Saturday, November 22, 2008

Where Did The Day Go??

What a nutso day I had today! I feel like it flew by in a wink! I started the day off by sleeping in a wee bit and then making a warm, comforting bowl of oat bran. Here's the mix...



-1 cup water
-1/3 cup oat bran
-1/4 cup pumpkin puree
-pumpkin seeds
-cinnamon, a drizzle of agave and maple sugar



What a superior bowl of love. I must start eating more oat bran. After a big tea and some blog reading, I got ready for our trip over to Sam's Club. I picked up some much needed laundry detergent, a few boxes of granola bars for the kids lunches, toothpaste and a big ass box of this crazy delicious granola...



If you haven't tried this granola before, you must do so. It was MUCH better than I had anticipated!

Before I forget, I had a small snack before bed last night. I needed a little something after our 2.5 hour shopping excursion! I opted for an apple with a Tbsp of almond butter....



Once we returned home, I hopped on the treadmill for a run. About 10 minutes in, I developed a bit of a headache that I tried running through to no avail. It was the weirdest thing! Anyways, I managed to get 25 minutes in before I called it quits. I guess something is better than nothing, right?!

After that came vacuuming and then a nice hot, steamy shower! Oh, that felt so nice! I finally sat down to a small lunch about 2:30. I should take a minute to mention that I did partake of some free samples at Sam's Club, which is why lunch was late and small! I tried some chocolate mousse cake, lemon cheesecake, a piece of macaroon, a cube of smoked cheddar and a piece of a turkey & cheese appetizer. That being said, lunch consisted of some plain yogurt & granola (YUM) and about a cup of grapes.



DS was on the ice from 3-4 today and I went to watch because his game is early tomorrow morning and I won't be attending that. We rushed home, showered the kids, got them and my niece and nephew changed into their "for good" clothes and off to the studio we went for Christmas picture's! (Lisa, if you're reading this don't tell Mom and Dad!!) The plan is to frame these picture's to give to my parents as a Christmas gift. Let me tell you, getting 4 kids ages 2-9 to smile and look at the camera all at the same time is NO easy feat! WOW! Talk about cranky pussycats by the time that was over! :)

My brother and the kids stayed over our place for dinner, so as soon as we got home at 6pm, I dove right into cooking up some supper! Chicken fingers and fries for the little ones and Cheesy Salsa Chicken with veggies and Kraft Dinner (none for me, thanks) for everyone else!



Once dinner was done and cleaned up my parents came over for a visit. Everyone left by 8pm and now here I am, finally relaxing in blogland with a nice mug of cocoa! I have some blog catching up to do now and then I'm gonna cuddle under a blanket and watch some TV. Hope everyone is enjoying their weekend so far!

Bye for now!!!

10 comments:

  1. Today definitely went by quickly - at least you spent every minute of it well!! :-)

    Enjoy your relaxing evening!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! I'm tired just reading your post. You certainly had a busy day!

    As a semi-employed :) photographer, I concur that it is a feat to get kids and parents all to look at the camera and smile at the same time and not strangle one another by the end. Although, some of my favorite photos are the ones where a little 'real life' occurs and it is totally natural.

    Hope tomorrow is less hectic for you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a crazy day! Sounds like the pictures will make an awesome christmas present! Your morning oatmeal looks beautiful! Hope you get some nice rest tonight!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. i loooooooove that granola - did u try the pumpkin flavor? its amazing - i must buy some more :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. the flax cereal is SO good!
    sounds like a crazy but wonderful day
    enjoy your night!

    ReplyDelete
  6. it seems that you had a busy but nice saturday. Groceries shoppings is so enjoyable!!! I went to 5 stores yesterday..hahahha....it was so fun!!!

    have a great sunday~~

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have never had oat bran before, I need to give it a try.

    That salsa chicken looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your food looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The chicken is making me hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. 25 minutes is definitely better than nothing! Especially with a headache. :D

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!