Tuesday, December 16, 2008

An Oddball Post

Let me just stat out by saying that I cut my chocolate intake in half today! All the same chocolates were staring at me again today and I only had 4. Much better than yesterday’s 9!!

After dragging my behind a bit this morning, I made a fabulous bowl of love…


-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-1/4 cup cranberry sauce
-pumpkin granola

I’ve decided that I like to keep the granola on top instead of mixing it in. It doesn’t get lost this way! DD commented this morning that for as long as she can remember, I’ve eaten oatmeal for breakfast. I do break it up every now and again, but I really feel like I get the best start to the day with oats. And it’s one breakfast that holds me over well.

My snack last night consisted of a toast 100 cal English muffin with almond butter and Cinnamon Plum Tea jam. Here’s the jam. I bought it at Panera and it is divine!


All together….


My morning tea….


I had a great, challenging run today. I really want to start pushing myself a little harder with the holiday (eating) season just around the corner. I feel like I’ve been slacking a bit lately. I have a HRM on my Christmas wish list, but if Santa doesn’t bring it, I’ll be buying one for myself. I think that being able to see my stats will be a big motivator. My treadmill at home doesn’t have any bells and whistles so I know the info it throws out isn’t accurate. Anyways, here’s what I did;

0:00-1:00-4.0mph
1:00-2:00-4.5mph
2:00-7:00-5.7mph
7:00-9:00-7mph
9:00-12:00-5.7mph

Repeat 7:00 to 12:00 speeds 3 times

32:00-33:00-4.5mph
33:00-34:00-4.3mph
34:00-35:00-4.1mph

According to my treadmill, I did 3.45 miles and 584 calories. I’m sure the calorie burn is way high, so I figure about half that.

Lunch was a microwavable bowl of Progresso Veggie & Noodle soup.


With some pumpkin seed Ryvita broken up on top….



Now for the whole “odd ball post” thing! Straight after work us payroll gals are driving out to our boss’ (I mean, co-worker….she hates to be called boss so I’ll call her “D”) house for our annual Christmas dinner. D is an out of this world cook and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE going to her house for dinner! I look for to this Christmas dinner every year! Because I won’t be home until much later than usual, I’m going to end this post here and update everyone tomorrow on dinner as well as the rest of the day. I hope everyone enjoys whatever it is you’re up to tonight and I’ll catch up with you all tomorrow!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. Oh my - I wonder if they have that jam at my panera!? It sounds amazing!!

    Have a blast tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw- have so much fun at the dinner party tonight! That sounds like a really great mid week treat! All your eats look so good! Your oatmeal always looks gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your dinner out Krista! Can't go wrong with a great homemade meal, especially when you don't have to make it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. good workout and good chocolate intake cut!
    hope you enjoy your dinner!~ :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have a blast tonight and eat some yummy food for us :) That jam does look divine! We might have to make a trip to Panera (not that I ever need a reason to go there)!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha!! Enjoy the chocolate :-)

    Oooh, that jam is so enticing!!

    Have a lovely Christmas dinner!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Have fun tonight!!! I love Christmas parties with good, home cooked food :)
    And the Panera jam looks divine...I am becoming a jam/spread addict!! It is so MUCH better than the sugar free versions I have LIVED off of for so many years...yuck!
    Have a great time tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That jam looks so good! I'll have to check for it...

    Have a blast tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I definitely need to try that jam!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Krista - That Jam looks amazing!!! Yum

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!