Friday, December 26, 2008

Boxing Day Part One

Hello, all!

I apologize for yesterday's disjointed post! I started it in the afternoon thinking that I could finish it off later in the evening, but I was just too beat out to get it done!! So, I decided that I would do 2 posts today...one to recap last night and later on, one for today's business!

I mentioned yesterday that I had a plain yogurt with cranberry sauce after my run, but I never did post the photo! Here it is....

For my bridal shower (which was many moons ago!) I received this wonder set of dishes from a cousin of my Mom's. I only pull them out for Christmas, Easter and other special occasions because I am terrified of wrecking them! This is one of the dinner plates...

Isn't it gorgeous? It's a 4 place setting set and I just adore it! Here's our Christmas table almost ready to go! It's still missing the mashed potato, turkey and jello salad at this point. The picture is courtesy of DD.

Because my dish set is for 4, the kiddies got the every day stuff. Next up we have my Christmas dinner. I was so pleased that every thing turned out marvelous! No dry turkey at my house!

Starting at the top and moving clockwise, you will see stuffing, hubby's bread maker bread, turkey, mashed potatoes, veggies (I made roasted brussel sprouts and carrots) and a few olives. Next I had a generous scoop of my MIL's wicked good jello salad. I always save this for the end for 2 reason's. 1)I'm not a big fan of sweet stuff with my savory (unless it's "meant" to be this way) and 2)I always save what I enjoy the most for the end so that it's the last flavour in my mouth. I'm weird, I know! I even gave up eating most of my warm, buttered bread to save enough room for this treat!

It's a mixture of jello, cheese, crushed pineapple and cool whip. I'll dig the recipe up for tonight's post. It's so light and fresh that it goes down like air. *SIGH* Love it! :)

Dessert was fantabulous! I can't post the cheesecake recipe because I got it out of my Looney Spoons cookbook. It's an easy, light cheesecake that I've made many times. I've also put many a topping on it! If you've been reading along the past few days, you'll know that I made a Caramel Pecan sauce to go along with it. I also whipped up a 1/2 cup of heavy cream with a Tbsp of sugar for the finishing touch!

Isn't that a thing of beauty?! I ate all but the last 2 bites. I. Was. Just. Too. Full. My hubby called me a whimp, but I was truly ready to blow the button on my jeans!

How about I talk presents, now?! Everything I opened was on my list and I couldn't be more thrilled! Here's the low down...a digital food scale, a new hair dryer (mine was ancient!), a gray sweater from Old Navy, hat/scarf combo in the softest wool ever, a milk frother, fuzzy PJ's, 3, yes 3! Starbuck's gift cards! YEAH! a few gift cards for the mall, one from Chapter's (very similar to Barnes & Noble), a travel mug, a new work out outfit, a blender (mine blew up), a throw from DD and I'm sure I'm missing a few things, but I was properly spoiled, wouldn't you agree?!

Well, that about covers the rest of my stellar Christmas Day! I'll be back tonight with a recap of today's going on's!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Gorgeous table set-up! And your home made bread looks so fluffy and good :D!

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww that plate is adorable.
    the brussels sprouts look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mm that yogurt with cranberry sauce looks fantastic! I love your plates, too :o) I'm glad you had such a great holiday!

    ReplyDelete
  4. nice plates and eats! that cheesecake looks especially delicious :) (and a reason to wear jeans if you ask me!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That yogurt is a gorgeous color! The rest of the eats look so good... i'm drooling over here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous plates; SCRUMPTIOUS-looking caramel-pecan cheesecake; fabulous gifts!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. MMM bread made from home is the best! I can never hold myself back around it!

    Glad to hear you had such a GREAT Christmas :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. your plate is so cute!!! :D
    And the mixture of jello, cheese, crushed pineapple and cool whip looks so appetizing, recipe please!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love the plates and dinner set up! Everything looks great!!!

    and What a stash for christmas!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Happy belated Boxing Day! Yes, the plates are beautiful and the cheesecake looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!