Sunday, December 14, 2008

Just Taking it Easy

It was nice to linger in bed awhile this morning! Lately it seems like I'm up and outta bed like a shot for something or other! I was excited to start the day, though, because I knew I would be digging into some new eats!! Nothing like food to get my butt in gear!! :) I started out with my Old Wessex.



-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-cinnamon
-small handful pumpkin granola



I <3 style="font-weight: bold;">SO missed the hardiness of this stuff! I bought 3 tins yesterday because I don't know when I'll get back to Buffalo. I don't have a passport and I'll be needing one of those to cross the border as of Jan 1, 2009. The fella at the border gave me some information on a card that I can get which would include free passes for the kids. I'll be looking into that later on.

We spent part of the morning out at the farm. My MIL was kind enough to let me hang on to the Jillian Michaels boot camp game for a few more week! YEAH! Check out this picture of some of her miniature horses!



DS was on the ice for his game at 11:30. He's so fun to watch! I can let you all in on his Santa present now because he got in! We signed him up for the Guelph Storm Hockey Camp (our city's OHL team) which runs Dec 29 & 31. The package includes 4 hours of ice time with the Storm coach, assistant coach and 5 of the players, a practice jersey, a tour of the Storm change room, picture's and autographs with the team and 2 tickets to the Jan 11 game. he is going to FREAK out! He idolizes the Storm and LOVES going to the games! I'm uber excited about it!!

I was eager to get home for lunch because I had something in mind to since I woke up!



This here is a multi grain Arnold thin with whipped cottage cheese on one side, Sabra hummus on the other and a 1/3 cup of eggbeaters in between! It was just as good as I imagined it would be!! Next up was a z-bar!




Let's just say that I can totally understand why Caitlin is addicted to these. Oh, my!! Too bad I only bought one box....DUH for me!

Immediately after lunch DD and I hit the grocery store for some much needed items. I really debated not going but knew I'd be kicking myself in the ass through the week if I didn't. We also had to make a pit stop at Zellers (very similar to Target) for DD's secret Santa gift which is due at the school tomorrow. While there I also picked up some Christmas stuff because all of it was at least 30% off! Can't go wrong there!!

Once we got home and everything was put away, I hit up my Wii Fit for 30 minutes of yoga to stretch. My back was pretty stiff from all the driving yesterday and this loosened me right up!

The fam had chicken Alfredo for supper tonight. I've never been a fan of that dish so I had a Kashi dinner with a good cup of steamed veggies underneath.




After dinner we went to my parents place for a bit. Mom's been doing some baking and put out some squares....candy cane brownie's and pumpkin squares.

I had 1 brownie and 2 pumpkin squares. Mmmm!!



Well, it;s time for me to switch gears now! I'm going to go from blog publisher to blog reader. I have lots of catching up to do!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. i'm so jealous of all your loot from the States! The closest area for me is North Dakota and although I find some of the eats that I read about on the blogs, there is still so much more I can't wait to try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Relaxing = a simple pleasure in life.

    Miniature horses = TOO CUTE!!

    Brownies & pumpkin squares = holy yum to the EXTREME.


    Have a lovely evening, Krista!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. gah! those mini horses are sooooo cute!

    nice sweets! i would have totally eaten ALL of those! hahahah!

    ReplyDelete
  4. doesn't it feel good to relax sometimes? :) those pumpkin squares look incredibly tasty!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Brilliant idea on your lunch! Sounds fantastic :)

    Gorgeous plate of desserts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. That christmas gift sounds awesome! I bet he will keep that jersey forever! Brownies look yummy too! I haven't had a brownie in ages! Get some rest tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great eats Krista!!!! That sandwich looks fabulous and your dinner so delicious!!!!! A perfect day of great eats!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zbars are delicious! Glad you got a box.

    The pumpkin bars look wonderful! Everything looks wonderful. Looks like a great day. :D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those horses are just adorable! I am also extremely jealous of the snow on the ground. humpf!

    As always, your food looked so yummy and healthy .... but those baked goods just take the cake. YUMMINESS!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!