Monday, December 1, 2008

Cheers To A New Month

I had a tough time falling asleep last night and I think this was the culprit!

We had to stop for gas last night on the way home from Mom and Dad’s so I grabbed a ½ pumpkin spice latte, ½ hazelnut coffee to go. In my defense, I did look for a pot of decaf, but it was empty! I should have known better! Oh, well….it was delicious so I can’t complain too much! I also snacked on an apple with cinnamon sugar while watching th Amazing Race.


I woke up pretty easily considering my crappy sleep! We had a bit of a winter storm last night and I was eager to look out the window to see just how much we got. It wasn’t as bad as the weather man said! PHEW! Here’s my bowl!


-1/2 cup water
-1/2 cup unsweetened chocolate Almond Breeze
-1/3 cup oat bran
-1/2 mashed banana
-cinnamon
-trail mix


This chocolate/banana combo was much milder than Saturday’s bowl and that was A-OK! It was smooth and creamy and I was sad to see the end of the meal!

I was a little concerned about the condition of the roads this morning, but they weren’t too bad. The main ones had been plowed, but the side streets were a little snotty. Thankfully, my morning route is pretty much all main roads.

Apparently a water main broke in front of the office this morning causing them to shut the water off from 9:30 am until noon. Not good for those of use that use the restroom quite frequently! I skipped my morning tea which is usually 2 cup and I still had to go by 11am. What an uncomfortable position to be in! YIKES!!!! I was SO glad to get home at noon!

I had a great run today. I was a little worried because my hamstrings were sore from my Jillian boot camp yesterday, but they loosened up nicely! I really don’t think my treadmill is giving accurate information anymore because my stats seem to be all over the place! I guess it is 4 years old and has been used A LOT! I should probably start searching for a newer model soon.

I made an interesting, yet delicious sandwich for lunch today. Here are the components;

-Ezekiel 4:9 sprouted English muffin
-1/4 of last night’s sweet potato, mashed
-the last 2 slices of baked tofu
-2 Tbsp pineapple/coconut jam


This sandwich ROCKED in the flavor department! Holy smokes, was it ever good! I also ate a big bowl of grapes. I seem to be having a grape obsession lately!


Check out this cool “give away” over at Roni’s Weigh! What a neat scale! Of course I had to participate! Roni's got the best site ever! I've been reading it for over a year and have learned much in the way of baking, everyday tips and how NOT to beat yourself up whenever you have a "bad"day. This is one blog that everyone should be reading!

I entered the Mary Lou's Weigh Platform Giveaway!


Check out Roni’s Weight Loss Blog for more information.

The afternoon went by slow as molasses in January. Our courier service didn’t come in due to weather conditions and that left us payroll gals tapping our fingers looking for things to pack for our move at the end of the week.

Before picking up the kids to take DD to dance class, I stopped by the grocery store to pick up some chocolates from the bulk section to fill our most awesome advent calendar!


Isn’t he the coolest? My sister in law bought this for the kids a few years ago from a lady that she works with. He’s handmade, too! Here's what his pockets are full of....


Chocolate bells!!

Since it was just the hubby and I eating tonight, I made us a nice chicken stir fry with some brown rice.


I just chopped up a yellow, red and orange pepper and an onion. One it was cooked down, I added about 10 chopped up chicken tenders to the pot. After cooking everything through, I added about a 1/3 cup of Kraft Sundried Tomato & Oregano dressing.


My sweet end was 2 pieces of this dark chocolate that I bought from one of the kids fund raisers.


I think I'm starting to like dark chocolate much more than milk. I never thought I'd say that!

I totally missed the Britney Spears “show” last night! I found this review on MSN today so I think I’ve got the gist of what went down. Britney Review Plus, I’m sure it will be aired again (and again)!

I’ll leave you with an email my MIL sent me. This cracks me right up every time I read it! This is for all dog lovers and those who own a cat

DOG DIARY

8:00 am - Dog food! My favorite thing!
9:30 am - A car ride! My favorite thing!
9:40 am - A walk in the park! My favorite thing!
10:30 am - Got rubbed and petted! My favorite thing!
12:00 PM - Lunch! My favorite thing!
1:00 PM - Played in the yard! My favorite thing!
3:00 PM - Wagged my tail! My favorite thing!
5:00 PM - Milk bones! My favorite thing!
7:00 PM - Got to play ball! My favorite thing!
8:00 PM - Wow! Watched TV with the people! My favorite thing!
11:00 PM - Sleeping on the bed! My favorite thing!

CAT DIARY

Day 983 of my captivity.

My captors continue to taunt me with bizarre little dangling objects.
They dine lavishly on fresh meat-while the other inmates and I are fed
hash or some sort of dry nuggets. Although I make my contempt for
the rations perfectly clear, I nevertheless must eat something in order to
keep up my strength. The only thing that keeps me going is my dream of
escape.
In an attempt to disgust them, I once again vomit on the carpet.

Today I decapitated a mouse and dropped its headless body at their feet.
I had hoped this would strike fear into their hearts, since it clearly
demonstrates what I am capable of. However, they merely made
condescending comments about what a 'good little hunter' I am. Bastards!

There was some sort of assembly of their accomplices tonight.
I was placed in solitary confinement for the duration of the event.
However, I could hear the noises and smell the food. I overheard
that my confinement was due to the power of 'allergies.' I must learn what
this means and how to use it to my advantage.

Today I was almost successful in an attempt to assassinate one of my
tormentors by weaving around his feet as he was walking. I must
try this again tomorrow -- but at the top of the stairs.

I am convinced that the other prisoners here are flunkies and snitches.

The dog receives special privileges. He is regularly released - and seems to be
more than willing to return. He is obviously retarded.


I just LOVE that email!!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. i just ordered an advent calendar on friday!!! i love yours though - so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy December!!

    Chocolate bells = amazing Holiday treat :-)

    CUTE email!!

    Have a lovely evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. cute email from MIL :) (it took me waaaay too long to figure MIL out!!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cute advent calendar!!! Love it! You did a great job filling it with yummy treats. I think someone deserves a new treadmill for Christmas ;)

    ReplyDelete
  5. 7-eleven has lattes? Where have I been?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sandwich intrigues me. It sounds odd, yet I can see how all the flavours would work together.

    That is an awesome advent calendar. And I love that email as well.

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry to hear your bad sleep last night, it proves that you're caffeine sensible person. So you have two options: stop drinking after 2pm or drink until you become insensible for it (as I am). hahhaha...... ^_^ Just kidding!

    And not being able to use bathroom is really bad! I drink a lot of hot tea and need to go to bathroom once an hour, so I can imagine how hard was it for you.

    Your sandwich looks amazing!!!!~~~ And that calender, the coolest ever!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun filled post! I love Advent Calendars!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love the email! and such a great yet simple dinner!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh wow, delicious! =)
    Great e-mail too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha I've read that email before!
    LOVE the sandwich idea.. I'll have to remember to try it asap!
    And chocolate bells... mmmm.

    ReplyDelete
  12. The weather man over exaggerated our snow storm too! Glad to hear you made it around town yesterday in one piece :)

    That sandwich is pretty interesting - glad to hear it was a success!

    The pet diaries are hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!