Sunday, November 2, 2008

Gotta love the Extra Hour!

I actually remembered to flip the clocks back before I went to bed last night. Usually, we totally forget about it! So of course I was awake very early this morning! It was nice to be able to just lounge around in bed for a while before getting up. What a nice weekend luxury!

I wasn’t sure what I wanted to do with my oats this morning and ended up just throwing random things in the pot. It turned out fabulous!



-1 cup water
-1/2 cup Flax Seed Porridge
-1/2 a mashed banana
-1/2 tsp cocoa powder
-dash of coconut extract
-cinnamon
-drizzle of agave
-a pinch of Mini Wheat crumbs



Holy smokes….it was one hefty bowl! The consistency turned out just to my liking, a little on the dry side. It was quite dense so it took me a bit to eat which was a good thing because it slowed me down.

My snack for last night was some pumpkin baked oatmeal and a small bowl of grapes (and 2 mini chocolate bars. Yes, I’m hanging my head!)



We spent the morning out at the farm. It sure didn’t take too long for all those beautiful leaves to fall to the ground! The forest looks so barren now. Everyone was pretty happy that the trampoline was taken apart last weekend because there was quite a chilly wind out there today!

We stopped at our favorite country store, Knapp’s, on the way home for some goodies. We picked up a bumbleberry pie...



And some Yogi tea, honey garlic sausage for the hubby and kids dinner tonight and some of the most incredible jam I have ever tasted...pineapple coconut!



I knew I wanted to incorporate the jam into my lunch so I made French toast with 2 pieces of Weight Watcher’s WW bread, a 1/3 cup egg whites, cinnamon & vanilla. I used the jam in place of syrup. I also scrambled up some more egg whites for on the side. All served up with a big ole mug of vanilla hazelnut tea.



After lunch I drove over to Wal Mart because I wanted to buy a WII & WII fit for myself and they were advertising the units as being on sale. When I got there and inquired about it, I was told that they were sold out. HUH? I asked if they were already sold out from the Friday flyer and the sales guy said yes that they had only 6 consoles come in!! WHAT?! I hate that! Why advertise something at a marked down price and then only get 6 in the store? I was not a happy camper! I came home and ran 3 miles (time: 28:05) to blow off some steam. Man, I was really looking forward to trying some of the yoga today! I guess I can look at it as the money is still in the bank! I did purchase this 19oz cup though, which came in handy for a monster green tea after my run & shower!



Dinner was early tonight because DS had hockey at 6pm. While I was preparing the food, I nibbled on a few grapes.



I made some baked tofu, roasted parsnips & carrots and steamed veggies.



After hockey was over, my hubby had to run to the grocery store to pick up some protein powder. I found a few items while wandering through the store...



Dark chocolate hot chocolate, cinnamon & raisin swirl PB and cranberries. Once home I had a pear & goat cheese tart and I plan on one of those dark hot chocolates while watching the Amazing Race!



Hope everyone had a fantastic day!!

Bye for now!

11 comments:

  1. Hooray for...

    - daylight savings time

    - hefty oats

    - grapes

    - pumpkin baked oatmeal

    - pie

    - roasted vegetables

    - tartelette

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely day! They didn't give you rain check on the WII? They def should have done that! how ridiculous! All of the eats look good (as per usual) :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That pie looks amazing! I love cinnamon raisin swirl PB!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was reading a previous post and PLEASE tell me where you found pumpkin butter in Canada! I'm desperate.. I keep seeing it on the blogs and I have GOT to try it!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. M,

    I'm sorry to say that I actually bought the pumpkin butter on my last trip to the States. I haven't been able to find it here either. Check out the blog "Tri To Cook"...she has a crockpot pumpkin butter recipe that you might like to try!

    ReplyDelete
  6. what's a bumbleberry? whatever it is, i bet it rocks because all berries are delicious!!!

    great eats!!! the oats sounds awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  7. that's a big glass, great for drinking a lot of tea!
    and that pumpkin baked oatmeal is calling me!!! I tell myself everyday that I have to make it....

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am with you on the extra hour... food looks great Krista. nice post.

    zesty

    ReplyDelete
  9. pear + goat cheese is always a winner with me! Great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  10. YUM Pumpkin baked oatmeal!!
    I just found your blog through comment clicking on ones I follow, and I'm adding you to my reader now! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

I'd love to hear from you!! Please leave a comment!