Monday, November 10, 2008

I Need Fruit!

When I woke up and saw this outside my window...



I decided to put a bit of a tropical spin on my oats!



-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Old Wessex 5 Grain cereal
-1/2 mashed banana
-dash of coconut extract
-cinnamon
-1 tsp each coconut and chopped walnuts



Yum, yum, yum! All I was missing was the pineapple!

I had some serious munchies last night so I ate a bowl of dry YogActive cereal. This bowl holds about a third of a cup.



I went back for a second bowl. I didn’t need it but I figured it was better than digging into the big ass bag of chocolate covered almonds the hubby bought at Costco Saturday!

One of the girls in the office is expecting her first baby within the month so we had a baby shower for her this morning. She got some really neat stuff! I can’t believe how cool baby things have gotten since I had DS almost 7 years ago! Of course there were treats set up. I didn’t snap any pictures of the table, but here’s what I put on my plate...



Grapes, pineapple, a small piece of a choco/PB square and a biscotto. I also ate a macaroon that didn’t make it into the shot! There was plenty of variety and I’m happy with my choices and the fact that I didn’t go over board. I was glad to see a big fruit platter!

Getting changed at home today for my run was a very “fresh” experience! Man, was it cold! My knee was bothering me again (I think it’s the change in temp) so I kept a slower pace on the treadmill. I hit the 3 mile marker at 33:32...much slower than last week, but I’m glad I finished up. There were a few moments where I just wanted to walk. I feel nice and stretched out which is a good thing….especially when I have a job that requires sitting all day!

I really missed out on my fruits and veggies this past weekend and my body let me know it late last night. I was craving fruit like a mad woman right before bed. So, for today’s lunch I cut up a mango, 2 kiwis and some fresh raspberries for lunch. I also brought a yogurt.




And my afternoon snack was a pumpkin raspberry muffin. I think there’s only one of these guys left.



Monday = dance night. My hubby and I had started doing a “fend for yourself” type dinner back in September. I got sick of that real fast and started leaving stuff for him to prepare while I drove DD to dance for 5pm. Tonight I decided that with all the leftover food in the fridge, we would just pick what we wanted to re-heat. My dinner was exactly the same as last night!



A haddock fillet and eggplant ravioli. Delish! DD took a thermos full of ravioli for her lunch today and my hubby had some in his lunch as, well. I’d say they were a hit!

Before I picked DD up at dance I stopped in to the health food store to browse around. Look what I found!



Stash has their holiday flavors out! Yippee! I'll be snuggling in with a huge mug of Holiday Chai tonight! I also found some Sahale snack mix in almond and a little package of dried bananas and cherries. I plan to top my oats with them tomorrow!



I'm off to burrow under a warm blanket for the evening. How very lazy of me! Oh, well...I'm still going to indulge! :)

Bye for now!!

12 comments:

  1. I love how you are already snuggling down under a blanket for the evening, and I'm still here at work!

    And you like the YogActive cereal eh? I can't say I'm a huge fan when I have it in milk, because all the little yogurt pieces end up on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those bowls of fresh fruit look just fabulous! Sounds like a fun shower! I love when the holiday stuff starts coming out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have the same window view, haha :-D

    FRUIT!!!! Me love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. TAG! You're it :)
    I can't believe you have snow... I'm not ready for this.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Holiday Chai! It is so good. I didn't know Activia had an apple raisin flavor!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh~~~~~~~~~ snow!!!!!!!!!!! I kind of love it and hate it. Love it when I'm home, hate it when I have to go out.

    Great breakfast! I think I'll have this combo tomorrow morning.
    I want those fresh raspberries and mango.... delicious! And spicy pumpkin tea......dear! you know what's my weakness! Can't wait to read your review of it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. *shrieks!* snow?!? i do not like snow. at all. i think it's just because i despise the cold
    good idea to have a tropical b-fast!
    the pumpkin spice tea looks like it's going to be delicious!!
    hope your night is warm and toasty!

    ReplyDelete
  8. i must say i'm envious...i have never EVER woken up to snow...and actually, have never seen snow fall PERIOD. how lame am i? hahaha.

    love the eats! your oats are fantabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oooh winter is coming. Yikes!

    I love your tea finds! I am obsessed with tea. :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm totally laughing at "big ass bag of chocolate"

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful picture to wake up to! When it snows, my favorite part is looking out the window in the morning before it's gotten all gross and slushy (especially since I live in a city!)

    ReplyDelete
  12. i see you eat alot of yogurt that boosts digestive health. have you tried Yo-plus? or breakstone's cottage cheese withe digestive pro-biotics & fiber?

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!