Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgivng to my American Pals!

To those of you celebrating Thanksgiving today, I hope you’re having a fantastic day full of goods eats, great company and hopefully some nice weather to walk (or play) off you’re gobble, gobble meals in!!

I started off my day with a great hot cereal combo!



-1 cup water
-1/4 cup Quaker oats
-1/4 cup oat bran
-1/3 cup blueberries
-cinnamon
-sprinkle of Ezekiel cinnamon Raisin cereal



Once again, this bowl had a great consistency to it. I actually reminded me of dessert! Can’t go wrong having dessert like food at breakfast!!

On to last night’s baking adventure! To re-cap, I made this recipe while waiting on supper last night but it was still too hot to cut when I posted. Here’s what it looked like when it was (finally) cool enough to cut!



I ate a piece before bed, of course, and another small one for a morning snack today.




*The Review* This loaf was scrumptious! It hit every taste bud in my mouth just right! And true to Hungry Girl recipes, it was a cinch to make! It’s definitely a keeper that you’ll see more of! I decided not to be greedy and brought some in for my payroll chummies and they all gave it thumbs up, so now you have more than just my biased opinion!

Our new space at the office will be ready for occupancy Dec 8 so I spent some time this morning cleaning out my desk drawers. It’s really incredible the amount of junk that accumulates! I had stuff in there from 2004! Can you say “pack rat” or “garbage”!! I really have a lot less to pack now! :)

Went home a lunch and did my 3 miles at a nice steady pace. Actually, I could have kept going, but I ran out of time. I hate when that happens! Damn work!! :~)

Lunch today was a mix of leftovers from the week. The way I look at leftovers is “gotta clean’em up!



This is a mix of chicken from last night with kasha pilaf and steamed veggies from Tuesday. I served it all up on a bed of baby spinach. YUM-O! I think we’re officially out of odds and ends in the fridge now.

I spent some time this afternoon covering reception. It was a nice change, but I couldn’t do that all the time! The rest of the afternoon was divided between cleaning up the files from yesterday’s pay run and sorting through the paperwork for the upcoming run. What fun! As I was performing these oh so exciting tasks, I munched on some carrot sticks.



I baked up some tofu for dinner tonight. I actually took the time this morning to slice it up and press it between some paper towels like I’ve seen all you lovelies out there do. I spiced it up with some cumin, coriander, chili powder, S & P, soy sauce and sesame oil then popped it in the oven for 30 mins @ 400*. I served it up on a toasted ezekiel muffin with brie, spinach and fig preserves. On the side I had some mushrooms sauteed with a bit of onion.



My sweet end was a chocolate curves bar. After dinner I went and got the groceries done because Mom and I have another Christmas shopping excursion planned for tomorrow night which is my normal grocery day. It's nice to know that that's been taken care of! I plan on watching CSI Vegas tonight and will most likely have another early night. Yeah for tomorrow being Friday!!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. Thank you for the Thanksgiving wishes!! :-)

    Hot cereal + scrumptious baked goods = deeeeeelicious!!!

    Have fun shopping with Mom tomorrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm...lots of good foods today. And you are making me crave brie! I might have to pick some up when I shop this weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the Thanksgiving wishes! All your eats look yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your meals looked so much healthier than mine! LOL That bread looks scrumptious!! I think I might have to make that for my hubby! Thanks for the suggestion :)

    Have fun shopping tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the thanksgiving wishes! Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. that loaf looks amazing!!!!! I'll need to make it too!!!

    Hope you had a great shopping night!~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. As a mushroom lover, I am drooling over your dinner! What a gorgeous loaf you made as well :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad the HG recipe turned out well. Thank you for the thanksgiving wishes :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you liked that HG loaf; I loved it too! but mine came out pretty dense for some reason..oh well, still good!

    and your dinner...that side? looks like something i'd INHALE. hahaha.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!