Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Work Overload!

I wanted to take a moment first thing to thank everyone for their heart felt comments on my post yesterday! Time heals, but the wound will always remain. So I really appreciate the well wishes! THANKS!!

I was a little disappointed with my oats today. I was trying to replicate Tim Horton’s Candy Cane hot chocolate, but it didn’t quite fit the bill. It was still really good, but you know how it is when you’re expecting a certain taste and it not there, right?!


-1 cup water
-1/2 cup flax seed porridge
-1 envelope diet Swiss Miss
-1 tsp peppermint extract


Like I said, good, but not great! I was searching for a stray candy cane on the tree, too, for a garnish but they seem to have all disappeared! Darn kids! :)

After posting last night, I did all the (unlocked) yoga moves on my Wii Fit. That’s 8 positions. I think I had about 15ish credits which I believe translates into minutes. Either way, I was nice and stretched out just in time to watch The Biggest Loser. Now would be a good time to do a….

*BAKING REVIEW!* As I mentioned last night, I baked up some gingerbread which was still too hot to taste when I posted. I broke out (well, cut) a piece to sample while watching the Biggest Loser. YUM-O!! Just as good as I remember. The molasses really shines through in this recipe. Here are some photos!

Fresh out of the oven:


Naked:


All dressed up with a dollop of strained yogurt and cinnamon sugar:


The morning whizzed by at lightening speed and before I knew it, it was noon! Yeah! Half way through the day at this point and Wednesday just so happens to be “Wii Wednesday”!!! I did all the strength moves available to me. These include the following;

-single leg extensions x 10 reps each side
-push ups & side planks x 10 reps
-torso twist x 6 reps each side
-jack knife x 20 reps
-lunges x 15 reps each side
-rowing squat x 30 (according to my Wii “trainer”, I’m not strong enough for this yet!)
-single leg twist x 20 reps each side
-sideways leg lifts x 10 reps each side
-plank 60 seconds
-tricep extension x 10 reps each side
-arm & leg lift x 10 reps each side

My legs were pretty shaky on the way back to work! PHEW! Lunch was leftover stir fry from Monday night. I rolled some of it into a kid size flatout wrap.


Even better the second time around! I also ate some grapes around 3:30pm.


Work was SO hectic today! I stayed an extra ½ hour AND some work came home with me! ARGH! Actually, I can’t complain because we can bank our OT at time and a half and use it as time off at a later date.

Because I have work to do tonight, we had breakfast for dinner! My hubby had a headache and wasn't too hungry and the kids LOVE eggs so this meal suited every one's appetite! I had a 1/3 cup of egg beaters with some jalapeno Havarti tucked inside, a small piece of turkey bacon and salad.



See the cheese poking out there on the left? Mmmm! I ended up eating another serving of salad about as big as what you see here. I used a Wishbone Bountiful salad dressing.



I really enjoy this line of dressing. They're almost thick enough to be a salsa!

Well, I must be off to get my work done. I want it to be complete before SYTYCD Canada starts at 8pm. Can't miss that show!! Enjoy your Wednesday evening!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Sorry about the oats :-( But hooray for gingerbread & grapes!! :-)

    GOod luck with your work!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lovely post yesterday. thank you for sharing with us. :)

    gingerbread looks delicious!

    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  3. owwwwww I love Gingerbread! I haven't had it in forever! Yours looks beautiful! Especially with those toppings!

    Thanks for posting your workout! I always love to see what other people are doing!

    Breakfast for dinner is my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those Wii Fit exercises can be KILLER!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just wondering if you've ever tried Astro Balkan yogurt. I just tried my first one and it is very thick and quite tasty. I've read on the eatclean diet forum that it is very similar to Greek yogurt. Maybe you could give it a try. I got mine at Loblaws and I've seen it at the Walmart Supercentre as well.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Glad your baking turned out so well!! I love your star plate too :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I know what you mean when you expect something to be great and it turns out to be just good!

    good workout with Wii! it seems pretty fun, isn't it? How many workouts do you have?

    oh.....pretty ginger bread!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That gingerbread sure looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. yummy gingerbread!!!! i need to make some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That gingerbread looks amazing! Ok, this is me testing to see if my comment will post...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ah it finally worked!! Well now you'll just be hearing from me all the time ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  12. your post about Braeden touched my heart! stay strong! i know you are an excellent mummy to your kids!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!