Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Tuesday Tales

Oh, my gosh! I had such a FANTASTIC time with the Wii Fit last night! We played for 2 hours! I could’ve played longer but, alas, I had morning preparations to take care of! We had a ski jumping competition (which I won!) and I also did another balance one as well as 5 strength moves (the other moves are locked and I have to keep at it to unlock them). The exercises included lunges, jack knife, push ups with side plank...and I honestly have drawn a blank at the last few!

I was up early again this morning and hit up some of the yoga moves the Wii offers to stretch (warrior and half moon) then did some Wii running which was just a short 5 minute course. DD was awake by then so I let her take over and hopped on the treadmill for a 10 minute walk before I hit the shower. I was starving by the time breakfast rolled around!


-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1/2 mashed banana
-1 tsp Almond Butter
-cinnamon & a sprinkle of Maple Flakes


Just that little bit of almond butter makes such a huge difference in the taste factor in a bowl of oats...in a good way! All smooth and velvety! Yum!

After my exertions on the Wii last night, I ate my apple from lunch with a Tbsp of almond butter....


Look what found its way back to my desk this morning???


Like yesterday, I stopped at these 3. Man, I hope the bowl is empty tomorrow! I just got rid of all the Halloween candy and now there’s Christmas stuff to worry about!

Had another great run at lunch today! My knee was A-OK last night and during my run today, so I hope the only problem last week was that it needed a rest! Now that I have my precious Wii, I will be incorporating it into my exercise schedule. Hopefully that will shake things up enough that I keep my knee safe! My knees were so bad in my mid to late teens that my Mom used to say that I’d be in a wheelchair by the time I was in my 30’s. I think her inner drama queen was speaking then, but I always wondered how they’d be. Here I am in my 30’s and last week was the first bump in the road in a LONG time.

My lunch was such a mess of leftovers! I don’t know what I was thinking when I started throwing things into a container, but this is what I have; the end of the sweet potato risotto, leftover Swiss Chalet Chicken, leftover kale.


It sure looks funny, but I assure you that the taste was bang on! I also packed a yogurt (eaten in the a.m.) and a pear.


Just before going home time I felt like I needed a little something. Well, a hunk of chocolate is what I really wanted, but I settled for this Maxiccino hot drink.


Pretty tasty stuff for a “once in a while treat”!

Here we are again at crockpot Tuesday’s! I put a smallish roast in there today before work. After my run at lunch, I tossed in a few handfuls of baby potatoes. Steamed asparagus rounded out the meal!



The aroma wafting through the house all day must have been driving my cats bonkers! It smelled fantabulous!!

I'm off to the pool soon and I'll be home just in time to catch The Biggest Loser. I REALLY hope Jackie gets voted off tonight. That women is positively toxic! I'll most likely part take in a snack, but as of yet I have no idea what it might be! Enjoy the evening!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. So glad you like Wii Fit!!

    Fabulous eats!!

    Thank goodness you're NOT in a wheelchair - take care of those knees! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! I'm a first time commenter. I hope your knees feel better, but the Wii Fit sounds amazing. I really wish I could afford it because it sounds like a blast. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, that kale looks beautiful!

    I love love my wii fit (i think i said that yesterday), and I'm so glad you did too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your leftover lunch! So glad you are enjoying the Wii!

    ReplyDelete
  5. ughhh i just left you a post and it wouldn't go through!

    It said something along the lines of:

    So glad you like the Wii fit - can't wait to hear about more of your workouts. Glad the knee feels good. Dinner looks fab and fancy- so nice to have great meals like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yet again, I am SO impressed with your willpower and the caramel kisses!! :)

    I hope your knees get better SOON - NO WHEELCHAIRS!! You are really motivating me to get a Wii Fit. It sounds so fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I want to try Wii to do yoga, it must be so fun!
    And great idea to use the crockpot to roast beef. I don't make it often precisely because I already end up with a greasy kitchen!

    Hope your knee get better soon!

    Oh....I've passed you an award. check my blog!

    have a nice evening!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i've been wanting a wii fit! we have a wii and the hubby and i like to play rockstar :D
    have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your snack plate - it's so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have a Wii and never play the thing unless we have company :(

    I have never seen purple kale before.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!