Thursday, December 11, 2008

Vitasoy....Vita-delicious!

I was up bright and early today because DD had a 7:30am doctor’s appointment. I always reprimand myself for scheduling such early appointments as I struggle out of bed in the morning, but by mid morning I give myself a pat on the back for getting it done and out of the way so early! Shish, I can be hard on myself sometimes!

My breakfast today was FABULOUS!! And very Christmas-esque! (yes, this is my new made up word!)


-2/3 cup Vitasoy Hollynog
-1/3 Flax Seed Porridge
-2 Tbsp trail mix


Heaven in a bowl. OMG. The colour of the dried fruit and pumpkin seeds paired up with the noggy flavour was Christmas time in my mouth. YUM-A-LICIOUS!!!!! And just in case you missed it in yesterday’s post, here’s photo of the 2 holiday flavours I found last night!

I had a bit of a snacking binge last night…none of which was captured on film! It started innocently enough with a 1/3 cup pumpkin granola and unsweetened almond breeze, next up was a gingerbread square and finally, a Tbsp of cinnamon raisin PB right out of the jar. As I considered the reasons for it after I was done cowing out, I realized that I didn’t have any protein yesterday! YIKES…no wonder I was starving! Oh, well…it’s over now!

I popped into 7-11 on my way to work this morning and picked up a large ½ pumpkin spice latte, ½ decaf to get me through the morning;


Oh, my, was this ever good! That little cookie there is a shortbread that my co-worked baked. I'm actually surprised it made it into the picture! :)

We’ve been having a hard time figuring out what to get DS for his Santa gift this year, but I think I came up with the perfect solution today! I don’t want to let the cat out of the bag yet, because it involves him being “accepted” into something and I don’t want to jinx the idea! Needless to say, I was jazzed right up on my way home for my run, so I knew it would be a good session! My energy level was soaring and it felt marvelous to expend it on a nice, sweaty run! Good thing I’m at home to get “fresh” again before coming back to work!!

My lunch consisted of this Progresso soup, which I love!


I broke up 2 Ryvita crackers and sprinkled them in a little at a time (soggy crackers=bletch!).


After this came a yogurt. I mixed plain FF BioBest with a tbsp of pumpkin butter. My belly was happy after this lunch!


Because we just moved into a new area at work, they’ve been testing alarms on and off all day. Well, one this afternoon lasted 10 minutes. No lies. It was loud and there were lights flashing and we all just wanted to rip our hair out! Kinda funny thinking about it now, though! :)

Dinner tonight was a grilled tilapia fillet, sweet potato wedges and salata!
For the sweet potato wedges, I just quartered them and tossed them in the microwave for 5 minutes. Voila! Easy, peasy!




I made a dish for the family that my hubby and I used to eat at least once a week years ago....like pre-marriage, pre-kids. I don't think I've made it in 10 or so years and while thinking of what to do with pork chops for dinner it dawned on me that the kiddies would probably like it, too! I decided to call it.....

Retro Pork Chops

-4 pork chops (bone in or out)
-pirogies (however many you like)
-1 cup mixed veggies (frozen or canned)
-1 can any Campbell's cream of soup (I used broccoli tonight)

*brown pork chops in a bit of olive oil
*add pirogies and cook until starting to brown
*add veggies and cook, covered, for about 5 minutes
*stir in can of soup and 1/2 can of water
*cover and cook 10 minutes, stirring occasionally
*it's ready to go once the soup thickened up



Now, this isn't something that I would enjoy myself anymore. It actually gave me the heeby jeebies cooking it, but my hubby still loved it and the kids thought it was pretty great, too! I guess that makes it a winner!

Tonight I'm going to try my hand at another BSI recipe. Keep your fingers crossed for me! After that I have to call Mom and sort out the logistics for the Christmas holiday's and then I want to watch CSI...Grissom quits tonight!!! :( All this while doing a few (hundred) loads of laundry! Have a fantastic evening!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Kudos for going to such an early appointment for DD!! Hope all is well with her.

    Gotta love festive beverages!! And shortbread cookies :-)

    Hope to see another BSI attempt from ya; and enjoy the t.v. tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to hear what the Santa surprise is :)

    Christmas in your mouth sounds like a great way to kick off the morning!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for answering yesterday! There's no Metro here, but I'll try it when I go home for the holidays in Montreal! Can't wait to try it with oatmeal! Haha!!

    Cheers!
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOL AT RETRO PORK CHOPS!!! Thats how I felt when I made that carbonara... very retro :)

    What is BioBest?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love HollyNog in my oats! Love your retro pork chops.

    ReplyDelete
  6. great eats Krista! specially your morning oatmeal. What brand is that flax porridge?

    I think lack of proteins can cause serious hunger! So, I try to have enough of it!

    And good luck with you BSI recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. good luck with the laundry and bsi!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hhahaha- I do the same thing- get angry that I planned something so early in the morning and am then thrilled that its done! I need to try those nogs! Your eats look great! Hope you got some time tonight to relax!

    ReplyDelete
  9. ohhhh...shortbread is the best!

    good luck w/ the bsi! can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  10. 7:30? Ick, I didn't even know doctors made appointments that early haha. Getting boring things like that over and done with right away is such a good feeling though so it's worth the early rise. Well, usually anyway haha

    I saw those soy drinks at the grocery store for the first time yesterday! I'm dumb and didn't buy any but I think I might have to next grocery shop because they look so good! And the nutritional stats are pretty darn good too! Can't beat that.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!