Sunday, December 7, 2008

Finale's x 2!

I was awakened earlier than planned this morning by the boys getting ready for hockey. I took the opportunity to cuddle under the blankets for a half hour of quiet before I got up to start the day. I didn’t end up doing any of my work last night. Once I sat down I was completely beat out! So, that was on my morning to do list! First I had my oats. I was feeling like a “plain” bowl today so here’s what I had;



-1 cup water
-½ cup Flax Seed Porridge
-cinnamon
-2 tsp almond butter



This simple bowl hit the spot and was just what my belly wanted! Next up, I prepared dinner so that if we got tied up this afternoon it would be ready. Then I spent 1.5 hrs working before I had to hit the shower and get ready for my hubby’s company Christmas party for the kids. While working, I sipped on this Chai tea that my hubby brought home for me...



My snack of choice last night was this Honest Foods Apple Ginger Spice bar. YUM-O!!



I knew that there was just going to be (crappy) pizza and chips to eat and I wasn’t very hungry so I packed an apple and a chocolate hazelnut jocolat Lara Bar.



This flavour was just OK to me. I didn’t feel that it had a powerful taste to it at all….it was kind of bland. The one thing I did enjoy was the texture. It was sort of dry and crumbly. I could see using this as a topping for my oats rather than as a “full” bar. The party itself was great for the kids. It was at a place called Fun Works so you can imagine what was inside. Or, you could click on the link! My kids had a blast and when we left, they were good and tired out!

Once home, I sat down to work again. I did get it all done so I’m where I should be for tomorrow. I just hope that they were kidding when they said on Thursday that they weren’t sure if the hydro would be up and running by 8am tomorrow morning….EEEKKK!!! Our deadline to transfer to the bank is 8pm Wednesday night. Period. It’s going to be a few stressful days!! I nibbled on some asparagus spears and a scoop of Sabra hummus while I worked.



Moving along to supper…I prepared my Polenta Shepard’s’ Pie this morning so all we had to do was heat it up. Quick and easy and was I sure glad I had the foresight to make it ahead of time!




My sweet end was a piece of gingerbread. It was a little on the stale side, but that didn't stop me from eating it! It actually took on a pleasant "chewy" texture!



Well, I feel myself starting to fizzle out so I'm going to make a big mug o' tea and settle in to watch TWO finale's tonight...The Amazing Race at 8 and then SYTYCD Canada at 9! Should be some good TV!

Bye for now!!

14 comments:

  1. Ahhh!!! So much excitement on television tonight, for sure :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making dinner ahead of time on busy days- it makes everything sooo much easier/better! Christmas party sounds great- its nice that they put something on for the kids! Dinner also looks good/creative! Nice work!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That shepherds pie looks gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Having dinner prepared in advance is SUCH a nice thing to come home to!

    Enjoy your shows tonight :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Where did you happen to find Honest Foods? I can't seem to find them in stores in Canada!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The shephard pie looks so delicious as well as your oatmeal. (I'm wondering how much water do you put? because yours looks so chewy and lately I'm getting soupy oats) oh... and i tried adding ginger powder today and it's great!!!! Thanks for inspiring me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The polenta shepard's pie looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. glad you liked that honest foods bar! that one was my fav besides the pb one! and the polenta shepards pie looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Polenta shepard's pie? Yummy! I want some!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that "plain" bowl of oats looks amazingly creamy - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  11. mm i love jocalat bars!!!
    everyone in the blog world seems to be eating shepard's pie-- i need to jump on that!
    have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon...I was sent some Honest Foods bars to sample from another blogger....I can't find them here, either!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oooooh, I like your leaf dish!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi! Just wanted to say thanks for your comment on my blog and I'm excited to see what you come up with for the BSI!

    P.S. Your oatmeal bowl is such a cool shape - it's like a football!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!