Thursday, December 4, 2008

Packing, Hair Cuts & Interviews

I woke up to a wet morning today! It was pouring rain when I went to bed last night and most of the snow was washed away! We had to do some puddle hopping out to the van!

I had a bit of raspberry mocha happening in my breakfast today! Check it out!!


-1 cup water
-1/3 cup oat bran
-Splenda mocha sweetener for coffee
-1/2 cup frozen raspberries
-cinnamon sprinkles


I didn’t realize how much I missed having fruit (other than bananas) in my oats! YUM! Here's a shot of the Splenda that I used...


I ended up doing 2 hours of work at home last night. Not my idea of fun, but I did what I needed to before SYTYCD Canada was on! I made a chocolate chai tea in the humongous cup that I got from one of the kids fund raisers.


I used a pen here to try to show you how massive this mug is. It holds almost 3 cups!


Work was very hectic today. We are in the midst of moving to our new space, but still have work that needs to be done. It was VERY hard to concentrate while people were packing and chatting all around me. I keypunched until noon before I gave up and went home for my run. The afternoon was dedicated to packing the last few things and marking all our desk components with our names so that they’re placed in the right space for Monday morning! What a mess! I did eat this little morsel of goodness....a chocolate covered macadamia nut.


On to my run….IT. WAS. AWESOME! After a stressful morning, it felt amazing to run off all that nervous energy. I cranked up the speed, blasted Much Music and off I went for my 3.25 miles. Exhilarating!

Lunch today was a Lean Cuisine Panini. I’ve raved about these babies on the blog before, so I’ll spare you the rant! I’ll just leave at….YUM!!!!!! I actually left it open faced today to prolong the goodness!


I also ate a container of strained yogurt with apricot preserves. Oh, so CREAMY!!


Dinner had to be on the fly again tonight because the kiddies and I had hair appointments at 5pm (I work until 4) and then we had parent teacher interviews at 6:30. I decided to make an old favorite that I haven’t had in AGES! Maybe not since I was preggers with DS which is pert near 7 years ago.

Slimmed Down Monte Cristo

-1 100 calorie English muffin
-1/4 cup egg beaters
-S & P
-1 slice of mortadella
-laughing cow cheese wedge
-1 TBSP fig preserves

*sprinkle salt & pepper into egg beaters and dunk English muffin into the mixture
*bake until golden brown
*remove from pan and spread with cheese, fig preserves and top with mortadella
*place back into pan and cook over low heat until everything becomes “gooey” (in a good way!)
*ENJOY!


The picture does not do this beauty justice! I was in a huge rush to eat and get out the door and didn't have time to show case it properly. It was super duper good and I think would also make a wicked breakfast! My sweet end was a few of these little favorites of mine...


I split the pack with the kids and we ended up with 6 each. Perfect! The kids love going to the salon for hair cuts. The girls there are SO nice and we all really enjoy their company! I've known my hair dresser for years and she is the sweetest, kindest person I know. And, she's one terrific hairstylist! Here are some photos of my kids being dorks. These were both taken pre-cut;



Goofy children! :)

After we were made bootiful, we were off to parent teacher interview night which also includes a book fair. I ate some grapes on the drive over, but it was dark, so no pic. We got caught up with the teachers on how the kids were doing and where some improvement was needed, browsed and bought a few books and came home. Finally! Once I'm done catching up on my blog reading, I'm gonna watch me some CSI.

Bye for now!!

8 comments:

  1. Lots of rain here too - blah!!

    Loooove that big-ass mug!!

    Haha, your kids are so cute :-D


    Enjoy your evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. your kids are adorable!

    I always eat those lean cuisine paninis open faced... they seem to last so much longer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Work sounds totally hectic! I am sorry you had to work more when you got home...that is never ever fun.

    Cadbury eggs for Christmas? How fun!

    Your kids are so adorable! Yayy for hair cuts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Raspberry mocha oats may be the best version I've heard so far!

    I'm a big fan of oversized mugs :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm intrigued by the mocha flavor splenda. Does it really taste life mocha or it just add sweetness?

    I miss raspberries in my oats!!!!! Need to get some soon!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great Monte Cristo! Love the kid pics!

    ReplyDelete
  7. you're kids are too cute!

    i love the oats! so pretty

    ReplyDelete
  8. Mini eggs! I love mini eggs! We would always take them on skating competition trips. I can probably down a whole "family sized" bag if need be (not that I feel well afterwards).

    Your "monte cristo" looks tasty too - might have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!