Thursday, November 20, 2008

Canada/Russia Challenge

Hello all! I was up early again this morning and got some yoga and strength moves done on the Wii. It sets up little “mini” workouts for you. For example, when you do the warrior pose in yoga, it tells you to match it with the lunges from the strength exercises. When you do both, you’ve completed the “workout”. I unlocked a new pose called the “palm tree” so now I have a total of 7 yoga poses available to me. Jillian (from The Biggest Loser) has a Wii “game" out as well that I’ve added to my Christmas wish list. It’s called Jillian Michaels Fitness Ultimatum 2009. I really hope Santa is able to find it for me!!

Loved my oats (again) today!


-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1/2 banana
-1 Tbsp PB & Co. Cinnamon Swirl PB
-cinnamon

This bowl was fun to eat because I never knew which bite would have a chewy raisin in it from the PB! It was very filling, too. I probably shouldn’t have finished it all because I was quite full ¾ of the way through, but I just hate to waste food. I have to get into the mindset that a few wasted scoops of oatmeal won’t break the bank!

I ate one of my Crispy Pumpkin Pie Bars for a mid morning snack. It was even better than last night!


The flavors really melded well and the consistency was chewier than last night. These were sure quick and easy to do for something that tastes SO great!!

I was feeling kind of foggy in the head all morning. Between that and the blizzard like conditions outside, I really did not feel like making the trek home to jump on the treadmill. But I did...partly out of stubbornness, partly because I knew I would feel better for it!

Lunch was 2 parts today. First up was a fantastic bagel!


This beauty consisted of a WW Weight Watchers bagel, brie, fig preserves, spinach and a slice of roasted chicken deli meat. Next up was some roasted sweet potato rounds that I heated up in the microwave.


**QUAKER UPDATE** If you’ve been following the blog you will know that I contacted Quaker here in Canada to see if they send out samples like I see in all my American blogs. I was told not...BUT they did say they had sent out vouchers to go get my own free stuff! I was super excited to receive $12.00 worth of “Quaker money” in my mailbox today! There’s 4 vouchers at $3 each so I can either bulk them together or use them separately. YIPEE! Thank you, Quaker!

Before I left work I finally ate my apple. Is was a nice crunchy, sweet one!


Dinner tonight had to be fast and easy because we needed to leave the house by 5:45 for (see below!!). I decided on my old stand by...toasted English muffin, 1/3 cup nuked egg whites, a little mozzarella and Frank Redhot sauce. Asparagus fulfilled my “greens” requirement!



So my BIG Mommy bragging moment…and the reason behind the late post! My son’s hockey team was picked (as well as one other from the league) to play a mini game during one of the intermission’s at tonight’s Canada/Russia Hockey Challenge. This is a big deal (for us) because he’s never played in a rink with over 5000 people watching! And he adores our city’s OHL team and this is the arena they play at. He was so extremely excited about this and worked very hard at all his practices. I can’t even put into words how proud and impressed I am with him! He has so much dedication and determination when it comes to hockey (and soccer in the summer) and watching him become a better skater is almost parallel to his taking his first steps. Before I had kids I always thought that I’d like to have a “sporty” boy and now that I do I’m just tickled pink! Enough of my gushing! Here are a few pictures of him at the game!



DS (on the right) with his teammate/buddy



Game play. They're so cute at this stage! You always know where the puck is because all the kid flock to it! :)



The star of the show, in my VERY biased opinion! See his stick? It's just about at the puck!!



Silly faces after the game....



DD displaying her sponge hockey stick. Something to be proud of....chuckle, chuckle!

So, that's a wrap for tonight! It's 10:46pm and I'm hitting the sack in a half a second! I hope you all enjoyed Ds's hockey pictures!

Bye for now!!

10 comments:

  1. I always love the Tim Horton's sponsored hockey in the intermissions at hockey games - the kids are always so cute. And what a great experience, to skate at the Canada/Russia game.

    And I did not know there was a Wii game with Jillian...I will definitely be on the look out for that one!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how yummy! Those oats not only look healthy, but also super delicious and filling!

    Your kids are simply adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh.....your kids are so lovely!!!!! I want have two children too!!

    And Kristen, I think we got the same bowl (although mine is a mini version of yours I guess)...hahaha....did you buy it in Pier 1?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh- your kids are so cute! And what a great treat to be able to play at such a large venue! I hope he enjoyed every moment (and you too ;). Those pumpkin crisp bars look great! I'm glad you're enjoying them! I hope Santa finds you that awesome present!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAH! Mini hockey players!! SO CUTE!!!

    I've heard verrry mixed things about the Jillian Wii game... some LOVE it, most game reviewers hate it...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oats + pumpkin bar + sweet potato rounds = yum!!

    Such a cute hockey game!! :-D

    HAPPY FRIDAY!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loved the hockey post!! That's too cool! :D I totally had the same feeling getting up for spinning this morning - but once your there you feel so. much. better. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. How fun for your son's team!! Cinnamon swirl PB is delish and love the pumpkin bar :)

    Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your kids are so incredibly adorable!! Heck yah for Quaker vouchers!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh so jealous, I want a Wii Fit! (First I need a Wii console..haha my husband and I actually put one on our wedding registry, but to no avail!). And you have the most gorgeous kids, by the way!

    I just found your blog, and definitely hope to be back!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!