Monday, November 17, 2008

Wii Fit

This is my week to work 8:30-4:30, but in the spirit of keeping to my “earlier” morning routine, I got up as if I had to be at work for 8am and went for a 30 min walk on the treadmill. Can’t say that I felt any better or worse through out the day, but it sure was gratifying to have almost 2 miles clocked in bright and early!

I found my Bob’s Red Mill 10 Grain cereal hiding out in the back of my cupboard so that’s what I put in my bowl today!



-1 cup water
-1/3 cup 10 Grain cereal
-1 tsp pumpkin pie coffee powder
-1/2 mashed banana
-cinnamon
-2 Tbsp trail mix


I ate this while quizzing DD on her up coming social studies test. They’re learning about environments, habitats, biomes….all things that I’ve forgotten over the years and am now re-learning! When I was her age, PHOTOSYNTHESIS used to be one of my favorite words! How geeky is that??

My snack last night included about a 1/3 cup of pomegranate seeds and a Ryvita cracker with PB & Co. Cinnamon Swirl. I only got a picture of the seeds, though...I also may have noshed on a handful (or 2) of dry Cinnamon Toast Crunch.


Just look at what was in the office candy dish…


They’re caramel filled, too! Somehow, I managed to stop myself at these 3 pieces. My hope is that they get eaten (by other people) ASAP!

After 4 days off, I had a superb lunch run! My knee was a little funky at first, but the kinks seemed to work themselves out as the run progressed. Combining my walk this morning and my run, I did a total of 5.12 miles. YIPEE!

Lunch today was the last of my Sweet Potato Barley Risotto.


I must say that the flavor was even better today! Isn’t that so true of most leftovers? I only ate about three quarters of what you see before I was utterly stuffed. You’ll probably see it again tomorrow disguised as soup! I ate this yogurt this morning, but wasn't hungry for the apple so I took it back home.


After seeing all the samples of yummies that Quaker has sent out to many bloggers, I decided to email the Canadian Quaker people to see if they do that sort of thing, too. I forwarded my blog site so they could see that I actually do love oats. Here is the response I recieved from them today...

Hi Krista:

Thank you for sharing your blog with us. We applaud you for your efforts in maintaining and promoting healthy eating habits. Unfortunately, we do not have samples to send to you, but in appreciation of your loyalty to our brand we have forwarded some vouchers for complimentary Quaker products that we hope you will enjoy.

Once again thank you for your patronage and much success with your ongoing healthy lifestyle.

Best regards,
Robin

That works for me! Can't wait to see what "vouchers" I get! Thanks Robin!

For dinner tonight my hubby grilled up some Jenni-O turkey burgers that I bought last time I was in the States. On it I put some brie (it's hiding underneath getting all melty), kale, dijonnaise & hot peppers. I served mine with sauteed kale. I just steamed it down with a bit of water and salt & pepper. Too good!



For my sweet end I ate a Kashi granola bar. I <3 this flavor! My co-worker, D, brought my Wii Fit in today! WOHOO!!! Talk about being excited about something! Guess what I'm off to do?!?! have a good night, all! :)

Bye for now!!


10 comments:

  1. Woohoo for WiiFit! Makes me want to play some tonight, but alas, I must finish my project for school. Maybe tomorrow.

    And I love how the peppers on your burger looks like a face...or maybe I'm the only one who sees that.

    And good on ya for emailing Quaker to see if they have any love for us Canadians.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having Wii Fit envy! I neeeeeeed one! LOL

    Your poms are really making me drool. I must go get me some. Thanks for the inspiration.

    I have no idea how you stopped at 3 caramel kisses ... I can stop no short of 20! LOL Needless to say, I just avoid them.

    Have fun wii-ing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good luck on the running/walking! I can't wait to see if you like the Wii fit! What are you testing tonight??

    ReplyDelete
  4. Enjoy your Wii Fit! I love the hula hooping! Its quite an ab workout!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hang in there with the work schedule!!

    Love all the colors in your eats today!! :-)

    Hooray for the letter from Quaker, and for the Wii Fit!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I can't wait to hear about your Wii Fit adventures. Yeah for oatmeal vouchers!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to try that risotto soon!!!
    So good that people from Quaker sent you at least some coupons!!
    I need to write them too...since I'm a true oatmeal lover!! ^_^
    have a great night~~~

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your breakfast looks divine and those darn kisses are so addicting!

    Hooray for vouchers from Quaker!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Congrats on racking up the mileage!! That is awesome. I have been a treadmill bum lately but plan to hit it this afternoon!

    ReplyDelete
  10. that burger looks so darn good. now i wanna make a burger. it's been a while since i've had one. i'm addicted to morning star veggie burgers.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!