Thursday, December 18, 2008

A "Normal" Post

WOW….last night was a whirlwind! By the time I picked up the kids and got home, it was pushing 5pm. I threw some chicken fingers and fries in the oven for the family and microwaved my lunch turned dinner. I also made a bit of a salad for some veggies! I was pass out starving while doing this due to my lack of lunch, so I ate ½ of this pumpkin spice Clif bar.


It was so very good! I was pleasantly surprised at the density of it! YUM! I’m going to save the other half to top my oats with one day next week. My supper was a Lean Cuisine Panini. One of my quick, easy favourites…..but usually for lunch! It did the trick, though! Here it is with a salad…


DD and I left the house at 6pm and didn’t get back until just after 9pm. YIKES!! Then DS informs me that his class party is today, not Friday, so I spent the next hour making up the treat bags. Each baggie got a cookie and some chocolates and I did them up real cute with curly ribbon and the whole bit! I sipped on this NF green tea latte while I worked.


After getting lunches ready and preparing my breakfast (I had to come into work early this morning) and catching up on some blog reading, I hit the sack…and could not fall asleep for the life of me! It was almost 1am before I was in dreamland! Needless to say, I was exhausted this morning and didn’t feel particularly well.

Once I got to work, I nuked my breakfast….eggnog oats….



While they tasted swell, I was just not into them. A good sign that I’m not myself!! I ate them all up because I do not want a repeat of yesterday’s eating fiasco.

The morning went by very quick because we are SO busy trying to get payrolls out 2 days early than normal. Our pay date falls on Boxing Day and the banks are closed that day so we have to have the deposits done for the 24th. Oh, the joy! I sipped on an Organic Chai Tazo while working away!


I also enjoyed this little “mouse” that a co-worker made.


He’s a cherry! Cute, eh?!

I perked up quite a bit by lunch so even though I was taking a shorter then usual lunch I decided to go home and make the best of a short run. I was on the treadmill for a whole 17 minutes. J I did 1.65 miles in that time. Some might say it was hardly worth it, but I look at it as a short workout is better than no workout…yes?!

Lunch was another awesome sandwich….and a repeat, to boot!


An Arnold Thin, whipped cottage cheese, Sabra hummus, deli turkey meat and shredded carrots. Words can not describe how good this sandwich really was. **SIGH** I also had a yogurt with a spoonful of Cinnamon Plum Tea jam….


For supper tonight I made these chicken sausages that I picked up at Wegman's last weekend.


I made some WW couscous and steamed veggies as accompaniments. These sausage were very flavorful. yet heavy on the garlic. We are a garlic loving family, though, so there's no issue there!! I'd buy them again for sure!


I had something for my sweet end that I thought I'd seen the end of way back in the early part of summer.


These are little cheesecake cup produced by a company called "waist watching". They're only 70 calories each and come in all different flavours. Tonight, I had a cherry one. They're a little on the pricey side....$1.89 CDN...but as a once in a while treat, why not?!



I plan to bake some shortbread tonight and wrap a few more presents. Nice and relaxing....finally! I'll leave you with a picture I took of a Christmas card that I received at work today. I think the person who gave it to me knows me very well, don't you? Hehe!!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. I love that that little cheesecake thing is in French!! Well, that and the fact that its CHEESECAKE!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmmm...cheesecake. And those sausages sound right up my alley - I love garlic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are Super Mom! Your past day made me tired just reading about it :)

    Cheesecake yummmmm!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great night; great eats; cute "mouse"; hooray for baking later!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with k- you are a super mom! I know I did that to my mom allllll the time when I was younger- sprung things on her last minute ;). That mouse is super cute! I hope you have a relaxing weekend planned!

    ReplyDelete
  6. danggggg...you're one busy lady!

    i like the mouse! super cute!

    have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that little mouse is soo cute!!!

    your dinner looks delicious!!! And that low-fat cheesecake looks amazing!!! I wish we had it here!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mm...that little cheesecake is calling my name! As is that little mouse - I love cherries! That is such a creative way to present them :o)

    I hope that you had a pleasant evening and were able to relax a little bit!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!