Thursday, December 25, 2008

Merry Christmas 2008!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYONE!!

I hope that everybody had a fantastic day! I know I sure did! Because I realize that today is a very busy day, I decided to make this post picture heavy and text light.I'm hoping this will make it easier to read through on this hectic day! Here we go!! :)

Starting off with the end of Christmas Eve....Santa always get Turtles and beer and carrots for the reindeer at our house. We figure that he's had enough cookies and milk by the time he gets to our place! :)


Every year Santa manages to leave a piece of his beard(AKA cotton ball) on the plate! The kids are always just thrilled by this!

Here's DS with his Santa present...Guelph Storm Hockey Camp...Santa brought him a team t-shirt and a letter explaining his gift to him.

DD with her much wanted Nintendo DS and fashion game....

By 7:30 the fun was over and I was hungry! I made a bowl of oat bran with a tbsp of cinnamon bun coffee mate and a sprinkle of cinnamon sprinkles.


We had the kids showered and were out the door by 9:30 to do presents and brunch at my parents house. Here's DS with my Mom...

And DD with my sister...

It's a Christmas tradition at my parents to have eggs, toast and fried homemade salami for brunch. My Dad makes his own salami, but it's not cured by Christmas, hence the frying. Well, in most recent years, Mom has taken to cooking it in the oven to try to healthy it up a bit! When cooked, it's deliciously salty and tastes wonderful with a hunk of bread! Here's my plate...

I also shared a Honey Crisp apple with Mom and my sis. Sorry, no pic!

When we got home, I put my turkey in the oven and hopped on the treadmill for a 5.5 mile run. Lovely to know I burned almost 500 calories before a big festive dinner! It makes me feel like I have a little leeway when dessert comes around!

After my run and a nice hot shower, I ate about a third cup of plain yogurt with the last of the cranberry sauce. I didn't want to be ravenous by dinner time! I put the finishing touches on the table and peeled the potatoes for the mashed taters, cleaned and halved the brussel sprouts and put the dessert out to come to room temperature.

Fast forward 7 hrs and here I am! Dinner was a success! My in laws came over and we all ate until our bellies were busting! It's almost 10:30 here and too late to post any dinner details so I'll leave all that for tomorrows post! Catch ya later!!

Bye for now!!

5 comments:

  1. Merry Christmas Krista! Grad you guys are having such a nice day

    ReplyDelete
  2. Merry Christmas! Looks like you had a wonderful day with your family!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. FAAABULOUS Christmas for ya, Krista!! Wonderful!! Hope that you now have a wonderful Friday as well :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your family is beautiful!! Looks like you had a fab day!

    OH and if DD wants a new Nintendo DS game, may I suggest Animal Crossing?? It's my absolute FAVORITE one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sounds like you and your family had a fantastic Christmas!! Happy Holidays :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!