Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Wacky Wednesday

For all you Biggest Loser fans out there…what did you think of last night’s show?! I gotta tell ya, I’ll be extremely disappointed if Miss Vicky wins this. Especially seeing that I totally think that her and her husband are in this for the $$ alone. I highly doubt she will maintain an active lifestyle after the show! Okay, enough of that!!

I traded my oats this morning for a bowl of Bob’s Red Mill 10 grain cereal. I love this as a switch up!


-1 cup water
-1/3 cup 10 grain cereal
-1/3 cup pumpkin puree
-trail mix
-cinnamon, pumpkin pie spice



Work this morning was 100% insane!! So much so that I really have nothing to say about my morning except, “Where did it go???” I had a fuzzy head by 11am and realized it was due to hunger! I scavenged around, but all I could find to eat that was compatible with working was a handful of sliced veggies that I pilfered from the staff kitchen!!!


I didn’t end up eating the cucumber because it was slimy…..eewww!!!

My sweet end/snack last night was plain yogurt with pumpkin granola and blueberry sauce.


I was excited about lunch time, though, because Wednesday is Wii day!! I got about 35 mins in on my Wii Fit. I did a variety of yoga, strength, balance and aerobics stuff. I unlocked a new phase in the boxing segment and boy, did those routines screw me up! I’ve learned that I’m not near as coordinated as I thought! It’s still loads of fun, though!!

Lunch tasted great today but wasn’t very enjoyable because I was basically on the run with our payrolls jumping from one computer to another. I shoved spoonfuls into my yapper as I walked past my desk!


Can you guess what that is? Bet you aren’t surprised to see Kasha pilaf, veggies and haddock, are you?! I also snacked on these delicious grapes through out the afternoon.


For dinner tonight I made Mara’s Chicken dinner


This recipe was so easy that it's ridiculous! I served it up with some brown rice as a side.


Everybody LOVED it! Thanks for a great, easy-peasy dinner recipe, Mara!

I had some pumpkin in the fridge that needed to be used up so I tried out this recipe from Hungry Girl for a pumpkin cranberry loaf while I was waiting for supper to be done. This recipe was really easy and only took maybe 10 minutes to throw together!



I made a few changes out of necessity; 1/4 cup sugar instead of the Splenda (I don't like "fake" sugars and I'm low on agave), 1/2 cup of egg whites as I'm out of egg beaters and a 1/4 cup trail mix for the dried cranberries. I just took it out of the oven 10 minutes ago so I can't give a review yet because it's still too hot to cut! I will be eating a piece for a snack later, so I'll be sure to tell you all about it tomorrow!

My plans for this evening include organizing for the morning, watching SYTYCD Canada, catching up on some blog reading and hitting the hay a little earlier than I have been.

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. Great but busy day! The breakfast change looks like a good one! I am going to have to get the chicken a try! I love chicken and rice- such a yummy combo! I did some baking tonight too! I find it to me soooo calming!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ugh i totally agree w/ u about biggest loser!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I bet that chicken would even be good over some pasta. So simple, and considering I ALWAYS have those ingredients in the house, I'll have to give it a try.

    Go WiiFit Boxing! So fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dinner looks yummy! Love the pumpkin cranberry loaf!

    ReplyDelete
  5. that chicken looks delicious...just checked the recipe, you're right...it's ridiculous easy.... I'll make it soon!
    And that loaf of pumpkin loaf looks yummy too!!! Looking forward to read your review!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Krista: when you use agave for baking, what's the equivalent measure from sugar? and do you bake at lower temperature as well?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haha everyone doesn't like Vicky - maybe I should watch the show to see what the hate is all about :)

    Gorgeous looking bread!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey girl, I just found your blog...I love it! Your pilaf looks delicious!
    I get emails from Hungry Girl too and I remember reading about that bread- can't wait to hear your review!
    Have a great night :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. YAY! I'm so glad you liked it!!! I usually reduce the sauce quite a bit so its more bbq-ish, but yours looks way yum!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. you are a brave girl for eating out of a work refrigerator. the food in the fridge at Sears scares the crap out of me!! everything is always molding and rotted. eeekkk. at least you got a few good veggies out of it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Coco...a 1/3 cup of agave is equivalent to 1 cup sugar. I keep the temp same as the recipe calls for and have never had any trouble!

    Joanna...the veggies were from a meeting that had just finished or I'd have to agree with you about food in a work place fridge..eewww!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the oats, grapes, vegetables, pilaf, loaf... YUM!!!

    HAPPY THURSDAY!! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Krista! Love the blog! I went to the Uni in Guelph and lived there for about three years.. I love the city!! I'm originally from Chatham though! You've got a great blog here.. i'll be back to check it out forsure!!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!