Tuesday, November 11, 2008

The Party Continues...

I woke up with a stiff back again today. I think I’m sleeping so soundly that I’m not moving through the night. I took an extra hot shower and stretched a bit while washing and felt much better when I got out! Here’s what went into my bowl this morning!



-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1/2 a mashed banana
-dried cherries from Bare Fruit pack
-cinnamon & cinnamon sprinkles



I enjoyed a granola bar with my Holiday Chai last night. I was so relaxed on the couch that I almost fell asleep! That hasn’t happened to me in a LONG time!




This tea picture was taken at work today...looks the same as the one I had last night so I decided not to bore y’all with doubles!

We had another “party” at work today. This one was labeled as a “coffee break”. What an amazing spread this particular department put on! My strategy for not going over board on the goodies at these events is to fill my plate pretty much full with fruit before anything else. That way, there’s not much room for the sweets….I’m one of these people who doesn’t like the different food groups touching on the plate. Here’s today’s selection...



Fruit, fruit, fruit, 2 crackers, one with brie one with a bit of a cheese ball spread, 3 thin slices of cheese, a small square and a cookie. One cookie and some grapes didn’t make it into the shot! I ate the goodies pretty much right away. Once they were enjoyed, I stuck a piece of gum in my mouth! If history repeats itself, there will be a few more of these get togethers before Christmas is here!

The stars just were not in alignment today when it came to my run. First, I had to take a detour home due to a road closure. That put me 5 minutes behind. I knew that would also mean that I had to leave 5 minutes sooner. That cut me down to 30 mins max of treadmill time. Then, at the 25 min mark, the school calls to tell me that DD bumped her head doing handstands against the wall. She was fine…they gave her an ice pack, they just wanted me to know. ARGH! I plan to watch part of The Biggest Loser on the treadmill tonight!

With the bounty of fruit that I collected this morning, as well as the treats, I decided to save today’s lunch for tomorrow and just eat the fruit with a yogurt. I mixed this...



With some blackberries, pineapple and agave...



Then picked at the rest of the fruit as the afternoon wore on. And, my hand kinda wandered into the cookie jar at about 3pm. I ate 3 (OK, 4) more cookies like you saw on my plate. Damn leftovers!

Tuesday is usually crockpot night but because I’m off work at 4pm this week, I had time to go home and cook dinner before swimming. Well, my hubby did most of the work! He BBQ'd some chicken breasts. I made some noodles for the family plus steamed veggies for everyone. There's also some salsa on the side of my plate for dipping.



I was still pretty full from my afternoon of grazing and did not end up eating too much supper. I hope that doesn't come back to kick me in the butt later on tonight! It's time to head on down to the pool! Hope everyone has a fantastic evening...

Bye for now!

12 comments:

  1. Ahhh, I'm praying that your back heals soon!! Hang in there, Krista!! And have a lovely evening, please :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a fabulous day! Doesn't it seem like there is always some kind of party at work?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds like your office does a lot of fun/different stuff! That is great! My office had a party today too but I took the day off ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. good pick from the coffee break party!

    I've noticed that your portions are really small in each meal. Are they all your eats? or you don't picture everything? I'm just curious!

    ReplyDelete
  5. B, J & F
    I do nibble on things through out the day that I don't photograph, but because I tend to be a bit of a grazer, I try to keep my meals a little on the small side. I do make sure that my breakfast is hefty, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Office parties are so hard for me! I usually end up pigging out on all the bad stuff. I admire your self control. And I wish I could find the Cinammon Roll Larabars, that sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ugh. I hate when unexpected stuff takes away from exercise time!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Buy wheat berries! hahhaha.....I'm reminding you! they're great in our morning oatmeal! ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  9. how nice of the hubby to cook up some chicken!!!
    hope you have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Mmmmm... I love dried cherries! :)

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!