Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Time For Some Changes

The first thing I have to say (this is for all you Biggest Loser fans out there) I am SO thrilled with the outcome of last night's show!!! If you'd seen my reaction last night you'd still be rolling on the floor laughing at me. I looked like a football fanatic when their team gets the winning touch down! Seriously, I almost dislocated my shoulder "air pumping"!! I am SUCH a loser! :)

Breakfast today was a nice warm bowl of oat bran...



-1 cup water
-1/3 cup oat bran
-1/2 mashed banana
-2 Tbsp trail mix
-cinnamon



I love oat bran as a change every now and again. It doesn’t keep me full as long as oats, though! I think I might really stray tomorrow and try a totally different type of breakfast!!

I ended up with a case of heartburn last night just after I posted. I think my system is just rebelling against my off the wall meals lately. Time to get back on track! I suffered terrible GERD after DD was born and spent over a year on medication...I don’t want that nonsense returning!! Once I felt better, I ate a handful of dry cereal to avoid gut rot and had a nice soothing tea.

By 11am this morning I was hungry so I dug into some Bare Fruit banana chips and 1/2 a cup strained pineapple-green tea yogurt. Hit the spot! :)




I've decided I'm going to try laying off the running for a few days. My knee and back have been bothering me and I think it’s from the repetitive treadmill use. During the summer I was at least bike riding and walking more. Now that the weather is cooler, I’m inside pretty much all the time. (I know, my own fault!) Also, before our gym at the office closed for renovations back in June, I had access to an elliptical, stair master, rowing machine, bikes and lots of weights, bands and steps so I was switching up my routine ALL the time. I can’t wait to get back in there. The power’s that be say it should be reopening the first week of December. That can’t come soon enough for me!

So...today I did a nice 40 minutes, 2.5 mile walk at lunch. I kept a steady pace, bumped up the incline, and buckled down with my Prevention magazine. Even though I didn’t run, I still feel like I got a workout and it’s definitely better than sitting on my butt!

Lunch was this pack of tuna;



With a side of couscous;




I love this stuff! It comes with a bay leaf and chili pepper on top. I take these off before eating it, but I’m sure you don’t have to if you enjoy REALLY spicy food! It makes for a quick and easy meal. I’ve tried all 3 flavors, but this one is my favorite. It really packs a punch in the heat department! I also prepared a fruit salad to eat as my afternoon snack. This is made up of pineapple, green grapes, strawberries and kiwi. Mmm...good!



I came across a wicked looking product in my Prevention magazine over lunch. Pumpkin pesto by Stonewall Kitchen! Has anyone out there tried this stuff?? It sounds incredible. Actually they look to have a ton of yummy looking food and food stuff.

Dinner tonight was my Apple & Pepper Pork Chops, only I used chicken thighs this time!



I served it with polenta and it still turned out marvelous! My sweet end was a strawberry Curves bar and 3 chocolate covered almonds (no picture of those because I didn't really mean to eat them!).



Then I hauled ass out of the kitchen before anything else suddenly found the opening in my face. :)

I have always wanted to try Pilate's, but something has always stopped me...probably me! I've decided to look into a studio here in town that a few of my friends have been to and like. I reason that the kids have dance, hockey & swimming between the 2 of them and my hubby plays hockey 2 times a week, so it's high time I do something fun, too! Anybody want to share their Pilate's stories, good or bad? I'd love to hear about it!

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. Ooooh, they sell some of the Stonewall Kitchen stuff at a few places here on the Island! I can't say I've seen the pesto, but I haven't really looked very closely at what exactly they carry. I think I have a marinade/sauce of theirs in my fridge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the fruit salad had me drooling the most. I do so love fruit! I HAVE tried the Pumpkin Pesto and LOVED it! However, I adore most everything from Stonewall Kitchen. Their jams and grill sauces are amazing! Try the Pomegranate grill sauce - YUMMY!

    Pilates is wonderful! It has saved my back and hip more than once. Nothing firms up your tummy and back muscles more. I think once you go once, you will have a hard time staying away!

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your eats ALWAYS look so tantalizing!!!

    Sounds like you're making the right decision about running - take care of that knee, and of YOU!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  4. That yogurt looks thick and delicious! What brand is it?

    Glad you're taking it easy on that knee!

    What is with the ladies on the Curve boxes? They always look out of control happy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Erica...the yogurt is made by Danone. It's pineapple green tea. I strained it over night to get that thick consistency!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry about the GERD issues and I am glad you are feeling better. I definitely want to try that Pumpkin Pesto.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I haven't gotten into this season of BL unfortunately. House and Fringe totally get in the way!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I've never seen that brand or packet of tuna but I am definitely keeping my eye out, it looks great. I just moved to a bit hilly-er of an area and have noticed my knee and back aching too. Since I switched to walking more than jogging and added in an omega-3 vitamin/made sure I've been getting more healthy fats the achiness has eased up a lot! Add avocado/nuts to everything? Haha.

    Have a great night! And I'm sorry about the GERD. My friend was born with that and had to have surgery to get it under control- thank goodness she's so much better now. I didn't realize it could flare up with pregnancy... kind of like a diabetes thing? Huh.

    ReplyDelete
  9. mmmmmmm.....everything looks delicious!!! Specially I want to know how it taste the pineapple-green tea yogurt....can't imagine its flavor.
    I like oat bran, but i never had it alone, because I'm afraid of the overload of fiber effect. Does it happen to you?
    And that pumpkin pesto looks so yummy~~~ I'll see if I can find them here.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I agree with the Biggest Loser outcome - now they just need to get rid of Vicky!

    ReplyDelete
  11. everything looks so good! i'm fascinated by that tuna.. i'm usually horrified by tuna in a can but that tuna steak looks like i would love it.
    hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey Krista! It's me again :) Just letting you know that you've been 'tagged' for the 7 things post (http://bunnytrailthoughts.blogspot.com/2008/11/7-random-things.html). I'd love to hear your 7 radom things :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!