Wednesday, December 17, 2008

I'm Doing it Again!

I’m going to start out with last night’s dinner party as it really is the highlight of this post! The theme for dinner was Japanese, which I LOVE so I was uber excited! We started out with some “sushi” made with smoked salmon and goat cheese.


I’m pretty sure I ate 6 of these babies! Next up was miso soup….


Perfect for a cold winter night! I loved it, but left a bit in the bowl because soup tends to fill me up way fast! After this we had a delicious pork stir fry with bok choy , mushrooms and noodles.

The flavour of this dish was nice and light and the pork was fork tender. YUMMY! Again, I left some of the bok choy to save room for DESSERT! D made pumpkin cheesecake with a praline topping and real whipped cream.

OMG! This was the best thing my taste buds have experienced in a VERY long time! I only got through ¾ of this piece and it wasn’t for a lack of trying. I really wanted to eat it all, but I was stuffed!

We also sipped on coffee with Bailey’s and more whipped cream.


What an unbelievable meal!! We had a wonderful time chatting and laughing. It’s so nice to get together out of a working environment!!

Moving along to breakfast, which was delish, by the way……I have no photos!! I forgot my camera in the van last night and it was SO cold that I figured I’d better let it warm up before I used it. My oats had a twist this morning, though! One of my co-workers brought me a ½ decaf, ½ hot chocolate from Tim Horton’s yesterday and I didn’t get around to drinking it. I put it in the fridge when I got home last night and used it as the liquid for my breakie! OMG! Too good, and I killed 2 birds with one stone….coffee and breakfast all in one!!

Mid morning I drank this China Green Tips TAZO tea and ate one chocolate from sweetheart co-worker! He brought the payroll girls each a box!



It was the first time I’ve tried the dark chocolate Ferraro Rochers and they are my new fave! The fella that brought them in is close to retirement and is always so appreciative of the work that we do! Very thoughtful man!

Today was Wii Wednesday and my legs were glad for it! They were tired after yesterday’s speed workout! I pretty much covered all the strength moves again. That system has been worth its weight in gold, I tell you! I just love having the option to use that for strength and yoga, especially seeing as I don’t belong to a gym!

When I got back to work after lunch, I had to go straight to reception to cover the phones for a ½ hour. On my way I made another gigantic cup of tea and keeping with the “treats are everywhere” theme, I paired it with some peanut brittle that was sitting up there.


I wasn’t very hungry for lunch today. Probably because I ate too much junk again this morning! I inhaled 3 cookies and one chocolate besides the Ferraro Rochers and peanut brittle. I ended up eating my yogurt and apple around 3pm.



Not a healthy way to do things, but I really am doing better with all the treats around the office compared to other years. I’m eager for the weekend so that this STUFF isn’t in my face every corner I turn!

I’m going to pull another funky post on everybody! I have to work late tonight and then DD and I have a 6:30 to 7:30pm meeting at the U of Guelph for the study we’re participating in. After that it’s to the mall for a few more presents. I will also be taking work home with me so when the girl and I get back, I will be diving right into that. In other words, I’ll have no time to post dinner before bedtime!! How’s that for a pity party?? Hopefully things will settle down sooner rather than later, but until then, I have to work with what I’ve got!! Hope y’all understand!! Enjoy you evening and if any of you are just chilling out on the couch tonight, send some relaxation waves my way!! J

Bye for now!!

6 comments:

  1. LOVELY dinner event!! And wowza, that pumpkin cheesecake - holy freaking yum.

    Good luck working late!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish I had been at your dinner last night - Japanese is my favourite! I could totally go for some miso soup right now, seeing as it's o cold here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That dinner looks great- your boss, "coworker", rocks! pumpkin cheesecake mmmmmmmmmm! Hope you have another great night!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Pumpkin cheesecake?! I'm drooling over here! Your boss sounds amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. fabulous japanese meal!!!! especially that pumpkin cheesecake....I want to try it!

    And you're doing great with treats! I can imagine how many temptations there are everywhere in this holiday season! ^_^

    good work tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh why, why must you always post these yummy pics when I haven't eaten?!?! That cheesecake is calling me. I didn't even know about those Rochers (and I'm pretty sure I didn't need to know)! LOL Oh my!
    It's great to read you are having such a blast this holiday :) ENJOY!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!