Friday, November 21, 2008

Figgy Friday

No early morning Wii workout for this girl this morning! I didn’t fall asleep until well after midnight and was just exhausted this morning so I used the extra 45 mins to sleep in. Once I dragged myself out of bed and into the shower, I was awake enough to get some breakfast going. Thank God the kids had a PD Day today so I didn’t have to worry about lunches! Phew! Anyways, here’s my bowl de jour!


-1 cup water
-1/2 cup McCann’s Irish Oats
-1/2 mashed banana
-1 heaping teaspoon full of fig preserves
-cinnamon


This bowl was kinda sweet which was OK because I needed the sugar rush!

I think that due to a lack of sleep, I was hungry again by 10:30. That’s way earlier than normal! I managed to hold off until 11am before I ate my Pumpkin Pie Bar. No picture today…I didn’t want to be too repetitive! The snack must’ve been just what I needed because it did a pretty good job of holding me over until my lunch at 1:30pm.

I decided to give myself a rest today from any workouts. I promised my guilty conscience a nice run and Wii workout tomorrow! I had some things to take care of anyways and it’s nice to have the hour to do them. DD was invited over to a friend’s place for a visit so I picked her up from the sitter’s and drove her there, went home and picked up the library books that were due and made my way to the library, picked out 2 novels and 2 food related books...Whole Grains, Every Day, Every Way by Lorna Sass(which came highly recommended by Tri To Cook) and "Skinny" by Melissa Clark & Robin Aronson. The latter book claims to tell you "how to fit into your little black dress forever" and is just for reading during commercials. I like these books for the little tidbits of info you can get from them. I still had some time so I hit up 7-11 for a small half pumpkin spice latte/half hazelnut flavored coffee.


That’s all that was left by the time I got back! It was SO good!!

My bagel yesterday was so awesome that I decided to make it again today! Just changed the type of cheese I used…..Weight Watchers WW bagel, mozzarella, fig preserves, spinach, slice of deli chicken breast.


I also picked up a bag of huge cookies at 7-11 for an afternoon treat for the office gals I work with. There were chocolate chip and macadamia nut. I saved one of each for home and quartered the rest for afternoon break.


This plate did not last very long!

DD wasn't home for dinner tonight so the 3 of us went out to Boston Pizza. I ordered the California pizza which came with mushrooms, onions, sun dried tomatoes and fresh tomatoes and Parmesan cheese. My hubby's pizza came with black olives which he doesn't like, so I popped them on to my pizza!



After dinner I dropped the boys off and went to pick up my Mom to hit the mall and try to accomplish some Christmas shopping. We ended up spending almost 3 hours there! I picked up a few things, but Mom bought loads of stuff! As I type, I'm sipping a hot chocolate and relaxing in my comfies. What a long day! Hope everyone enjoyed their Friday evening!

Bye for now!

8 comments:

  1. COOKIES!! PIZZA!! :-)

    Hope you get a better night's sleep tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you get some sleep tonight- you must be exhausted!! I need to get some more shoppin done!

    ReplyDelete
  3. hope you get some extra sleep tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want those cooking books too!!! And which novels did you pick Krista?

    hope you had a good rest!

    ReplyDelete
  5. phew, what a day! haha, hope you like the book :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Balance, Joy & Delicias...I picked The Cell by Stephen King...he's one of my favorite authors and another called Black Seconds by Karin Fossum.

    ReplyDelete
  7. your bowl of oats looks amazing!

    go you for starting christmas shopping already :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oooh this cookie and pizza looks so good!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!