Saturday, November 29, 2008

Holy Saturday!

Oh...today was a busy one and I was SO tired! DD was up at 3am with the stomach flu(or something) and I’ve pretty much been up since then. By 4:30am I was starving but there was no way I was going to have breakfast that early so I laid in bed and read a book until almost 7am. When I finally ventured down to the kitchen, here’s what I had;


-1 cup water
-1 pkg diet Swiss Miss hot cocoa
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 mashed banana


Mmm, YUM! This was just the breakfast I needed! It was so chocolaty and creamy. I’ll be eating this combo again!

I was at Old Navy just before 8:30 to do some Christmas shopping while they had their 50% off sale happening. I even got a little MP3 player for being one of the first to walk through the door and spend more than $20 before taxes. I basically bought outfits for my niece and nephew and PJ’s for my kids. Before I left the mall, I decided that I needed some caffeine so I went to Starbucks and bought a tall Espresso Truffle with no whip. More chocolate is JUST what this girl needed!


I actually kind of spoiled myself because while at the mall last night I bought a tall skinny gingersnap latte. It was good, but the espresso truffle was better. I also ate a Kraft Live Active bar when I got home last night. Three hours at the mall=one hungry gal!


My work hosted a Christmas party at 11am today for the kids at the bowling alley. DD wasn’t up to going so she went to my parents place. DS had fun bowling, at the arcade, during lunch and of course, when Santa showed up. His present was a Transformer and DD got the HSM3 CD. Needless to say, they were both thrilled!

I had packed a bit of a lunch so I didn’t have to eat bowling alley fare. I munched on a kid size flatout wrap with mighty maple PB and ½ a banana and an apple on the side.



I also ate 1 of DS’s chicken nuggets. It was pretty gross, really!

After the party, I went back to the mall to pick up a few things for my Mom for Christmas. At this point, I was starting to get cranky from lack of sleep. I came home, ate a piece of pumpkin loaf (sorry, no pic!) and caught up on my blog reading. Next up was preparing and putting a chicken in the oven for dinner. Finally, I sat down with a big tea and a magazine. AH, relaxation! I even managed at 30 minute siesta!

Dinner was exactly how I remember Mom preparing on cold winter weekends…roasted chicken, carrots and parsnips.


The only thing missing was potatoes. To compensate, I whipped up some herbed polenta as a side.


My sweet end was once again a chocolate/peanut curves bar. I also may have eaten a few of these tasty squares!


My parents should be here soon for a visit. After they leave I plan on following my cat Charlie's lead and getting some shut eye!



Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. Hope your daughter gets well soon - the stomach flu is NO FUN!

    Choco-banana oats? Yes, please! :) Your Old Navy freebies sound great as well. I hope you get a good night of rest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WHEW!! I'm tired just READING about all that went on today - get plenty of rest, and I hope that everyone feels 100% better soon!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so sorry your baby doesn't feel good- I hope she feels better!

    Sounds like fun shopping! We're about to head out for a bit of shopping ourselves!

    Mmm I haven't tried that Starbucks drink yet but it looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chocolate oatmeal sounds great! And if I liked coffee, I would consider something called the Espresso Truffle. Your chicken dinner also looks excellent - I must try out some polenta one of these days. Hope your duaghter gets better!

    ReplyDelete
  5. incredible breakfast!!! it looks like more dessert for me! Need to try it soon!~

    sorry that you've been awake since 3 am, but still you managed to do so many things today! Hope you have good sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Charlie is so cute! I used to mix Swiss Miss in my oats all the time! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi! Yes, you're right- she had originally picked cranberries but they had already been picked in a previous BSI week! So she re-picked and choose walnuts ;)

    ReplyDelete
  8. i LOVE all your chocolate!

    ReplyDelete
  9. those oats look fab!

    Charlie is too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That cat is too cute! :) And so is that banana roll up!
    -Caroline

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!