Friday, November 7, 2008

Go Storm Go!!

I woke up feeling like the Pillsbury Dough Boy today. I guess the Halloween junk finally caught up with me. Oh, well...what’s done is done. No where to go but forward, right?

Has anyone out there tried this oatmeal yet?? I can’t buy it in Canada and was wondering if it was worth the effort to source it out. I’ve seen it mentioned on the Hungry Girl site a few times.

I wanted something different in my bowl today so I decided to make an oat “recipe” of mine that I haven’t had since the summer. Green Tea Latte Oats.




Looking at the color of this stuff, I was thinking that I should’ve made it Halloween morning! I’ll have to keep St. Patrick ’s Day in mind!

This morning went by really fast! Some days just seem to slip away from me more than others! Around 11am I ate a muffin because I was starting to get a grumble in my belly and I don’t like to get on the treadmill with an empty stomach. I can't believe I forgot to take a picture of it! Ooops!

I hammered out such a fantastic run today! I felt SO energized. Here’s what I did:

-1 min jumping jacks (to warm up)
-mile 1 in 9:27
-mile 2 in 18:31
-mile 3 in 27:44 (Go me!!!!)-2 min cool down walk

TOTAL=3.17 miles in 30 minutes

That is by far my fastest 3 mile run and was I HOT! Like, sweaty, tomato face hot. I think steam was rising off my face. But I. FELT. GREAT!!!

Lunch was a cup of last night’s soup and a sammie made with Weight Watcher’s WW bread and a wedge of Laughing Cow cheese. I like to eat the sandwich open face so it lasts longer! Sorry about the crappy picture! The overhead florescent don’t make for very good lighting.



I also ate grapes.



Are you guy’s sick of seeing grapes, yet? If so, you’ll be relieved to hear that they’re all gone!

I mentioned a few posts back that my daughter and I are involved in a study with the U of G. It’s a study on child injury risk in children in between the ages of 6-10 and will be done over the course of 8 weeks. All it really involves is some note taking. DD has to fill out a short form each night about her day and if she hurt herself or not and if so, was she alone and do her parents know, things like that. The injury can be a minor is a scrape up to something more serious. I have to fill out a form once a week that basically covers our day and what DD was doing at certain times (like watching TV, playing outside) and if I was with her or in a different room. At the mid point we’ll go to the university for some on site stuff that will involve some fun activities for DD. At the end of the study, we will receive a gift certificate for a store of our choice (they have a list of what places we can choose from). Should be interesting to see how it all unfolds!

I really, really wanted to go out for dinner tonight but my hubby didn't want to. I was not in a cooking mood, which is rare for me, so he threw chicken fingers and fries in the oven for them. For myself, I toasted an Ezekiel 4:9 English muffin and topped half with the last of the tofu and some salsa and the other half with a 1/4 cup of eggbeaters and Frank's Redhot sauce. I had some roasted root veggies on the side but didn't end up eating most of them. I was just in a blah mood.



I ate half of this Honest Foods Trail Mix bar for my sweet end. I think this is my fave so far! It had a nice sweet, nutty, almost crispy texture to it yet it was still chewy. Mmm...delish!



We are on our way out to buy my niece a birthday present. She'll be 2 on Tuesday and we're having a party for her tomorrow. After that we're heading out to an OHL hockey game to see our local team play. Go Storm Go!! Have a great Friday night!

Bye for now!!

9 comments:

  1. that oatmeal looks amazing!!!! i love the matcha green tea frappucino they have in starbucks in japan, even though they're not remotely good for you. and this reminded me of them :)

    sorry you weren't feeling in tip top condition this eve, but i'm glad you didn't have to cook when you didn't feel like it. loving the big mug of grapes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful run today!! what a great job!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hope you're feeling better!! Remember, it IS a new day, so don't worry about YESTERDAY'S eats - it's the past :-)

    Interesting study you're involved in!!

    AMAZING EATS!!!!!!!! I'm obsessed with grapes, so keep showing them!! :-D

    Have fun tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. congrats on a great run!!!
    the study sounds fascinating- when i was younger, it seemed like i always had some kind of injury
    honest foods products are so good-- i have a tough time keeping those granola planks in the house!
    have a wonderful night :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Way to go on the run!! That is fantastic! I wish I was half as fast :)

    As always, yummy oatmeal. I really want to try the Honest Foods Trail Mix. It sounds reallly good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thats really neat that you are participating in that study!

    Great job on the run!

    Sounds like a really fun Friday night!! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. sorry about the blad mood...I had that kind of feeling....to have dinner at home when you really want a dinner out.
    But that green tea latte oatmeal is AMAZING!!!!! My first reaction was how green tea can be so green???And then I checked the recipe and realized that it was the mate powder. I guess it tastes much better than real green tea.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I've never seen oatmeal like that!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What fun oatmeal! You have been tagged with a meme. Check out my blog.

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!