Wednesday, November 19, 2008

BSI:Pumpkin!

I’m going to go out on a limb here and hope that nobody is too sick of hearing about my Wii Fit yet because I was up early and at her again this morning! I did 4 yoga moves to stretch out…Sun Salutation, Warrior, Half Moon and Tree. Then I did some each of the aerobics and balance games. Too fun! I did more today than that, but I placed the info in the post as it happened throughout the day...

I was pretty hungry again by breakfast. Here’s my bowl for today;


-1 cup water
-2 Tbsp hazelnut liquid coffee mate flavor
-1/2 cup Quaker oats
-1/2 a mashed banana
-cinnamon
-2 Tbsp trail mix


Once again, I ate breakfast while quizzing DD for her test which is tomorrow. The information seems to be sinking in finally. There’s a lot to learn so we’ve been studying in the morning and after dinner. She’s also been reading the material over before lights out. The teacher sent home a few websites for the kids to checkout as well. I think I’ll let her at that tonight as a change of pace.

I was honored to receive an award yesterday from Balance, Joy, Delicas!


I love getting awards! It’s so cool to know that there are others who enjoy reading about my daily going on’s! I’ve decided not to pass it along to any particular blog...they’re all wonderful and most of the ones I read have already been tagged! I do want to thank ALL my readers out there! Those who comment and those who don’t alike! Thanks for all the support and great information you all share everyday!!

I had a bit of a (chocolate) snack attack last night. No pictures as it was all random crap! First, I ate about 4 chocolate covered almonds, then 2 chocolate chip cookies while I got the kids lunches ready, then a hot chocolate followed suit. Thank God it was a diet Swiss Miss packet! After that, I shoved a piece of minty gum in my mouth and left the kitchen to watch The Biggest Loser. I know exactly what happened, too! After we got back from swimming, I realized how “messy” the kitchen was. I really don’t enjoy having to do housework at 8pm and had a little bit of a melt down. Hence the chocolate! I am SUCH an emotional eater!

Went home at lunch and hopped on the Wii. I won’t get into the details, though. I’ll leave it that I did mostly strength training moves with a little yoga and cardio thrown in the mix!

For lunch I ate this beautiful Lean Cuisine Steak & Cheddar panini;

This is now officially my favorite “flavor”. If I’d of been at home, I would’ve left it as an open faced sandwich and eaten it with a fork and knife as it was a bit messy for desk eating. It was just so cheesy and melty! For any Weight Watcher readers, it was 7 points and well worth every single one! Just look at this goodness!


I also packed a yogurt and apple. I ate the yogurt in the a.m. and fancied it up with a little agave and a teaspoon of hot chocolate powder. Yum, yum!


The afternoon positively dribbled by today. I had to keypunch all afternoon and it was pretty much lulling me to sleep! Ugh! I shouldn’t complain because I really do have a pretty good (paying) job! Like the other day, I did not get to my apple. I drank a hot cocoa at 3pm break and that left no room for my fruit.

I found a small spaghetti squash in the back of my fridge that needed to be used so I cooked it up in the microwave and topped it with the end of the chili and some wilted spinach. The sprinkles on top is nutritional yeast....tastes just like cheese!


I made my BSI recipe tonight, too! I wanted this one to be fun, simple and on the sweet side. Here's what I came up with!

Crispy Pumpkin Pie Bars

-2 Tbsp butter
-1 cup pumpkin puree
-2 cups mini marshmallows (mine were colored because that's what I had on hand)
-4 cups Kashi Puffs cereal
-2 Tbsp cinnamon chips
-1 tbsp cinnamon
-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
-1/2 tsp nutmeg

*prepare an 8 x 8 pan by lining it with saran wrap (so that the ends hang out the sides)
*melt butter in a large pot
* add pumpkin and spices. Stir to combine.
*when mixture is hot, add marshmallows, stirring until melted



*add cereal, remove from heat and stir until Puffs are all coated.
*mix in cinnamon chips
*spread evenly into pan and refrigerate for a few hours until cooled completely.


*grab plastic wrap by ends and remove from pan. Cut into 9 squares
*plate and enjoy


These babies came out very moist and taste just like pumpkin pie. They're obviously a spin off of Rice Crispy Treats, but with a huge twist! Thanks again to Lindsay for picking the BSI of the week!

Bye for now!!

**I will be late with tomorrow’s post! My son is doing something VERY exciting after dinner and I likely won’t be home until around 10pm. Details to follow!**

12 comments:

  1. Wow! Those pumpkin pie bars look absolutely amazing! Great twist!

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my, awesome pumpkin recipe!!! and what a teaser about your son ;-) can't wait!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep talking about Wii Fit!! Glad you're enjoying it!! :-)

    Fabulous dinner and AMAZING BSI recipe!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Noooo! I love hearing about your wii fit! Bring it on! I can't believe your lunch is from a box- it looks tooo good! Can't wait to hear about what your son is doing tomorrow night. Great BSI recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  5. those bars look really good!

    do you like the Wii fit? i have been tempted to buy it for some time now.

    ReplyDelete
  6. awesome bsi recipe!!! that is so interesting!!

    and i love how it says nouveau on your lean cuisine...i'm a french minor...:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. BSI looks YUMMY!! As always, your food looks amazing!

    Yah know, I'm new to blogging and know nothing about the awards, but I certainly think it's well deserved. You inspire me every day!

    Keep talking about Wii Fit. The more you do, the more I bug my hubby about getting one :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. so cool that you can exercices with Wii. Is it good workout? or it's just for fun! I'm so curious about that.

    And..... your BSI submission rocks!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Balance, Joy, Delicias....I do think the Wii Fit offers a good workout, just not a heart pumping, sweaty one. It mostly focuses on yoga, strength, core and some light aerobics. And it's LOADS of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The BSI submission looks great! I think I say this everyday but I love your oatmeal bowl!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great BSI submission! I plan on doing mine tonight - still haven't narrowed it down though!

    Good luck with your son!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!