Saturday, November 8, 2008

No Routine

Today has been a real wacky day for eating. My meals seem to have been scattered all over the place, if I can even call them meals! I'll get on with breakfast because it was really the only "normal" meal I ate today!



-1 cup water
-1/3 cup Quaker Oats
-1/4 cup ricotta cheese
-1/4 of a mashed banana
-1 Tbsp almond butter
-cinnamon & a sprinkle of chopped walnuts



Although this bowl tasted excellent, it was a bit watery for my liking. Next time, I'll have to cut down on the liquid. I did stick to my ribs for a good long time, though!

The hockey game was fun last night! Our team won 4-2 which made it even better! Here are some picture's of the kids at the game...

My son, world's greatest hockey fan(atic)!



My daughter (on the left) and her best bud....



I was a little hungry when we got home from the game so i snacked on this Kashi Honey Almond bar...



I went to a cool organic store in the next town over today on the recommendation of Kristie over at Lighter Portions. She found PB and coconut cream pie Lara Bars there! No, joke! This whole time these seemingly out of reach flavors have only been a 30 minute drive away! Thanks for this fabulous discovery! I bought 2 of each kind plus a chocolate hazelnut Jocolat bar.



By the time we arrived home we were a bit short on time as DS had to be on the ice at 1pm. I quickly ate a bowl of pineapple yogurt with some granola and we hit the road.



At the rink, I pulled out a PB Lara Bar. SO. GOOD! They have a nice subtle PB flavor which is just fine with me. As with all the Lara Bars I've tried, the texture was right up my alley. Not much of a lunch, but what can you do?

After hockey we went to my parents place to celebrate my niece's birthday. She'll be 2 on Tuesday. While there, I ate a piece of cake and a rice crispy square.




I also munched on some veggies with a touch of dip but didn't take a photo because I was really just picking at them.

After the afternoon treats, my dinner appetite was kinda ruined. I hummed and hawed over what to eat and decided on a muesli bagel with Peanut Butter & Co. cinnamon swirl PB and a sliced up apple.



This looked more like lunch #2 than dinner. Oh, how I miss my weekday routine!!

My hubby has a friend over to watch the hockey game, so I think I'm gonna snuggle in with a good book tonight...after I catch up on my blog reading, of course!!

Bye for now!!

18 comments:

  1. Your kids are so cute! Glad you had fun at the game and also so happy you found those bars! That rice krispy treat looks absolutely awesome! Enjoy your book ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, your son is so cute!! :-D

    Rice krispie treats = nostalgia alert!!

    LARABARS!!!! Holy yum. And I LOVE that muesli bagel with the cinnamon swirl PB and cut-up apple - another yum!! :-)

    Have a restful evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Krista - the Peanut Butter & Co peanut butter you have, did you buy it at a store in Canada, or did you order it from the company?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marianne,

    I found the PB at Ultra Food & Drugs. It was in the "healthier eating" section. Whip me off an email if you can't find it and we can talk about ways for me to send you a jar! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOVE the Coconut Cream Pie LaraBar!! I think it's my favourite so far. Haven't tried the PB Cookie one yet...will have to find that one and give it a shot!

    What book are you reading? (I love books almost as much as I love food, lol!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your kiddos are adorable! I love ricotta in my oats. So awesome that you found the LaraBars....I still can't find the coconut ones!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bacon,

    Right now I'm reading "S is for Silence" by Sue Grafton....it's a murder mystery!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like the Grafton series! I'm a sucker for a murder mystery. One guy that I highly recommend is Greg Iles. Good stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krista, I love the ricotta in the oatmeal. It looks delicious.

    Your children are beautiful! My nephew is 8 and he loooooves hockey, too!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you kids are so cute!!
    sounds like a fun day :D
    the rice crispy treat looks amazing!!
    so glad you liked the larabar bar- that flavor is one of my favorites
    have a great night

    ReplyDelete
  11. your kids are so cute!!!

    and your desert are amazing looking! i heart the rice crispy treat!

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have gorgeous kids!! i always love children's parties' goodies - so colourful and sweet :D so glad you found those larabars!! they are definitely yum :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. lovely kids!
    Weekends are meant to be no-routines, so enjoy!
    Have a nice sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your kids are adorable, and I love the bright sprinkles in the rice krispie treats!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love ricotta, but in oats? This I gotta try...

    ReplyDelete
  16. such cute kids!:)

    I LOVE the cinnamon swirl pb! you have to try it with some pumpkin butter ;)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I have tagged you in my blog! Participate if you may like. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your kids are adorable :D

    And so glad you were able to make the trip over to pick up some bars! Woo! I bought that Jocolat one too and I still have yet to try it! I must remember to do that asap ;)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!