Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Computer Issues

Sorry I didn’t post last night! Our computer is having some issues! First, it wouldn’t allow me to download my pictures. I decided to leave that alone and start on the actual post and the keyboard was dead…..ugh! Anyways, my hubby is working on it today. I’m hoping it’ll be an easy fix!

I’ll do a short recap of yesterday before I get on to today. I should also mention that the computer ate some of my photos last night, too! Bugger! The day started off early because DS had his first day of the hockey camp that “Santa” brought for him! That started at 8am. I slept until the last possible minute then had no time to make my oats! Luckily, I had one last bowl of Kozy Shack porridge in my fridge.


This held me over until 12:30! AMAZING!!! I also had a café latte with a shot of pumpkin spice syrup from Choco Latte while at the rink.

DS had a BLAST on the ice. One of his buddies from school was there, too so that was an extra bonus. They all got Guelph Storm jersey’s with their last names written on the back. Too cool!

I got creative with the turkey for lunch by making a turkey salad. I didn’t keep track of any measurements, but here’s what went in the mix:

-turkey, chopped up into small pieces (about 1 cup)
-about 4 chunks of artichoke hearts (the ones that are packed in water)
-maybe 8-10 green olives chopped up
-a tbsp of honey mustard
-1/4 cup-ish of plain Greek yogurt (I used Oikos)
-S & P

I lined a Flatout wrap with lettuce and plopped about a 1/3 cup of turkey salad on top. Rolled it all up and voila!

I also ate the rest of the container of Oikos with some fig preserves mixed in. Terrific lunch!! DD ate one, too and she gave it the kid stamp of approval! :)


We went out to the farm for a visit in the afternoon seeing as we didn’t make it out there on Sunday like usual. My MIL bought this great new game set for the Wii called “Active Life: Outdoor Challenge”. Holy moly, what a blast! I’m going to go buy it for the family sometime this week. It has canoeing, log jumping, cart racing, hurdles just to name a few of the activities. Does anyone else have this game? What do you think about it? I’d be interested to hear any comments, good or bad!

I had some tofu in the fridge that was quickly approaching its expiry date so that’s what I made for my dinner.

It was very good! I browned up a ¼ of the block with some leftover brussel sprouts and when all was toasty and brown, I added a tablespoon of pomegranate chutney. YUM! I added some steamed veggies to the side for bulk. My sweet end was 3 clementines.

Another lost picture was my snackie! Pretty simple, really. I toasted up a 100 cal English muffin and spread one half with mighty maple PB, the other with dark chocolate PB. I just sat around watching TV all evening. Vacation is making me lazy!!

No on to today! So, I had to work. BOO!! There were only 3 of us in and it went surprisingly quick. Thank goodness! I made my eggnog oats again because I really need to use up the carton before it spoils.


Lunch was very similar to what I ate yesterday…the rest of the turkey salad. Today’s was served up in a toasted Arnold Thin.

It was better today than yesterday! I guess all the flavours enjoyed each others company over night! :)

I’m just getting ready to leave work now. It’s a little later than I’d hoped….3:30pm, which is only an hour earlier than usual. Oh, well….I’m a bit more ahead of the game for next week when we have to jump right back in feet first! We’re going to a hockey game tonight and seeing as we’ll be late and I don’t know if the computer at home is up and running yet, I’m going to post now. If you don’t see me for a few days, you’ll know that I’m still computer-less. I highly doubt that’ll be the case….my hubby is vary apt at solving technical issues….but just in case…..have a HAPPY and SAFE NEW YEAR!!

Bye for now!!

11 comments:

  1. I hope the computer gets fixed! Computers can be such a pain in the butt! It sounds like the hockey camp was a lot of fun for DS- love the idea of the personalized jerseys for all the kids! I may have to try that porridge. I have never had porridge before - is it sweet or?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope your computer gets fixed asap!! I would feel lost without it
    That turkey salad looks so good! I love the oikos addition to it.
    Have fun at the hockey game tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Last night was a tofu kinda night obviously! HA! And the turkey salad looks tasty - I'd have to omit the olives though. Awesome that your daughter likes it - alot of kids would turn their noses up at something like that.

    Enjoy your hockey game, and hopefully your computer stops acting up.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there with your computer; and enjoy the game!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw - sorry to hear about the computer issues!!

    Love the snack: English muffin + PB = YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hope your hubby fix the computer asap!
    Turkey salad and eggnog oats look delicious!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope the computer is fixed!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope your computer gets fixed soon! We have been having computer issues too! Our modem totally died on us on Sunday! We just got our new one delivered today and up and running. It is amazing how much we rely on our computers.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krista, hopefully your comp comes back around. Food looks great - have a good night.

    zesty

    ReplyDelete
  10. Computer issues are such a pain, aren't they? Hopefully it's an easy fix!

    That Wii game sounds insanely fun. This is just giving me more incentive to consider just going out to buy it.. so tempting! My wallet is fighting against that idea though, especially after Christmas. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yummy turkey salad :) happy new year!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!