! Why they don't sell it in US? At least they'll have one client here!

    I had chocolates today too.... they're so good. If it's not because of the high content of saturated fat, I'll have ton of them.

    The sweet potato pancake look delicious! I need to find these too!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the chocolates today...luckily none have showed up at my work, but i know they're coming on wednesday for our holiday party! yeep!

    love the dinner!

    and brave the wind getting DD! have fun w/ the math too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh your chocolates look AMAZING! I'm drooling on my laptop here. I have the disease where if I eat 1 I eat 20... I must keep them out of my house!!

    Math has always been my nemesis as well. YUCK! I think I would be embarassed if I had to help anyone with their math at this point. No, I am NOT smarter than a 5th grader! LOL

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!