Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Summer's Back...For Now

I woke up to a gorgeous day this morning! And it was starting to get light by 6:30am! Nice to see that again. The temp reached 18* Celsius today! Yipee! I’m most definitely NOT a cold weather person and dread the winter every year. I made a simple bowl of yummy today;

-1 cup water
-1/2 Flax Seed Porridge
-1/2 mashed banana
-cinnamon & vanilla sugar



Have I mentioned lately how much I love my breakfast? Hehe! I had 2 pictures, but accidentally deleted one! DUH!

Check out the coolest toilet paper ever! It's Pink!



I saw this at Zellers last night and had to have it! Both my boys wrinkled their noses at it! Oh, well!

While cruising through my blog reading last night I found this wicked looking recipe featured as a guest post by Meg on Carrots N’ Cake for muffins made with Barney Butter in them. I whipped the recipe off the printer and went straight down to the kitchen to bake some! Now, seeing as I can’t find this famous Barney Butter in Canada, I subbed in Peanut Butter & Co. Cinnamon Raisin Swirl peanut butter. I also used all WW flour and a ¼ cup egg beaters in place of the egg.



These turned out fabulous! Light and fluffy and, most importantly, full of flavor! If you’re a nut butter fan, you must try this recipe. I brought 3 in to work with me for my co-workers and all 3 had raves reviews! Thanks, Meg & Tina!!!

I had a nice, sweaty run today. I wasn’t really up to it and started off a bit slow, but 10 minutes in I got an energy burst and ramped the speed right up for the next 20 minutes. I did a 2 min warm up walk, 30 min run, 3 min cool down walk. I hit the 3 mile mark at 31:25. Faster than yesterday, but not as fast as Saturday!

Lunch today was one of my favorite panini’s from Lean Cuisine…..chicken, spinach & mushroom. These sandwiches are to die for!



I also crunched on some carrot sticks. Sometimes I find the bigger carrots can be a bit bitter, but these guys were nice and sweet.



I ate some really good raspberries, too! My grocery store had pints on sale 3 for $5! I plan to revamp one of my recipes to use up some of the berries before they go bad. Stay tuned for that!



Tuesday = swim night around our house which also happens to = crock pot night! For tonight’s dinner I put an outside round roast with a slew of spices in there and set it on low for 8 hours.



I served it with a side of couscous and peas and a glob of spicy mustard for dipping...



And my sweet end was indeed sweet....and absolutely mouth watering! I cut the last piece of pumpkin baked oatmeal horizontally and spread a tablespoon of cinnamon swirl PB on it. OMG! Divine pleasure for my taste buds!



On the Halloween candy front, I managed to stay away from it for the most part today. I still ate a few mini chocolate bars and some gummy bears, but nothing like my weekend consumption! I'm off to organize for the morning so that I can be free to watch The Biggest Loser later on.

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. FAAABULOUS weather here as well.

    Haha, cute toilet paper :-D

    Love those muffins, the raspberries, your "sweet end" - yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow! I bet the muffins taste awesome using cinnamon raisin swirl PB. I love that PB. I think it is time to make another batch. Glad you enjoyed them!!

    Love the pink TP!

    ReplyDelete
  3. pink tp?!? how cute is that?!
    the muffins look incredible!
    hope you have a great night :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. looooove the pink TP. i want it! it reminds me of this friends episode when joey used word of the day toilet paper lol. those muffins sound sooooo good. i <3 nutbutter

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh....I want to try that Flax Seed Porridge... what brand is it?
    it looks so yummy~~~~~

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the pink toilet paper! How fun :) I'm glad the muffins turned out well! I was thinking about giving those a whirl! Glad for your review!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow, so the oatmeal is more like a sweet bread or muffin in texture?

    I used to like colored TP, then my mom banned it when I was little because she said it could give you infections. I have no idea if that's actually true, but I don't by colored TP because of it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL at pink tp... i love it!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The Cinnamon Raisin peanut butter is by far my favorite flavor in my cabinet but don't pay $5-6 for a jar from PB&Co, just make your own! It's real simple, check out my Cinnamon Raisin Peanut Butter Recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! I plan to try those muffins this weekend. I am just starting to learn the joys of the grab n go factor of muffins for breakfast. Can't wait to try them!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!