Friday, November 14, 2008

Productive Friday

It’s finally Friday!! Friday’s have to be the worst day of the week to get out of bed for me. But I had exciting plans for part of the day so that motivated me quick enough! I went back to my trusty bowl of oats for breakie today!




-1 cup water
-1/2 Old Wessex 5-Grain cereal (the last of it...so sad!)
-1/2 mashed banana
-2 Tbsp hazelnut flavored liquid Coffee Mate
-2 Tbsp trail mix
-cinnamon



Snackie last night was the last piece of banana bread. I warmed it up in the microwave and sprayed some butter on it.



I also strained some yogurt for my snack today. Whenever you see that I've eaten yogurt, this is the brand that I use....



It's 60 calories per half cup and the best brand that I have found around here.

I was tagged by Bunny Trails to divulge 7 random facts about myself. I already did this in this post, but thought it would be fun to do it again. Now you will know 14 random things about me! Here ya go!

1) My first stint in college was for food and beverage management, my second for business administration
2) Until I became pregnant with my son, I hated coffee and steak. In fact, once I started craving red meat and coffee with hazelnut flavoring, I knew I was pregnant!
3) I have 2 tattoos...both on my back...one of a dolphin, one of my zodiac sign
4) I absolutely LOVE to read. In fact, I have to read in bed before I can fall asleep at night!
5) I've been to Italy three times and Cancun once. Time for another trip soon, I do think!
6) From the ages of 17-24, I was a smoker....eeeww! Thank God I quit that nasty habit!
7) I prefer to drive a standard vehicle over an automatic one

And here are the rules. I’m not going to tag anyone because I thin it’s gone around a lot already, but if you want to participate, by all means do!



No run (or walk) today. I had very exciting things to do! I was very productive over my lunch...it’s amazing what can be accomplished in one hour! Here’s what I did;

1)Drove over to the mall to hit up EB Games for a Wii system. I have the Wii Fit coming to me on Monday as my co-workers nephew works at Future Shop and snagged one for me earlier today, but she won’t see him until the weekend. No matter...I bought the new Wii Music to keep us occupied over the weekend and the system also came with a disc that has 5 games on it.



2)I then went across the street to William’s Coffee Pub to use my coupon for a FREE regular sized specialty drink. I decided on a pumpkin spice latte made with skim and no whip. OMG! So.Good.



3)The same plaza has a grocery store that I needed to do some price checking in so I
popped over there. There was a lady at the front handing out roses and coupon books with $20.00 worth of savings! How cool is that? Check out the beautiful rose!



I made a wrap last night for lunch using an Italian Herb flatout wrap that I smothered with a Laughing Cow cheese wedge and topped with 2 pieces of turkey bacon, lettuce, roasted red pepper and shredded carrots.




YUM! I also packed a half cup of strained plain yogurt with some pineapple-coconut jam.



After work we set up the Wii and played some tennis between the four of us before heading out to Swiss Chalet for dinner. I was irritated when looking through the menu and realized that most everything I would normally eat there is no longer on the menu! What the heck? No more grilled chicken breast, no more roasted veggies, no more soup & salad combo at dinner. Geez! I ended up begrudgingly ordering a quarter chicken white with a side of veg.



Not very satisfying. The veggies were a soggy, water logged mess (I didn't even eat them) and my chicken was on the dry side. *sigh* I guess the 8 or so chocolate covered almonds I ate when we got home made up for it! I plan to have a bowl of grapes later to get some produce into me. Until then, it's Wii time!! Yahoo!

Bye for now!!

13 comments:

  1. Roses = my favorite flower.


    HAPPY FRIDAY!!!!! :-D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurray for picking up a Wii! So fun! I love mine. WiiFit is great too, as is MarioKart. I haven't tried WiiMusic yet, you'll have to let me know how that is. Enjoy your weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Krista! just wanted to say again that I love, love, love your blog - I look forward to it every night!! :) I really like that way you describe your food/day and include recipes - I'm soo making that banana bread tonight!
    It's also great to see another Ontarian on the blog curcuit because I can buy most of the stuff you have! (I'm from Kingston).

    Anyways, keep it up and thanks again,
    Kay

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for doing the 7 things list again. I didn't know you had already done one! SORRY :)

    The last of the banana bread? OH NO!! That sure did look yummy. I was going to ask you about your yogurt and you beat me to the punch. Thanks! I'll have to see if I can find it.

    Have a great night!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Have fun with the WII! Loved learning more about you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i was reading in 'google reader' but i had to come over and say your oats look like they were so delicious and creamy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You did so many things today!!1 wooooooooo.....
    Fun facts about you, specially the pregnant craving... hahhaa....I want to know what would be mine.
    And also fact that you enjoy reading. I enjoy reading on bed before sleep too. What are you reading now? what's the best book you've ever read?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on quitting smoking! And, I've heard that sometimes after having a baby your taste buds change. I guess you proved that true!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey, I've been to Italy twice! Last year I studied political science there, and now I consider it my home away from home :-)I miss the seafood (I was in Sorrento for the majority of it) and the pistachio gelato the most!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Balance, Joy, Food
    Right now I'm reading "Showdown" by Tilly Bagshawe. It's a fun novel. I don't have one favorite book....I've read way too many good ones! I love murder mysteries, though! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Definitely in love with the Wi..
    Must ask though, how to do you make sure the wrap holds and stays still. Mine usually open up :S

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sharon....I spread the Laughing Cow cheese right to the edge so that it acts like a "glue" to hold everything together...

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yay for the Wii! I love ours, and love Wii Fit the most! Wii Music was a letdown... but Wii Play is great!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!