Monday, November 24, 2008

Dance Open House

I had such a relaxing day yesterday that I had trouble falling asleep last night! It was past 12:30am the last time I looked at the clock. Needless to say, I had a rough time getting out of bed. So did my poor kids. We did manage to get out the door on time, though! Breakfast was a quick one!


-1 cup water
-1/2 Flax Seed Porridge
-a scoop of blueberry sauce
-a pinch of pumpkin granola
-cinnamon


This bowl was so delish that I’m at a loss for words, which is extremely odd for me! There was a ridiculous amount of chew and crunch going on. That combo equals perfection for me!

The morning flew by. I find that Monday’s tend to be the quickest day of the work week for me. And with this being pay week, it’s especially busy! Also, it’s my early lunch week so 11:30am comes quick!

I went home and ran my 3 miles. Since the weather has turned cold and gloomy, I’ve been finding it very hard to stay motivated where my runs are concerned. I still get on and hammer out a nice run, but the enthusiasm just hasn’t been there! Anyone have any ideas to help perk me up? One thing I’m going to do is declare Wednesday’s to be my Wii Fit lunch hour. Just to shake things up a bit!

I made some extra egg white omlette last night in anticipation of today’s lunch. I ate a WW bagel with the egg whites, 1 slice of pea meal bacon and steamed asparagus on the side.


This bagel was tasty, filling and a pleasure to nosh on! I also had this gorgeous pear a little later on in the day…


One of the girls I work with plays Wii, too and we had a great conversation today on tip trading, strategies, etc. I NEVER imagined that I would be a “gamer”, but after our talk I just wanted to go home and Wii away! I woke up with stiff shoulders from all the boxing I did yesterday. Don’t feel sorry for me, though! I actually look forward to feeling some stiffness after I try something new. That way, I know I worked hard at it!

It was a little chilly in the office today so I made myself some diet Swiss Miss hot chocolate.


This did a good job of warming me up!

DD’s dance studio had its Christmas open house tonight. That means that the parents get to sit in on the classes to see what the kids have learned thus far. I was super jazzed because this is the first year that she’s done hip hop and I was eager to see her new “moves”! I can’t believe she’s in her 7th year of dancing! Year 1 & 2 she did ballet, then that got too slow for her so year 3 she tried tap. While she liked the dancing, she wasn’t fond of the music they used. Enter years 4 & 5 for jazz, which she adores! She’s always wanted to do hip hop so here we are now at year 7 with jazz and hip hop. I think this is the combo she’ll stick to for a bit. This here is a shot of one of her hip hop moves that they're learning!!



Dinner was a little harried due to dance running between the hours of 5-6:30pm. Thankfully, the kid’s cab it after school Mondays to my parents house and they eat dinner there so they were fed! I grabbed a Gingersnap Lara Bar to tide me over.



I LOVED this flavor! I think it's now a tie between cinnamon roll and gingersnap. I guess I just really enjoy the bars with an intense spice punch! The bar also did a fantastic job of holding me over for another 3 hours until I was able to get some dinner into me!

Unfortunately, dinner left much to be desired. A while back I had tried one of the new Campbell's Select Harvest soups and it was so bad that I don't even remember what kind it was. I had one more can to try...the Maryland Style Crab.....BLAH!



Although this one had nice big chunks of carrot and potato in it, there was no taste and I swear to God that there was not one single piece of crab in the can! Honestly! I won't be spending my hard earned money on these soup's anymore! Anyways, enough griping....I did eat a cup of it with 2 pieces of toasted WW bread.



My sweet end was a chocolate curves bar. I love those little snack bars! They're the answer to my chocolate cravings!!

Now it's time for me to organize for the morning. It's snowing like a bugger out there now so I think it'll be best for me to plan to leave the house a little earlier than usual in the morning. I just hope there's not too much snow to clear off the van! Oh, well...cést la vie!

Bye for now!!

7 comments:

  1. I used to love open house night when I was a dance student and when I was a teacher! Sounds like your daughter has many great dance years ahead of her. Love the pic!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Delish quick breakfast; great run; hooray for dance studios (yay!! dance!! looove it); and...


    LARABAR!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  3. great eats as usual!
    I'm wondering how does maryland-style crab taste? (I live in Maryland)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I grew up dancing and love the night we had open houses! Glad your daughter is enjoying jazz and hip hop! Those were my favorites too! Maryland crab soup in a can? With no crab? What a bummer! Your lunch looks really great! I love egg white sammies!

    ReplyDelete
  5. How how fun!!!
    I'm a big Wii-er, so let me know if you want more hints ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm getting jealous of your wii fit! It sounds like it's so much fun :)

    Check out your daughter's dance moves! I don't think I'd be able to do that - good for her! Have a great Tuesday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. zesty loves dancing!!! Looks like you had fun... Hope you are having a great day

    zesty

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!