Sunday, November 16, 2008

Snowy Sunday

Sometime after I posted last night the rain turned into snow and we woke up to a white landscape this morning. Even though I do not like the snow, I must admit that there’s something magical about the first snowfall of the year. I did, however, feel the need to “summer up” my oats so I went with my Pina Colada Oats recipe today. The only thing I changed was nixing the egg whites and adding about a 1/3 cup of pineapple tidbits...



I adored the sweetness the pineapple juice lent to the oats in this recipe. I bet if I’d closed my eyes I would’ve heard the lull of the ocean and felt the sun on my face. Yeah, I know...dream on!

For a snack last night I munched on a coconut cream pie Lara Bar.



While the flavor was really good, the texture was softer than the other ones I've tried. That was a little disappointing, but I wouldn't turn one down over it! :)

Once my hubby and DS got home from hockey, we rock n’rolled out to the farm for our weekly visit. It was much whiter out there! I took some pictures before we left because I think the farm just looks gorgeous with a layer of snow covering everything!





Lunch today was a yummy one! I toasted a WW bagel, spread a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and about 1 Tbsp of fig preserves on it and then topped it with a slice of chicken breast. I paired it with an apple that my MIL gave to me from her trip to the market.



This was a great flavor combination. One of the items on my Christmas list this year is a panini press. This sandwich would have been just that much better if I had one of those handy appliances now! Here's a closer shot of the fig preserves that I used...



I spent the afternoon catching up on my blog reading before we had to leave for hockey again. DS had extra ice time from 3-4pm and was pretty excited about it. He told me that he needs lots of practice so that he can be better than his Dad. Funny kid! This was actually a test for coaches in training so they needed some boys on the ice. There only ended up being 8 kids, 7 of which play on the same rep hockey team. Not only that, they were all at least 1 year older than DS! I was so proud of how he went on the ice not knowing anyone and being the smallest and most inexperienced kid there. I wish I could be half as brave as him! This rink had a Tim Horton’s in it, praise the Gods!



Tim’s already has their Christmas cup out! This here is an extra large pumpkin spice tea. Love this flavor!

You may notice some color in this post. I finally figured out how to change the tool bar so that the cool functions show. Only took me 3 1/2 months! :)

Dinner tonight was a package of Shiritaki noodles with about a 1/2 cup of left over chili from the other night.



This dinner filled me so much that I didn't even bother with a sweet end. I did seed a pomegrante before eating so I may have a yogurt with some of the seeds a bit later on. Tonight I plan to watch the Amazing Race and hit the sack at a decent hour. Hope everyone enjoys the evening!

Bye for now!!

15 comments:

  1. Bread, laughing cow cheese, and figs .. .YUMMY!! OK, I'm going to have to learn about this coffee everyone is talking about and am yet to try a daggone Larabar! I am SO behind the times! :)

    I can't believe you got snow!! I'm so jealous... I think. LOL (as I sit here shivering because it's below 60) We don't get much snow here so I'm always jealous of others'

    ENJOY!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great tropical & festive eats for a snowy day!! Brightens it up :-)

    Um, I was definitely going to be posting about that fig spread, on my blog tomorrow, haha!! Great minds think alike!! :-D You don't mind, do you??

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum...pumpkin spice tea! Dinner looks delicious! Oh...that snow is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i want some of that fig spread!
    i hope you get a panini press-- you'll love it!
    i'm in shock over all of that snow.. i'm shivering just looking at it
    hope you have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. omg, what a winter wonderland!! can you believe i've never seen something like that in real life? i'm such a loser!

    your eats are so great though! i love the summer oats!

    ReplyDelete
  6. We had similar bowl for breakfast!!!
    woooo........snow is big big there!!!!!

    fig preserve.....yummy~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fig spread looks fantastic... much like a fig newton!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Snow! Wow! It dose look beautiful! The chili on top of the noodles looks great! My mom always use to make noodles with our chili when I was little and I loved the combo!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Krista - I feel for ya on the snow..... food looks amazing. Hope you have a great start to the week.

    zesty

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't believe that snow! Your dinner looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fig jam = yum! Love the Tim's cup, I get so excited when they bring out the seasonal cups :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. lovely eats! and the snow... an early taste of winter :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous farm photos!

    I am SO not looking forward to snow, they say we could get some tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the snow, but only to look at! Your photos look beautiful!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!